Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Pretty Faythe:

The only color enhancing conditioner/shampoo/hair product that has worked on my hair, was this color conditioner by Redken. I used two different red conditioners, they stain your hands when you put it on, although I found that if I used it the same time I shaved, the shaving cream would make it come off my hands..LOL! Unfortunately, I don't think they make it anymore, although Ohairas might know, she is up to date on Redken stuff..;)

Most of the "color enhacing" products I've tried feel like crap on my hair, and I prefer to use moisturizing shampoos and conditioners and not shampoo my hair alot. Also, because of the fading, I like to use the L'Oreal Color Pulse Temporary Mousse colors...I really really love those things. Super easy and you get vibrancy in a flash that lasts until your next coloring.

Some people may have different/better experiences than I.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
Also note that I have super thick hair and I often wear curlers in my hair for a day and a half to two days. Sleeping in them sometimes two nights in a row.

The rods I use are about 3/4 inch in diameter. I think I want to go one size smaller so I can create tighter curls.

Oh man, that is a good way to roll, I can't believe I haven't thought of trying that one yet. I have super thick hair as well, so I was wondering.. do you roll it wet or dry? or just damp?

Looks beautiful!!!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
While I can do dry and get a nice curl, I like to set it damp for extra curl. If your hair is short(er) you won't need to wear the rods in your hair that long because you won't have to fight against the weight of your own hair. I am wearing rods I put in my hair last night and I don't think I let my hair dry enough first! Oy!:eusa_doh:

~*Red*~ said:
Oh man, that is a good way to roll, I can't believe I haven't thought of trying that one yet. I have super thick hair as well, so I was wondering.. do you roll it wet or dry? or just damp?

Looks beautiful!!!

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I HAVE PICTURES!

I used Lolita's 'Rita Hayworth' tutorial. It worked great, thanks! I used a regular set of hot rollers. I used the smaller ones near my face and the larger ones in the back. Sorry the quality of the picture isn't great.
RitaHayworth.jpg

YEAH! PICTURES! :D

The other picture is from a unannounced house party. People were coming over so I just did one quick roll. I didn't have time for much. I didn't even have wax, pomade, or spray so the fly-aways were crazy.
P1150831.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Faythe I wanna see your new color!! I like your insomnia pics, lol!
I'm with Red, these products usually leave my hair feeling gunky. I've not tried the shampoos on myself tho. I usually feel too lazy to get my hands stained up with the mess.
If they still make it, you can look for Redken ShadesEQ shampoo in bonfire. I *think* they have a newer line out but I've never really checked it out.
I had a client using a color shampoo from Walmart and it looked good.... can't think of the guy's name, but it's a guy, and the bottle of stuff comes in a clear plastic box if I remember right!
Just be sure your shampoo doesn't contain chamomile, and use a sulfate free one if possible.

Marie your hair looks great!
DrMags, yours does too. If you feel your hair is too fine, opt for the rats.
Boom you look lovely in your prom frock!
Nikki

zaika

One Too Many
my first attempt at curling hair. i failed miserably at pin curls on my own hair, but my friend humoured me and let me play with her ridiculously long and beautiful hair. i didn't do much except curl it w/ a marcel iron and then roll the sides up. it's sloppy!! but my friend is so purty that it came out really cute!

1145140529_da0112d613.jpg

and such pretty makeup!

1145982606_d0a258dc1f.jpg

about pin curls...what do you ladies use to keep the curl in? and how does the actual curl get curled? i tried using my finger...but maybe i was curling it too tightly but when i pulled out my finger the curl followed. i guess i could actually go back and read more of the threads!! sorry. :eek:

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I'm having a terrable time getting a pic of my hair actually showing the new color, its just looking brownish. The color is used is garniers intense auburn. I love it!!! Best red shade I've had yet, and I've been doing red shades off an on since I was a fresman in high school, so whats that.......'89.
Photodye.jpg

my myspace photo
reddish1.jpg

trying to get a pic outside to show, my friend said it looks like aliens are landind lol
this was the same day, see the dye still on my head lol

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
It looks great Faythe! I have the same problem, I feel like mine looks totally brown in photos. Your hair is really getting long, I bet you're excited!
Also, your hair *might* not take as bright of red next time if you use the same color, since you went over a medium blonde shade this time it will be more intense.

Red, I bought that Loreal Color Pulse you reccomended, found it at Walmart. I just colored my hair, but this will be great for a pick me up when I am going somewhere special and don't want to do my roots just yet, thanks!

Nikki

pretty faythe said:
I'm having a terrable time getting a pic of my hair actually showing the new color, its just looking brownish. The color is used is garniers intense auburn. I love it!!! Best red shade I've had yet, and I've been doing red shades off an on since I was a fresman in high school, so whats that.......'89.
Photodye.jpg

my myspace photo
reddish1.jpg

trying to get a pic outside to show, my friend said it looks like aliens are landind lol
this was the same day, see the dye still on my head lol

leaette

A-List Customer
drmags: i have thin hair too and the KEY to rolls with thin hair is pin curls. makes a HUGE difference. if you don't have time to do pincurls, i use hotsticks. they help too, but pincurls are the best.

ScarlettTurner

New in Town
Very fetching. I was on youtube last night, and there are several good hairstyling videos there. They even had one on how to make a Gibson girl hairstyle, which I am partial to.

zaika

One Too Many
Huzzah!!! My first try!

This here is my first try at curls! I used sponge curlers because I just don't get how to do pin curls. I really like how the back turned out...but I totally ruined the front. It was really really frizzy and tight, so I took a wet brush (I only used styling cream to set...no setting lotion...stupid!) to it...and the curl was gone. :( I made do, though. You can't really see it well w/ the camera phone picture...but I'll upload better ones tonight.
I'm still really excited about how it turned out!

1183621225_21868f6c6f.jpg

1184499968_68f91266b6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925