Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
I hardly never wear my hair down because I'm having such a hard time to get it to hold a curl properly, but I cut a few inches off it yesterday and had my pin curls in from about 4pm yesterday until 7am this morning, so they've lasted well for the day at least! I've cut some sort of middy myself, but not bothered to measure the layers, they're just done off the cuff!

me3.jpg

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
Pin Curls, sorta

Rolled the front and sides in pin curls last night (it took forever to get them right), and then sponge rollers on the back. I didn't do any brushing this morning though - I used my fingers to loosen the kinks and then a wooden comb and a little patience to comb it out - worked much better as far as frizz control. The front was doing that thing I hate again (I forgot to part on the opposite side like I'd talked about), and with some repeated moving it around, it sort of fell into this curl on my forehead and I decided to leave it. The weird thing is I rolled my pin curls away from my face. You can see the whole thing is turned toward my face...what gives?

The pose is like this because I was trying to take this without any windows or bright lights behind me. My phone camera would blacken the darks and blow out the lights every time I got a window in the background. The front and sides I'm ok with, the back looks terrible. Ugh. But I'm going to consider it a success.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer

That looks really nice!! I did get a non-static comb from a friend who's a hairdresser so I must try and use it! I love how polished and "tight" that looks (for want of a better word!). I know what you mean about that forward curl, I get that too. Do you roll it up and back, if that makes sense? Then I suppose that curl is the way it's rolled? For me it would be that way, but maybe you do it differently... I can't think of how to do it any other way, I'm not sure what would happen if you rolled it the other way, i.e. forward and under... ?

when I first saw your picture though, I thought wow what a cute curl! I thought you'd done it on purpose! So I wouldn't worry :)

Last edited:

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
LinaSofia, I think your hair looks lovely down too. Those curls are amazing :)

Thank you rue!! aw they're hardly amazing! I always think my hair just looks like it's been curled whereas your hair looks unmistakably vintage! but it's probably a combination of the cut and the way I do my pin curls randomly all over!! :D

Tatum

Practically Family
I hardly never wear my hair down because I'm having such a hard time to get it to hold a curl properly, but I cut a few inches off it yesterday and had my pin curls in from about 4pm yesterday until 7am this morning, so they've lasted well for the day at least! I've cut some sort of middy myself, but not bothered to measure the layers, they're just done off the cuff!

me3.jpg

Adorable! I love the curls :)

Rolled the front and sides in pin curls last night (it took forever to get them right), and then sponge rollers on the back. I didn't do any brushing this morning though - I used my fingers to loosen the kinks and then a wooden comb and a little patience to comb it out - worked much better as far as frizz control. The front was doing that thing I hate again (I forgot to part on the opposite side like I'd talked about), and with some repeated moving it around, it sort of fell into this curl on my forehead and I decided to leave it. The weird thing is I rolled my pin curls away from my face. You can see the whole thing is turned toward my face...what gives?

The pose is like this because I was trying to take this without any windows or bright lights behind me. My phone camera would blacken the darks and blow out the lights every time I got a window in the background. The front and sides I'm ok with, the back looks terrible. Ugh. But I'm going to consider it a success.

I think it looks great, I love that roll at the front!

Melissa Collett

New in Town
Thank you for the warm welcome ladies. It's once big roll, and it was the first time I wore my hair like that. I wore it that way this week when I went to coach my cheerleading team and got so many compliments.

LinaSofia, your curls are beautiful! I'm glad you got some time in them.

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Snapshot_20110130.jpg
[/QUOTE]

wowee!! you look amazing. Really nice curls! And this is the second day? That's awesome! My hair is pin straight the second day if I don't sleep on pin curls!

crwritt

One Too Many
I did sleep on pin curls but really large ones not lots of little ones and I wrapped them in a scarf otherwise it would have been dead straight.

How long does it take for your set to dry with the bonnet dryer?
Do you do it from totally wet?
I'm asking because mine usually tales about 15 minutes with my
dryer, but that's a "Deva" set, just scrunching in gel on naturally curly
hair, no rollers.

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
Land-O-LakesGal those curls are gorgeous! I'm so jealous.

I got really inspired by this picture last night:
BlondellMirror.jpg

My waves could use a bit of work, but i thought it was cute nonetheless!
023-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot