Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the advice ladies!

This is OT but I love Kevin's books as well: especially when he made up celebrities into other celebrities (can't remember which that was, they aren't with me atm). There are such great tips for getting the vintage look in his books, I recommend them to anyone who is looking, although they are probably out of print and horribly expensive. The only downside is how the paperbacks were bound - my pages are falling out from overuse.

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
short hair!!!

Hi ladies! I just chopped my waist-length hair off yesterday; I'm so excited, I feel so liberated! I still have to get the hang of setting it now that it's shorter, though.

Photoon2011-05-11at13344.jpg

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
Hi ladies! I just chopped my waist-length hair off yesterday; I'm so excited, I feel so liberated! I still have to get the hang of setting it now that it's shorter, though.

It looks really lovely! I've never seen your hair longer, but I'd say this was a great choice! (I've got waist length hair... I don't bother cutting it because it grows almost 2 inches per month until it's at my waist.)

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Love the hair RodeoRose! It will feel so nice and light for summer, I'm sure.

Yes, I meant Making Faces. I have Face Forward as well. Both great books for learning about anything and everything in the makeup world!

McVolke

New in Town
First of all you look stunning in the first photo and secondly...I can well relate to other photo. I'm originally from New Mexico. 110 F or 43 C and no humidity to speak of. I loved Biosilk and CHI, both oils from Farouk. The conditioners were the only other product I tried, I was not at all impressed. I also noticed a big difference in frizz when I quit dying my hair with normal hair dyes and started using henna. I actually have less frizz here in Germany than I did in NM. I haven't found an oil I really like here and I do use John Frieda Frizz-Ease (now comes the hard part) Traumlocken Ringel-Spray....I guess the literal translation would be "Dream locks Curl Spray" For the German members please feel free to correct my translation.:eek:
I guess one warning, I have thick somewhat wavy hair. I can get away with using a lot of heavy products in my hair. Hope this helps beat the frizzies. This is coming from someone that occasionally looks like I've styled my hair by sticking my finger in an electrical outlet.:eeek:

Sorry I meant to reply to MissLaurieMarie

Last edited:

Marla

A-List Customer

Photoon2011-05-11at13344.jpg

Bangs like that are so hard to pull off--they suit you well! Just the right length too. :)

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
Thank you, one and all!! I still feel a tiny pang of regret occasionally when I remember my lovely Edwardian hair, but being able to do pincurls again is so worth the trade!

Miss Golightly, rag curls are a cinch, much easier than pincurls in my opinion! Here's a link to a great tutorial.

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
Thank you, one and all!! I still feel a tiny pang of regret occasionally when I remember my lovely Edwardian hair, but being able to do pincurls again is so worth the trade!

Miss Golightly, rag curls are a cinch, much easier than pincurls in my opinion! Here's a link to a great tutorial.

Your hair will grow back eventually, and for now you get to style your hair differently. I say welcome the minor change :) !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass