Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
Lauren said:
Thank you! My hair is about to my underarm and is fine but there's a lot of it. Makes setting it a pain in the butt! lol
Dang,
my hair use to be that long, but alass i become curious with layering and cutting, so I got it chopped up.
but now I regret it bc I dont have enough to do such wonderful things to it.
D: never cut you hair, it lookes wonderful:eusa_clap

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hehe! Thanks! I actually chop it all off about once a year, but I don't know if I'm going to do it this year! I love to do the 30's short styles, but now I can't :( Ah well... maybe I'll buy a good wig ;)

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
Lauren said:
Hehe! Thanks! I actually chop it all off about once a year, but I don't know if I'm going to do it this year! I love to do the 30's short styles, but now I can't :( Ah well... maybe I'll buy a good wig ;)
lol oh goodness
lol well i think hair can look good either way you do it if you know how to perfourm the tasks

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Old photo, but I figured I'd post it anyway. This photo basically demonstrates what I love about the two-toned hair :)

258664028_l.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I love your hair Kitty, I remember that pic! It is awesome.
Hmm... thinking of all the color combos. Red with strawberry blonde would be pretty! Or natural red like BadMama's with platinum blonde. (Like a dreamcicle, lol!) Black with red, chocolate and caramel...

Horizontal stripes could be done "all over".. but probably just the out layer of the hair, best on one length, and the bands would have to be wider. Doing the entire head *could* be done but your hair would always have to lay the same for it to show correctly. Otherwise it would look like a huge mess.

Lauren your hair looks gorgeous. I need to make some bows!
Nikki

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
ohairas said:
I love your hair Kitty, I remember that pic! It is awesome.
Hmm... thinking of all the color combos. Red with strawberry blonde would be pretty! Or natural red like BadMama's with platinum blonde. (Like a dreamcicle, lol!) Black with red, chocolate and caramel...

Nikki

I can't believe the hair do thread is making me hungry lol lol lol

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Playing with wave clips

I played around a bit with wave clips a bit to see if I could define my waves a bit more.

I brushed out my set until the curl had relaxed into a wave, then placed the wave clips where the curl had developed, hairsprayed and let it sit for a bit. After I took them out, I lightly brushed with my boars hair brush.

It did improve the definition of the wave.

What do you think?

img009.jpg

Honey Doll

Nashoba

One Too Many
Wow. Honey that looks really good. Mine just won't do that. Maybe I'll have to go hunt down some wave clips and give it a try. I'd like to do a little more of a wave at the front of where I clip the right side of my hair back (my daily style has the left side in a roll and the right held back with a comb or a clip) I never thought of using them after I set my hair.

I forget sometimes that there really aren't rules to doing stuff. I get scared to experiment in pretty much anything...but I suppose the worst that happens it doesn't work right?

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
KittyT said:
Old photo, but I figured I'd post it anyway. This photo basically demonstrates what I love about the two-toned hair :)

258664028_l.jpg
:( i want hair like that, but with bloned and burgondy red. i have no clue how to do that, ive been meaning to ask my hair stylist something asbout that, but im mentaslly ill when it comes to doing curls and waves in my hair. but i want to do that to my hair really badly please give me some steps to witch i can do that D:
pretty please?, instead of those old pictures of cartooned women with curlers in thier hair. :) ?please:eusa_clap and i must say i absolutly love you kitty.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ok girls, you are doing wonders with the clips! Like Nashoba, I suppose I'll have to give it a whirl!

Boombebe, the two town is very easy to achieve. Just take a pic into your stylist. Go back thru this thread and the sticky threads http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=16963 and you'll find all kinds of great info on how to do the rolls, including videos. Best wishes!
Bartenders, could we possibly alter the title of that sticky to include Hair Instruction or something so people know?

Nikki

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
BOOMBEBE said:
:( i want hair like that, but with bloned and burgondy red. i have no clue how to do that, ive been meaning to ask my hair stylist something asbout that,

Just take in a pic. Just the top layer is bleached out. My stylist wanted to layer it in more. Instead, I made her do the color along straight part lines. This is a good idea because 1) I touch it up at home and need to be able to part it myself and 2) It's a good idea to separate the colors for washing, so that the darker color doesn't bleed into the blond. It needs to be easy, so she sectioned off a diamond-shaped area on the top to bleach out.

Warning: This is a high maintenance dye job. It does not grow out well and requires frequent touchups. I do mine at home because I'm cheap.

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
KittyT said:
Just take in a pic. Just the top layer is bleached out. My stylist wanted to layer it in more. Instead, I made her do the color along straight part lines. This is a good idea because 1) I touch it up at home and need to be able to part it myself and 2) It's a good idea to separate the colors for washing, so that the darker color doesn't bleed into the blond. It needs to be easy, so she sectioned off a diamond-shaped area on the top to bleach out.

Warning: This is a high maintenance dye job. It does not grow out well and requires frequent touchups. I do mine at home because I'm cheap.
lol i wasnt talking about the dyeing, but the curls, im too afriad of dying my hair 2 colors bc of my roots grow out really fast im already having to touch up my hair alot, plus im always doing stuff so i barely have the time to touch up my hair as it is :p
:C but yeah the way you curl your hair like that, last night i attempted to do that with my hair but i failed miserably :p

this is my kitty :D
DSC_0130.jpg
:D

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
BOOMBEBE said:
:C but yeah the way you curl your hair like that, last night i attempted to do that with my hair but i failed miserably :p

well like Ohairas said, check out the stickies in the Beauty forum and use the search function to search for terms like "rollers", "pincurls", etc. Pretty much all the info you need should already be here!

this is my kitty :D
DSC_0130.jpg
:D

:eek:fftopic: adorable!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
BOOMBEBE said:
:( i want hair like that, but with bloned and burgondy red. i have no clue how to do that,

i wasnt talking about the dyeing, but the curls, im too afriad of dying my hair 2 colors
Boombebe, you're confusin' us girl! I thought you wanted the color!

Nikki

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
ohairas said:
Boombebe, you're confusin' us girl! I thought you wanted the color!

Nikki
Oh dear I'm sorry haha, I get carried away in my head where I think about one thing and then another thought comes out as well, I was first talking about how I dont know how to do the pin curls and stuff, then I started talking about the color sceames that might look good. even thought I was really trying to talk about the curls , oh dear im so embaressed.:eek: :( goodness.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
BOOMBEBE said:
Oh dear I'm sorry haha, I get carried away in my head where I think about one thing and then another thought comes out as well, I was first talking about how I dont know how to do the pin curls and stuff, then I started talking about the color sceames that might look good. even thought I was really trying to talk about the curls , oh dear im so embaressed.:eek: :( goodness.

It's OK! Just slow down (and proofread) before you post :)

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
KittyT said:
It's OK! Just slow down (and proofread) before you post :)
Yes I shall do that from now on. :p It's just early. I'm also in school right now. So pleanty of things are on my mind; when it comes to hair do-hickys , makeup, and beauty tips I get rather excited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy