Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
This is the set that has been working best for me lately. I had my hair recently cut into a long middy and it's been behaving much better. The funny thing about this picture is that I have bright red lipstick on, but photographed it looks nude.[huh]

That set is perfection itself! Like others have mentioned, I am so jealous of your smooth curls. Mine come out like that right after I've brushed them into submission, but they soon get *really* curly again.

PS, the lipstick thing happens to me too in photos lol

I cut my hair according to the directions C-dot gave and I think it turned out pretty good even though I was scared to do it. Thank you C!! :D

Wow, I'm so happy you tried it Rue! It came out fantastically, you look great :D I'm going to link to your pictures in The Middy thread so others can see!

Last edited:

rue

Wow, I'm so happy you tried it Rue! It came out fantastically, you look great :D I'm going to link to your pictures in The Middy thread so others can see!

Thank you C!

Another lovely example of C-dot's tutorial. You look beautiful Rue. If only I could pluck up the courage!

Thank you! You should really try it. I was nervous to cut the back, but it came out just fine. I took a little too much off the top, but since I curl it everyday anyway, you can't even tell :)

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Here is what I got today I really like how it turned out
shorthair002.jpg

shorthair005.jpg

shorthair006.jpg

TheRedSquare

New in Town
Rue and GrantFan- I am swooning! You both look beautiful. What type of set did you two use for those do's? They are truly perfection.

For the ladies who asked to see my long middy un-styled... I'm still working on getting my picture uploaded. I'm having issue's with my little uploader usb thing(?) and need to see if my honey can get it working.

On another note- LisaFreemontSt just posted a great video on YouTube for several different faux bangs. There is a faux bettie bang that I can't wait to try!

Grant Fan

Practically Family
RedSquare, Thanks you are very kind. I will take pictures of the set next time I use it, it is much easier than trying to explain it. Unless you have the Vintage Hairstyling book, in that case I used the setting pattern used for the 1930's fake bob

Last edited:

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Clabbergirl I use a conair, 20 roller set. I did comb a finger wave with a pomade coating on my hands then held it in place with duck bill clips and strayed it. Once it was dry I lightly combed it. I hope that helps. Next time I set it I will take a picture of my setting pattern and my roller sets.
Ginfizz thanks I am really pleased with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner