Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
AdrianLvsRocky - I love your hair, but that sweater you have on is darling! May I ask where you bought it?

Wahine - Yes, that's in the "regular" section of Fedora Lounge, I think in the "general Attire" area. Your hair & outfit are pretty!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Today's hair
6709571519_2f765c6984.jpg

Priscilla

New in Town
I have been reading around and doing research before venturing into the magical world of vintage! The first step seemed to be hair. I gave the hair dresser a pic of Lisa Freemont Street with an unstyled middy, and a horrible copy of a middy diagram. I wanted it longer then normal, and she did modernize the bangs. The bangs are nice since I'm a work in progress, so if I'm feeling lazy it still looks cute ( I do wish they were longer for curling though). Here's the before the cut, after the cut, and my first pin curl set with just water.

Before.jpg
Photo0513.jpg
Photo0504.jpg

Last edited:

wahine

Practically Family
Priscilla, what a great decision! At first sight, you could think that's three different persons in the pictures. All of them wonderful, but I prefer the versions in the middle and in the right :)

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
KamiKat - I wish I could style my hair without bangs for a change now and again but I just look, and therefore feel, silly without them now. I think both bangs and non-bangs really suits you. Lucky thing!

Not so much a new do as a new colour:

003-1.jpg

002.jpg

I had it done at the hairdressers so don't know what colour mix they used. It was their brightest copper and they bleached the darker red out first.

I'm really pleased with it but it's still a bit of a shock whenever I look in the mirror! I wasn't expecting it to look quite so different.

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
KamiKat - I wish I could style my hair without bangs for a change now and again but I just look, and therefore feel, silly without them now. I think both bangs and non-bangs really suits you. Lucky thing!

003-1.jpg

002.jpg

I had it done at the hairdressers so don't know what colour mix they used. It was their brightest copper and they bleached the darker red out first.

I'm really pleased with it but it's still a bit of a shock whenever I look in the mirror! I wasn't expecting it to look quite so different.

You look amazing! The cut is great and the colour is wonderfully bright and a nice contrast to the dress.

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars

003-1.jpg

002.jpg

I love the colour and the set! How do you set it? Mine never comes out as lovely as yours does.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Thanks ladies! :D

I was straight out of the hairdressers in that photo. After they'd dyed and trimmed it they asked if I'd like it curled. I explained that I usually pin curl etc. but they could only offer me curling tongs so I said go ahead and that was the result (brushed out of course)!

I think that Grant Fan uses curling tongs do do her lovely hair??

It's not something I'd normally use but I'll definitely be trying them in future.

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars

002.jpg

LOVE the color! Beautiful and you wear it well. How long will it be this vibrant, I wonder. It's gorgeous.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
^ Thanks!

I'm wondering about the vibrancy too. I've only washed it twice since I had it dyed and it's already, definitely, less vibrant. I'm hoping that, the longer I dye it for, the longer it will last. I found that with my last colour (a darker red). At first it would fade quickly but then it hardly faded at all and I'd only need to dye it when my roots came through. Fingers crossed!

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Thanks ladies! :D

I was straight out of the hairdressers in that photo. After they'd dyed and trimmed it they asked if I'd like it curled. I explained that I usually pin curl etc. but they could only offer me curling tongs so I said go ahead and that was the result (brushed out of course)!

I think that Grant Fan uses curling tongs do do her lovely hair??

It's not something I'd normally use but I'll definitely be trying them in future.

Damn! I hate curling irons - I never get a good result with them when I use them on myself. I just burn my forehead.

BUT!! Let it be known that Jan. 18 is the day Laurie was finally able to brush her hair into glamorous waves. Go me go, I'm so freaking proud. This has never happened to me in the morning - unusually my hair doesn't wave until I brush it at night before hopping in the shower (Murphy's Law, of course).

Jan18_leftside.jpg

Antje

One Too Many

003-1.jpg

002.jpg

Completely love it!!! great bangs and superb colour

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Looks like perfection to me, Laurie! Color me jealous, I never have good luck with waves either, at least not in such a nice straight line like that.

Today was a victory roll and snood day since I've been training my hair to go between washings. I'm up to two days now and it looked somewhat oily to me last night even after I gave it a water rinse to break up the helmet of hairspray I used that day. I've also not had much time to do a proper set so it's just been the front that's been getting done with the rest in an updo so it was also a good chance for me to get some roll practice in. I think I finally found a technique that works for me, rather than pulling the hair out and rolling towards the direction the roll will sit like I see ladies do in many tutorials, I rolled towards the back of my head and then turned the roll inwards when I reached my scalp, so that way the taper is there on the end instead of trying to tuck it in with pins.

6721336473_a03aa98a15_z.jpg

6721310505_d269d43ea7_z.jpg

Last edited:

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Laurie - Gorgeous waves! How did you do that?
Retro_GI_Jane - PERFECT rolls!
Antje - Thanks so much for the compliment - it's high praise indeed from one of my "hair idols"!:D

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
Laurie - Gorgeous waves! How did you do that?

Be damned if I know! lol

I brushed out the bottom layers with my Goody bristle brush, then proceeded to unwind a row, brush, unwind, brush. Then I brushed them all together with a bristle brush, then with a larger brush to break up the knots and it just happened! I wished I had been paying more attention.

I attribute it to the mass amount of brushing (which also took a lot of my hair with it, it was really tangled this morning) because I never do as much as I do and it ends up staying curly. I also set it last night in all green (second-largest) rollers except for the bottom sections with unwashed hair, maybe that helped too?

Looks like perfection to me, Laurie! Color me jealous, I never have good luck with waves either, at least not in such a nice straight line like that.

Today was a victory roll and snood day since I've been training my hair to go between washings. I'm up to two days now and it looked somewhat oily to me last night even after I gave it a water rinse to break up the helmet of hairspray I used that day. I've also not had much time to do a proper set so it's just been the front that's been getting done with the rest in an updo so it was also a good chance for me to get some roll practice in. I think I finally found a technique that works for me, rather than pulling the hair out and rolling towards the direction the roll will sit like I see ladies do in many tutorials, I rolled towards the back of my head and then turned the roll inwards when I reached my scalp, so that way the taper is there on the end instead of trying to tuck it in with pins.

6721336473_a03aa98a15_z.jpg

6721310505_d269d43ea7_z.jpg

Talk about perfection - those are some amazing victory rolls! And I love the personal touches you've added to your office :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran