Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ShortClara

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
When I grow up (yeah.. I know I'm older) I want to be Short Clara!

Wow, I'm blushing!!!! I looked at your site for inspiration!
*making notes* gotta get me a fedora!!

Red, thanks! That one turned out really great! I saw that tree and it was just waiting for someone to sit in and pose :)

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Clara-You are such a beauty and I've always dreamed of having that haircut.Unfortunately,I am very OCD when it comes to my hair and I rarely make the grow out stage past my chin.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Clara, gorgeous pics! BWT, are you really short because you don't look it!
My, what blue eyes you have! :eek: You should post these in the Ladies of the Lounge thread in the Ob. bar!
I think I shall go more your color next time!

40's Princess you have amazing features. You remind me a bit of Liz Taylor, in her younger days!
Nikki

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Amazing pics 40sprincess and Short Clara!

I see ladies like you lookinh amazing with bangs SC, then I cut them and immediately regret it and grow them out again because miss being able to do rolls like before! But I really really love the look and you wear it so well. Love your dress too.

Nashoba

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
When I grow up (yeah.. I know I'm older) I want to be Short Clara!

Hey Lolita! When I grow up? I WANNA BE YOU!!!!!! :D

Clara: You look Fab! Nikki's right, you should post that in the Ladies of the Lounge thread....they guys'll go gaga hehehehehe

Bunno

New in Town
Clara - You look amazing! How on earth do you get those kinds of curls in your hair? I've done pin curls but they don't ever end up looking like that. What's the secret?

ShortClara

One Too Many
I'm so overwhelmed! a beauty?? Aw, c'mon! hee hee!! Thanks everyone for giving me confidence in the look/ pics!

RubyRed, I dream of having a bob, actually. But the last time I got my hair cut like that is was a rather unflattering disaster! *sigh* we always wish for the other! :)

Bunno, I use bendy hot sticks. However, I have found that starting them at the root and winding the rest of the hair around in a corkscrew works best for me. Then, I curling iron the ends if need be. It's the only way I ever get waves at the top and not just the bottom. Also, the lottabody and a redken curl setter I used just make giant frizz on my hair, so I just mousse the whole thing and dry it, then curl and they turn out much better. It takes trial and error, that's for sure!

Fleur, I have to thank you. A while back you posted that U shaped cut and I started using it and what a difference it makes! I just have a shallow one now, but I'll cut it deeper next time. I think it makes rolls a little more complex, but I'll get them eventually :)

You ladies rock! This is the nicest board I've ever been on!

40sprincess

New in Town
ohairas said:
Clara, gorgeous pics! BWT, are you really short because you don't look it!
My, what blue eyes you have! :eek: You should post these in the Ladies of the Lounge thread in the Ob. bar!
I think I shall go more your color next time!

40's Princess you have amazing features. You remind me a bit of Liz Taylor, in her younger days!
Nikki

Wow thank you! Love a bit of Liz... I am off to a 40s themed weekend... can anyone give me a hand on clothing.. but in a casual 40s way? Im going to try and do some tight victory rolls for the weekend!
It will be full of soldiers!! Yay!!!

leaette

A-List Customer
I've been WW2 reenacting for 7 years now. I'm not an expert but I know some stuff. I think the easiest and quickest way to a civilian look is a day dress, white cotton ankle socks and some oxford shoes. throw on a snood and you're ready to walk out the door.
Remember: it was almost impossible to find a steady supply of stockings during the war. I can't tell you how many original pics I have where women are wearing ankle socks or nothing.
Oh, if you have any sweatheart jewelry, wear that too :)

40sprincess

New in Town
leaette said:
I've been WW2 reenacting for 7 years now. I'm not an expert but I know some stuff. I think the easiest and quickest way to a civilian look is a day dress, white cotton ankle socks and some oxford shoes. throw on a snood and you're ready to walk out the door.
Remember: it was almost impossible to find a steady supply of stockings during the war. I can't tell you how many original pics I have where women are wearing ankle socks or nothing.
Oh, if you have any sweatheart jewelry, wear that too :)

Thank you!!!

Great help, im going to post the pics on sunday for everyone to view! yay!
xx

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
thank you thank you rubyredlocks! I highly recommend her and the Rocket Science salon in Dallas. I had a blast and learned so many tips and tricks to work with my hair. I really liked how she took everything into account with the cut too, my hair's curly and I've always been scared of layers and this turned out great for me. Here's my do from Saturday (I had it done early in the morning, and took these late afternoon so one of my rolls fell just a little from the heat, but I still love it):
newdo062.jpg

newdo059.jpg

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
ssubialdea said:
thank you thank you rubyredlocks! I highly recommend her and the Rocket Science salon in Dallas. I had a blast and learned so many tips and tricks to work with my hair. I really liked how she took everything into account with the cut too, my hair's curly and I've always been scared of layers and this turned out great for me. Here's my do from Saturday (I had it done early in the morning, and took these late afternoon so one of my rolls fell just a little from the heat, but I still love it):
newdo062.jpg

newdo059.jpg
Those glasses are awesome. They look very atomic.

lolli

New in Town
l_8aaee2d8827b90d2d02d6e8b52e3558b.jpg
This is my first attempt at reverse rolls. I have long hair in the front and short in the back so I used a bandana that's reminiscent of Rosie the Riveter. Here is an example where you can see how short my hair is in the back.
l_8fd49d56e3af54c3537133de368da90f.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
lolli said:
This is my first attempt at reverse rolls. I have long hair in the front and short in the back so I used a bandanna that's reminiscent of Rosie the Riveter. Here is an example where you can see how short my hair is in the back.

Thanks for the bandana idea! Although mine is longer than your in the back, it's still short (swingline bob at the hairline instead of way up high)in the back and long in front. I set my hair on Sunday and it looked very Donna Reed 50's, not 40's, like it did when it was long, like my avatar.

ShortClara

One Too Many
ssubialdea said:
I LOVE this!! Sometimes I think the rolls with the openings in front are a little large on the side of my head, but I adore the look of them sort of opening down towards the ears! (KNIM?)

You're adorable!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
ssubialdea said:
newdo062.jpg

newdo059.jpg
Oh,those held up fairly well for just a quick tutorial.You're such a doll!I really enjoyed meeting you and can't wait to do it again.I have to chime in about those glasses as well,they're fab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925