Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
A picture of me christmas eve hairdo
s4qsrc.jpg

Antje, your hair is gorgeous! How on earth do you get it so shiny? :lol: The color is stunning.

This pic is a bit blurry, but here's my new years eve hair.... I've got such fluffy hair now after my perm! The quality of it is totally different, I get lots of frizz, but I quite like the fluffiness because my hair was always so flat and limp before ;)

this is the first day of a wet set with foam rollers, worn with two rolls on one side and the rest down.
IMG_0845.JPG

I have to agree, this photo is straight out of a late 30s film. So glamorous! You should be rubbing elbows with Nick & Nora Charles.

Last edited:

Antje

One Too Many
Thank you, that was straight after colouring and washing, so that must be the fact that it was soo shiny, I always use shampoo and mask of orofluido, with arganoil it makes the hair so soft but not limp I love that stuf

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Thought I'd post a quick pic here of the results of my home trim ;) following C-dot's tutorial. I'm loving the new length at the front, so much better and I get more definition of the tapered look that is so common in 40s styles. However, the back fell a lot, I think that is my error rather than the cut. I'm not sure I worked the setting lotion completely through on the back or it may have been watered down a bit much and I know some of the curls felt a touch damp when I took them out, so it may have been a combination of all three. :p I miss the length, but like C-dot reassured me, it will grow back and now that I have the basic shape down, it won't be a problem no matter the length. :)

6648069117_d8900b0884_z.jpg

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Aww, thanks Miss T.! I'm not sure if I'd ever go beyond cutting what I did to shape my middy and that also took some courage on my part! Though my husband came home, saw what I did, the pile of hair and said "I can't leave you home for five minutes!" lol

I Adore Film Noir

A-List Customer
Thought I'd post a quick pic here of the results of my home trim ;) following C-dot's tutorial. I'm loving the new length at the front, so much better and I get more definition of the tapered look that is so common in 40s styles. However, the back fell a lot, I think that is my error rather than the cut. I'm not sure I worked the setting lotion completely through on the back or it may have been watered down a bit much and I know some of the curls felt a touch damp when I took them out, so it may have been a combination of all three. :p I miss the length, but like C-dot reassured me, it will grow back and now that I have the basic shape down, it won't be a problem no matter the length. :)

6648069117_d8900b0884_z.jpg

So pretty and I ♥ your hair color.

Isis

One of the Regulars
I think EVERYONE who posts here makes a fantastic job! I get so inpsired every time I check in!

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
You're all so beautiful! And so inspirational. I finally had time to do a proper set in my new middy cut with C-Dot's tutorial and here are the results:
054.jpg

051.jpg

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Retro_GI_Jane your cut and set look perfect! Well done!

AdrianvsLocky, your hair looks great! Awesome colour and I love the short sections around your face, it looks really pretty. I didn't dare cut my front sections that short! Does it mean you can't do victory rolls if you wanted to? That's my worry, with cutting the middy too short :)

Mine is very gently shaped and more of a bob than a middy really, which is why it looks more 30s I guess! Not sure whether to change that or not.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Thanks Lina Sofia. The side sections aren't really that short - they're just very tightly curled. They come to my chin when they're not curled so plenty of hair to do victory rolls!:)

wahine

Practically Family
Wonderful rolls, AdrianLvsRocky, I like how you do them pretty far back. Mine always sit in front and usually don't come out properly, I must try them your way.

I went for afternoon coffee to some friends and use the occasion to dress up a bit (I don't go vintage every day).
This is how my hair looked before I went outside into the wind and rain (you don't want so see it afterwards)

btw: Wasn't there a "show us what you wear today" thread? I wanted to post there but can't find it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy