Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
thanks girls for all the nice compliments! I'm still learning and it was really a treat to have this done and really see it first hand. thanks again rubyred!

I have my fiance to thank for the cateyes, they were a present from a couple of christmas's ago. I hardly wear them for fear that I might screw them up but I had to pull them out for a few pics with the do.

$ally

One Too Many
You gals are just too cute!
Here is my summer do, a short vintage stacked Lucy haircut:
1055660944_9c11cab081_m.jpg

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
A 1930's bob converted into a 1940's 'do.

IMG_3471.jpg

Me near my apartment, home sweet home in Toluca Lake.

IMG_3481.jpg

Me and Bob's big boy, walking distance from my place.

IMG_3475.jpg

Me at my apartment building, accross the street is a really cool vintage complex called the Starlet, accross the street in the corner of the picture is warner bros.

Hair sadly not by me, I alas am not that talented...

ShortClara

One Too Many
NicolettaRose said:
IMG_3475.jpg

Me at my apartment building, accross the street is a really cool vintage complex called the Starlet, accross the street in the corner of the picture is warner bros.

I know where that is! very cute pic :)

lolli

New in Town
IMG_3475.jpg

Hair sadly not by me, I alas am not that talented...

Very, very cute. Love the dress! I wish I had some cute vintage dresses like that. I'm so in love with the 40's WWII era. The era represents romance in a time where there was still so much innocence. I always love listening to stories about when my grandma was in her 20's which incidentally was in the 40's. I always loved her clothing and hair. I should get some pictures of her and post them. She was so beautiful.

fernande

Vendor
vintage styles with extensions? wigs?

unfortunately for me, I tend to get "creative" with peroxide/dyes, ect- sometimes to really horrific results- you'd think the tenth time I've basically given myself a "chemical cut" with dye I'd stop, but I'm a total beauty school dropout........ my wedding photos had me looking like an Tabby CAT meets Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby- due to one of my bleach "experiments" gone terribly wrong. (thankfully I was glowing anyways!)

still growing out my hair and its proving to be laborious- trying to get it all shoulder length so I can get a middy- I can do a little pomp with my bangs and the sides are just sort of... hrm... there? any tips?

Anyone have any luck doing 40's styles with Extentions?
(like Put On Pieces? or Revlon falls?)

Also, anyone have a good NYC based hairdresser that specializes in white blondes? I had a great hairdresser, but he cost ::choke:: almost $250.00 for a dye job, and I'm currently putting all my cheddar into creative projects and can't bring myself to spend that much- (thus my wacky "experiments that always go terribly wrong)
I'm looking for someone for $150 and under. white blonde is hard. I want to look like BETTY WHITE from the golden girls. (yes really)
Burly-Q gal World Famous *Bob* told me she goes to The Beehive in brooklyn- anyone try that place?

:D

lemme know!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
"Hair sadly not by me, I alas am not that talented..."

You're adorable NicolettaRose, great pictures! Did you have your hair done at a salon or do you have a talented friend?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hi Fernande and welcome~

Look back through all these hair threads and you should find some good bang/roll info. There are pics of me wearing a few clip in hair peices.

I never thought of Betty's hair as being white but more champaigne. Her color would be hard to acheive since she is naturally grey underneath. You're right, there would be a fine line as to how yours should be bleached, then toned to that shade. What is your natural color?
Here's a few Betty pics,
Nikki
http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/42/89/0000004289_20060919221153.jpg
You can tell in this one that she is probably white grey on top and still salt and pepper underneath.
http://www.ichatgay.com/img_blog/golden_girls.jpg

fernande said:
still growing out my hair and its proving to be laborious- trying to get it all shoulder length so I can get a middy- I can do a little pomp with my bangs and the sides are just sort of... hrm... there? any tips?

Anyone have any luck doing 40's styles with Extentions?
(like Put On Pieces? or Revlon falls?)

I'm looking for someone for $150 and under. white blonde is hard. I want to look like BETTY WHITE from the golden girls. (yes really)
Burly-Q gal World Famous *Bob* told me she goes to The Beehive in brooklyn- anyone try that place?
!

fernande

Vendor
Hairdo Icon !

Thanks for the ideas- and I looked back in the posts and I found tons of great hair info- You guys rock!

I think in terms of champagne blonde Betty White 'do I'll have to take to the pros. I can't take another six months with slightly orange 2 inch long hair. (ha)

I thought I'd post a picture of my *MOM* for hair inspiration for all- She's 60
and wears her hair in rolls every day and has for 40 years. I can sometimes con her into doing mine- but only sometimes... her glamor secrets are like the holy grail...ha!

I guess now everyone can see how I got into 30s/40s culture !

mom.jpg

fernande

Vendor
thanks!!

yeah, my parents are I guess- swing kids? rockabilly? my father who is older-WAS a greaser in the 50's in southern california (and is still wearing threadbare gab shirts and two tone shoes he wore when he was a teen- and although he hardly has any hair, he still does a POMP really inspiring) and my mom was always into pinup photography/vintage- though she is younger. I was raised in this culture.

Their whole 1940's/50s aesthetic was mortifying to me as a preteen in the 80's/90s-so I responded by going really goth! (think siouxsie and the banshees haircuts and makeup)
only when I was in my mid teens, when the whole mid 90's swing/retro revival kicked in did I realise how cool they are. They even drive a 1939 Buick Roadmaster Phaeton- I'm trying to get my dad to bring it out to Viva Las Vegas car show.

here's another shot of my mom doing a variation roll style- just being her fabulous self- at a bar in the lower east side manhattan.
and another shot of mom and dad's fab hairdos
vintageparents.jpg

I guess its an inspiration to all-that even though they are older- they are still into their vintage attire and style. my mom's wearing a vintage black wiggle dress-shame she has the cardigan over it!

rolls.jpg

fernande

Vendor
wow- guys thanks for the compliments.

One day I'm going to have to show them The Fedora Lounge.
of course, since they continue to live in 1940, they don't have a computer.
haha

:)

RainEdayWoman

Familiar Face
I hate this pic of me but it is only one of the few I have taken when my hair isnt just blown straight or curly on a normal day.

P6140006.jpg
P6140005.jpg

Just goofing off with my cell cam, not really fixed just thrown up and pinned back with a flower.
bwrockabilly5.jpg

With my natural curls left on their own accord..
Picture1231.jpg

and blown out on a norm run of the mill day
greenshirt2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925