Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
RedHot... Thank you. Muwah!

Be_lovely... Too cute!!!

Nashoba... Thank you very much!! The hat is the photgraphers so I just grabbed it! :)

*Red*... Thank you. I can't wait until it is back down to my butt. More prenatal pills for me. :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ohairas said:
And just what is this secret spray??
Nikki

Sorry for bugging in , but I had to comment on this hairspray. It's Pantene Ice Shine! I saw the comments about it posted here and had a few words with Tayva on another forum, and I just had to try it. It does have a very strong hold (stronger than Elnett, but it also gets somewhat more stiff), it brushes out nicely and adds shine. It's quite good stuff, although I dislike the smell.

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
I tried and tried but failed on the 1940s hair rolls, the good news is that
failed hair rolls = a decent wavy do
I'll try the hair rolls again later this week.

do.jpg

Bunno

New in Town
be_lovely said:
:eek:fftopic: Is Hanzo and his sister Shiba Inu's???? I have one too named Shilo. Well, OK My husband has custody of him til I get my own place, but I LOVE HIM and miss him dearly!!!

Yay for being slaves to Shibas!
What a cute cream you have be_lovely!

Lolita - what colors are yours? P.S LOVe the hair!!

Obviously, I'm a big fan of the reds. Hopefully my next will be a black and tan though.

And now back to the hair. :)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Lolita, as always you are picture perfect!! I am taking the prenatal pills you suggested and I'm sure my hair is growing faster.

be_lovely, your son is adorable.

gluegungeisha, great photos.

ssubialdea, isn't it wonderful how a failed style gives you a new one. Lovely waves.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
LolitaHaze said:
*Red*... Thank you. I can't wait until it is back down to my butt. More prenatal pills for me. :)

Lolita, how do you get it to grow so long when you bleach it? I know most gals who bleach can't get it to grow long because of breakage.

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
I figured this was as good a place as any to ask, does anyone have any pictures with feathers in their hair? I'm working on a drawing of a character and something she's known for is wearing a feather in her hair. The character is from a Japanese comic series set in ancient times and I just thought it'd be fun to draw her and another character in 40's glam style. It may be too late too, as I've already inked her hair. I guess that's what whiteout is for. [huh]

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
Miss Neecerie said:
Ladies,

While I know we all -love- our fur kids to death, can we post pictures of them in the appropriate thread instead of this one about -our- hair.

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=13833

Exceptions would be if you curled your doggie's hair or something. ;)

Thanks for helping make things easier to find for new members.

Denise

Sorry Denise, didnt know there was some place just for that, but no more pics of Shi anymore.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase... I don't remember the smell... but I remember I loved the hold!! Yes, prenatals are a multivitimin made for pregnant women, but can be used by anyone. The best part is that they are quite cheap and over the counter!

Ssubialdea... Your hair looks great! It looks like the adverage womans hair of the 30's/40's! If my hair looked that cute short... I'd cut mine off now. :)

Bunno... :eek:fftopic: (but not with a grumpy face) Sesame red and cream!

Goldwyn Girl... Thank you so much! I am glad to see that the prenatals are working for you! Have you noticed your nails growing faster and stronger too? Those are the miracle pill in my opinion!

Kitty T... My hair is super thick, so what does break off doesn't really show. Also, I get my roots (and only my roots) touched up about once a month so even though I have 1inch roots most of the time, it gives the hair time to heal. Plus prenatal pills work like a dream!

Tamamiko... The only feathers I wear are part of my Burlesque costumes... and have an old west look to them.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Lolita, love your new photos! Stunning full length in that gown you MADE!
Too funny you grabbed the dude's hat, lol... atta girl!

GGG your new look is fascinating. Love those lips. :eusa_clap Neat dress too.

Ssubialdea you're a cutie, you will get the rolls down, just keep practicing!

Laura and all, that hairspray MUST be good stuff because Walmart is always out! I haven't gotten to try it yet!

Kitty, speaking for Lolita... as long as you're very careful just to color the regrowth, there shouldn't be much breakage. But, with all her figgin hair she can stand to have a bit of breakage and no one would ever know, lol! Some hair types are more prone than others. Lo looks like she has good strong hair.

Here's my latest... same ol' rolls but I wore a hat! I always loved Charles Dana Gibson's "The Eternal Question", so that inspried me with the ponytail.
You can see the rest of the pics here,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85469550@N00/954898205/in/set-72157600478003515/
Nikki
955571644_0e7fd78db2.jpg

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Nikki, Absolutely stunning!!! I am considering buying a ponytail so I can roll the sides and have it hanging down. Getting one light enough is proving to be a problem though.

Lolita, I was just looking at a nail I had broken a few weeks back and noticed it grew in much quicker. I have super hard nails so I don't see any difference there but they probably are harder.

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
thanks for the compliments girls. I liked the way it turned out even though I couldn't get the rolls to work. I'm going to keep trying them though.

Ohairas- amazing! what a polished do. I love the curled ponytail too, it really completes the look.

Miss1933

New in Town
Is amazing how all of you ladies do your hair, you practically don't need a "Self-Guide", and I also want to add that us ladies we have it easier than the women from those decades.. We have better tools to help us achieve certain looks and products as in the past it was just another story! You all look lovely!:eusa_clap

ShortClara

One Too Many
Well, I still cannot achieve rolls good enough to quickly put up and wear, but I think I have the Bettie Page down pat! I finally took some vintage-y pics for the first time this weekend for fun. I'm working on a website update, which is retro but not full on vintage yet, and I needed new pics. So, here are a couple.

Those of you who model this way all the time, how did I do? I'm not thinking I'm a model LOL, but I'm an actress looking to eventually take headshots in my vintage style, since I look that way often. So, these are a first run along that path, although my headshots will, obvs, be more headshoty rather than model posey.

PS - sorry if this is in the wrong place... but it is sorta about hair and I haven't seen a Vanity Vintagey Pics You Took For Fun thread :)

DSC03893_R.jpg

DSC03858_R.jpg

and a larger of my new avatar

DSC03916_R.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters