Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ShortClara

One Too Many
Bunno said:
Any tips for the bangs? I'm due to trim them up and wanted to incorporate anything to make them a little more Betty.

Thanks!
-Bunno
Very cute! I have bangs, too, and to get the Bettie Page I have them cut in a slight U - longer in the front and shorter on the sides. Then, when I curl them under, they are the perfect Bettie Page curvy wedge thing. Looks like yours are blunt - which is cute, too. All depends on the look you want. And heck, I trim mine differently every time :)

Bunno

New in Town
Thanks ladies, you've made it a little easier to sit up in my chair at work and not worry that I look like an idiot! One of the girls said "you look like one of those pin-up girls" and I beamed for a good 20 minutes.

I'll definitely cut my bangs in more of a "U" shape and see how that goes for curling them. I need a smaller curling iron!

Off topic:

:) That's my boy Hanzo when he was about 10 weeks old. Here he is (on the right) with his "sister" Yuri after making a mess of the living room. They just turned 2 years old last month. I adore having two dogs in the house. (Just a link as to not fully threadjack this! )

http://www.angelspit.org/yuri/wp-content/Puppos/IMG_1446.JPG

And now back to the hair!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Nashoba said:
Ok so it isn't platinum but for someone who's been as dark haired as I've been all my life (see my avitar!) it's pretty danged blonde. It's photographing darker than it actually is, it's a bit lighter ash than this with more caramelly highlights, but you get a bit of an idea. It is a bit blonder in person, but holy smokes. I'm still in a bit of a shock state. I can't believe I actually had my stylist do it! When I asked her how she felt about me being a blonde I thought she was going to go giddy on me. My husband is going to freak (but in a good way I think...) It's in a completely non vintage style today since she didn't have time to fix it up but what do y'all think????

me1.JPG

me2.JPG

I kept meaning to post on this earlier...Nashoba-I think you are so pretty, and your hair is just lovely. Blond certainly suits you very well! :D :D

~*Red*~

Practically Family
I bought these heated rag rollers yesterday, and I really love them! It took no time at all to roll and was much faster than my usual pin-curl-via-curling-iron method. I pulled one side up and fastened with a comb and stuck a flower to hide the comb. The other side I left down..The curls stayed all night through dancing in a humid sweaty room and they are even still here this morning! Yay!!! Here is a pic of either side.

100_3902.jpg

100_3901.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Red you look fantastic, what a doll! Are those rollers by Remington? I tried the conair sticks and they didn't work for me.. the the remingtons look different.

What color do you have on your hair.. are you a natural blonde? I can never get mine red enough, mainly because I don't want to use 30 or 40 vol. on my hair. Right now I'm using Pravana 7.45, and variations of that.
Nikki

Nashoba

One Too Many
Bunno: I just want to cuddle them! They're so stinkin cute!

RedHot: Thanks! It really is way blonder in person. I'm hoping that when the hubby comes home and some good pictures get taken I'll have something way nicer to post :)

Red: You are just way adorable!

Pink: I hope you had fun! You look like a knock out!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Red you look fantastic, what a doll! Are those rollers by Remington? I tried the conair sticks and they didn't work for me.. the the remingtons look different.

What color do you have on your hair.. are you a natural blonde? I can never get mine red enough, mainly because I don't want to use 30 or 40 vol. on my hair. Right now I'm using Pravana 7.45, and variations of that.
Nikki

Thanks Nikki!

Yes they are by Remington! In the pink and black carry case.. It's super handy and travel ready! I couldn't find any hot sticks and didn't have time to wait for shipping on ebay, so I figured I'd give these a go, and I am very pleased with them.

Right now I am actually using Garnier "Hot Tamale" but I dump the developer they give me and replace with Clairol 40 volume creme.. their new gold version. I've used many different brands of red, and I usually do a 7RR or something of the equivalent, and I used to use 30 volume developer. But I realized I had to go to 40 to get the look I want. I'm a level 2 brunette naturally. The layers on top are a bit lighter now because I had to strip the previous red from hair. I foolishly used a liquid version of the red color I usually used in creme and it had more violet in it, so it made it like the color in my avatar. But I prefer the brighter reds. Between colorings I like to use temporary colors to make it more vivid..and I can go more of a true red or an orange red, depending on my mood. ;)

I haven't seen Pravana around here, but I'm not up to date on the latest hair color companies either. Where do you get it?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Goin' out tonite.

Don't know how vintage this is but I like it. :D

Side view:
l_1d56ef5ebb2a2b589f462570251d6502.jpg

Front (please ignore my washed out face):
l_3a061590f53f5a4d1c241e5c9e20941d.jpg

Pink your rolls look mighty pretty! How did you do the back? I like the curlies! and are those gardenia clips?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Thanks Nashoba! I'm looking forward to seeing your pretty blond locks all done up! I bet they are going to look super cute!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
and replace with Clairol 40 volume creme..

I knew it Red.. (stamps feet)... I am just not read for high volume peroxide. My hair breaks off easily and gets more curly when I do. I'll just wait for more grey to come in, rofl!! Lot's of people use that Hot Tamale. Great shade!

I believe Pravana is a newer line from CA. http://www.pravana.com/v2/home.php
I really like it. I was using Redken, which I still use Shades. Pravana has a zero lift developer that I love too. I get mine from State Beauty Supply.

PINK, lovely do, you looked fantastic! Glad you had fun!

I'll have to load some recent pics. Went to a train museum with our son yesterday, got some cute shots. Everyone looked at me like I was nuts.. wearing a dress and flower in my hair. Oh well!
Nikki

~*Red*~

Practically Family
ha ha.. I know it Nikki..I had to go to 40.. I'm lucky enough that my hair holds up rather well for it.. But I can only use it on my new growth. SO far my method of lately is working out best.

Too funny about waiting for your hair to go grey, I remember this one little lady in beauty school and she had her hair fire red, and I thought to myself, "at least when I get older it will be easier to be red..." ha ha!!

I will have to check out that Pravana line! Thanks for the tip!
Redken's Shades are great!! I used to use them alot!

I can't wait to see the recent pics!

Nashoba

One Too Many
As you wish Red :) Here's how I had my hair today for church. It ended up being a tad fancier than I had intended but oh well. What I had tried to do didn't work right, my hair is longer on top than I thought it was so this is what I ended up with!
jen722.JPG

Edit: Ugh just noticed my collar is all messed up....should have checked that before I had my neighbor snap the pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183