Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

nosferaturoams

Familiar Face
SheBear you're so cute and your hair is amazing. I really wish I could pull off hair that short.
m_lovesartdeco you look very chic I'm envious.
Antje you're beautiful as always.

Normally I'm too lazy to set my hair everyday but I've gotten faster at sponge rollers and I only pincurled the top half of my hair so, I think I'll be using this as an everyday set :)

utf-8BbXVuY2hfMjAxMV8wNl8xMl8xNjE3MTAuanBn.jpg

Sorry about lack of makeup(besides eyeliner) I was in a rush today and needed to finish dressing :p
utf-8BSU1HMDI4NjItMjAxMTA2MTItMTEzNC5qcGc.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
I used the band technique that was posted over on the hair tutorials thread and love it. I can totally see wearing it wrapped around the band with a flower one day, sleeping in it, then with curls the next!

DSCN3901.jpg

DSCN3909.jpg

swinggal

One Too Many
Photoon2011-06-10at21375.jpg

I'm amazed at the versatility of the my new style actually. I can part it in the middle, to the side, finger wave it all over, pin-curl it and do classic short curled/waved bob of the mid 30s, have a straight fringe (bangs for US buddies), push the fringe across. Who would have thought! Just comes from investigating old photos of women with bobs at the time over the years.

I've gone from from being 40s style girl from 1999 to an early 30s girl in the last 4 years. I think I prefer the distinct vintage look the bob always gives (whether it's waved or straight and I can do both with this cut) but many of my non-vintage loving female friends have said they couldn't be so bold with their hair style choice.

Clabbergirl

One of the Regulars
I used the band technique that was posted over on the hair tutorials thread and love it. I can totally see wearing it wrapped around the band with a flower one day, sleeping in it, then with curls the next!

Left a comment about this on the other thread. Thank you so much for sharing this! Now I'm going to HAVE to try it.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Photoon2011-06-10at21375.jpg

I'm amazed at the versatility of the my new style actually. I can part it in the middle, to the side, finger wave it all over, pin-curl it and do classic short curled/waved bob of the mid 30s, have a straight fringe (bangs for US buddies), push the fringe across. Who would have thought! Just comes from investigating old photos of women with bobs at the time over the years.

I've gone from from being 40s style girl from 1999 to an early 30s girl in the last 4 years. I think I prefer the distinct vintage look the bob always gives (whether it's waved or straight and I can do both with this cut) but many of my non-vintage loving female friends have said they couldn't be so bold with their hair style choice.

You wear a bob so well! I tried that style but I don't have the facial structure to pull it off really. You look lovely :)

swinggal

One Too Many
You wear a bob so well! I tried that style but I don't have the facial structure to pull it off really. You look lovely :)

I hope it looks ok. I worry about not being feminine enough looking sometimes with shorter hair.

I think different length bobs work well with any face shape, which is why they were so popular and sported by almost all women in the 20s and 30s. Some women still had long hair but they wore it in a waved fake-bob style to keep up to date with fashion, wearing the hair over their ears and in a bun or rolled at the back. It's rare to see women with hair below the shoulder until later in the 30s.

SheBear74

Practically Family
Swinggal, your hair looks very beautiful and yes feminine!

nosferaturoams, yours hair looks lovely!

Crwritt, love how your hair turned out, I looked at the video for those rollers. Those are pretty cool, glad they worked out so well!

Thanks for the compliments ladies! I bought some bigger bands yesterday at Sally's so I am going to set it today and wear it as the style then sleep in it tonight. The other thing I loved about the curls was that I was able to have the windows down in the car and even the wind didn't really mess up the style. ;)

Put my hair in the band today.
DSCN3914.jpg

DSCN3913.jpg

Last edited:

angeljenny

A-List Customer
I tried the band thing yesterday and woke up this morning with spiral curls! Well, apart from one irritatingly straight bit at the back. The curls have lasted all day and only took about 20 minutes total to set and style. Bendy rollers take me 40 minutes just to put them in!

So glad I watched that video as I love my hair curly but don't have time to use rollers every day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner