Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Miss C

New in Town
Sorry to repeat what others have said before me, but it has to be said again - Rue and Grant Fan your middy cuts look fantastic!! It makes me want to stay home from work tomorrow and practice a set on my own middy!! Thank you for sharing and inspiring!
Cx

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Ginfizz it hits about an inch or so above my shoulders. I will take a picture of it before I set it, with my natural curl it is the same length as it is straightened because it flips out at the ends on it's own there is absolutely nothing I have found that will keep that form happening. But any how I will get one to show you so you can have a visual

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Wow, everyone's hair looks amazing. I love the hair cut Grant Fan.
I couldn't get a good picture of this and the back is really too short for this style anyway.
378971_2532739765167_1453724556_2767132_1764642622_n.jpg

This will probably be my fall winter hairstyle as it's easy and I can wear my natural texture. This not a real bun. My hair is still too short for that. It's just brushed to look that way. Having corse hair is an advantage for once.
314987_2532727324856_1453724556_2767122_1082839885_n.jpg
375395_2532727164852_1453724556_2767121_1173928905_n.jpg

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind a noobie dropping in after months of lurking! Last month I found a lady who has been styling hair since the 60s that was able to know what I meant when I wanted a true middy (mine's not a baby though, it's just shy of being a femme fatale) so I've been drooling over all your lovely 'dos looking for some vintage inspiration! :) Grant, I am absolutely in awe of your curls and deadpandiva, you are making me want to rock my bumper bangs more often, though I still have to work on getting that curve shape down pat. ;) Here's a quick snap I took with my cell phone for my FB ladies a couple weeks ago. I was inspired by By Gum By Golly's pigtail loops:

6331386220_b3c1a38bcb_z.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
6332073720_0f44b9630a.jpg
[/url][/IMG]I thought I'd just share a pic of the back of my hair, just naturally air dryed. Its been driving
me nuts lately, and I've threatened to cut it, but if this keeps up i may not have to.

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
6332073720_0f44b9630a.jpg
[/url][/IMG]I thought I'd just share a pic of the back of my hair, just naturally air dryed. Its been driving
me nuts lately, and I've threatened to cut it, but if this keeps up i may not have to.

Oh, how I wish mine dried naturally like yours! It's gorgeous. Mine dries naturally frizzy. ;)

crwritt

One Too Many
Oh, how I wish mine dried naturally like yours! It's gorgeous. Mine dries naturally frizzy. ;)

Thanks. Mine used to dry "naturally Frizzy" too, but I've been working on the moisture.So there's hope.
Oil shampooing (rub in a little coconut oil then wash with a castile soap, rinse with 1T vinegar in a glass of water) has helped a lot, also using Shea Moisture Curl enhancing Smoothie as a leave in.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
I found this cute picture from 1940 which seals my love for my v-neck sweaters (and shows me that they are indeed retro!)
6334352653_16e311d02a_z.jpg

So I dug out a scarf I've been waiting to use and though you can't really see it, added a WWII sweetheart pin and put my hair back with some combs I added some blue and cream pearls to.

6334371575_8444446695_z.jpg

6334371641_a33ac0fdb9_z.jpg

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Ooh! I never thought to wear a scarf with a V-neck like that! What a fab idea! I have loads of V necks that I don't wear so much because they look a bit "modern".

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
While I know it isn't a hairdo and technically it isn't a middy, I had a set come out decently with my new haircut. This was done with pincurls, and the first time I've ever had them come out at all! My hair is cut into a 22 inch layered cut, which I used C-dot's middy tutorial to cut each length to 22 inches a few months ago. Thank you C-dot! :)

(Sorry for the poor picture quality, I'm limited to my cell phone camera right now.)

I think next summer I might go for an 18 inch cut.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Last time I posted I got all kinds of questions about my hair so I hope this answers them.
Here are my hot rollers
newhair001-1.jpg

here are a few views of my roller set
newhair003-1.jpg

newhair004.jpg

and from the front sorry I look so angry
newhair005.jpg

And once I let the hair out of the rollers and brush it out a bit I comb in a finger wave and clip it like so while the hairspray dries.
newhair.jpg

and once the hairspray is dry I gently run a comb through just the wave and I get a style similar to this though the wave varies from set to set
newhair002-1.jpg

Oh and GinFizz you asked how long it was straight, when it is wet and at its straightest it grazes the top of my shoulders

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
I love wave in the front, Grant Fan! I've been trying for ages to get my hair to do that and I finally did it! I think it's safe to say I'm having a fantastic vintage hair day today! (It helps that I broke down and colored my hair again...now these are the pin curls I remember doing years ago!)

I didn't do much brushing out today and I invested in some pomade...still learning how to use that to tame the flyaways and smooth the curls but I love the casual collegiate look I seem to have going. :)

6347851556_4facbee7da_z.jpg

6347102773_2cc6343287_z.jpg

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
Last time I posted I got all kinds of questions about my hair so I hope this answers them.
Here are my hot rollers

here are a few views of my roller set

and from the front sorry I look so angry

And once I let the hair out of the rollers and brush it out a bit I comb in a finger wave and clip it like so while the hairspray dries.
newhair.jpg

and once the hairspray is dry I gently run a comb through just the wave and I get a style similar to this though the wave varies from set to set
newhair002-1.jpg

Oh and GinFizz you asked how long it was straight, when it is wet and at its straightest it grazes the top of my shoulders

Thank you for these! It helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner