Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
BOOMBEBE said:
:eusa_clap my goodness ive been trying to do thast with my hair for weeks. i gave up bc i had no freaking clue as to how i would go about doing such a thing to my hair with no help. please give me yer secrets! :D

Check out the thread at http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=16963 for lots of hair links and a how-to for reverse rolls.

There is also a thread on victory rolls at http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=19528 and probably some info in the 1940s hairstyle thread as well, http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4216

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
100_2508.jpg

its nothing really special , this is an old picture when i just cut my bangs. i havent learn anything new to do with my hair, but thats why im here in the first place i suppose. teach my your beauty ways!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
You
are
a
doll!
Welcome to the lounge Boombebe! Just wade through all of our hair posts and you'll be a pro before you know it!
What color do you have on your hair? It's PERFECT.
Nikki

Nashoba

One Too Many
BOOMBEBE said:
its nothing really special , this is an old picture when i just cut my bangs. i havent learn anything new to do with my hair, but thats why im here in the first place i suppose. teach my your beauty ways!

Hey I have that blouse!! I have it in green too. Does yours kind of fade at the top and then get darker right below the shoulder line? Both of mine do and I can't figure out if it's the shirt or I got two odd ones with fading...
Love that haircolor too! I can't get away with red like that. My complexion is too dark.

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
Nashoba said:
Hey I have that blouse!! I have it in green too. Does yours kind of fade at the top and then get darker right below the shoulder line? Both of mine do and I can't figure out if it's the shirt or I got two odd ones with fading...
Love that haircolor too! I can't get away with red like that. My complexion is too dark.
i think you could , and beside pale skin is beautiful, most asain people try so hard to saty out of the sun to get thier skin milky white, thats why they wear those pointy hats:eek:fftopic: ... haha ok back on topic. i think you could pull off a burgondy brwon red very nicely, and pluss it makes most colors in your outfit stand out more.

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
ohairas said:
You
are
a
doll!
Welcome to the lounge Boombebe! Just wade through all of our hair posts and you'll be a pro before you know it!
What color do you have on your hair? It's PERFECT.
Nikki
i have i think a burgondy red, or it might have been brighter. my hair is naturally red, blonde, and brown. but then in the winter it turns dark nut brown, but most of the time in the summer it gets dryed out bc i go swimming alot so my blonde hairs look like gray hairs although im only 18, haha.
but that was totallt:eek:fftopic: . :p im beginging to take a liking to that face.:)

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
KittyT said:
Check out the thread at http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=16963 for lots of hair links and a how-to for reverse rolls.

There is also a thread on victory rolls at http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=19528 and probably some info in the 1940s hairstyle thread as well, http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4216
thanks kitty, ill have to go shopping for some different hair curlers. i only have so many, but my hair is rather long. but do you know of anything that i could do to make me hair thicker, or rather bigger? bc i have thinish hair:(

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ahh Boombebe.. you do have a rather light natural color, that's why your red looks so great! My natural color is darker than yours.
The stripes look awesome. I wish I had some clients that wanted me to do some fun stuff like that!

Lil MissA, you look adorbale, the hair is perfect!
Nikki

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
ohairas said:
Ahh Boombebe.. you do have a rather light natural color, that's why your red looks so great! My natural color is darker than yours.
The stripes look awesome. I wish I had some clients that wanted me to do some fun stuff like that!

Lil MissA, you look adorbale, the hair is perfect!
Nikki
well i rather have it stay darker then this, it fades and then i get dark brown stripes in with the red, (and my roots grown in fast) so its somewhat of a hassle to keep it red, but i cant stop :p

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
i wonder, is it possible to put stripes all around your hair? i suppose that you would have to have an exstreamly satisfying peminant stubron part, but what would that look like? goodness ill have to draw or paint a picture and show us all. IMAGENATION :D

Nashoba

One Too Many
lol. I don't have very pale skin though :) My skin tone is very olive and tans fairly dark in the summer. It's the Italian and Native American fighting with the Irish and Eastern European :). I have an appt with my hair stylist next week....maybe I'll see what she thinks about a little more red...

BOOMBEBE said:
i think you could , and beside pale skin is beautiful, most asain people try so hard to saty out of the sun to get thier skin milky white, thats why they wear those pointy hats:eek:fftopic: ... haha ok back on topic. i think you could pull off a burgondy brwon red very nicely, and pluss it makes most colors in your outfit stand out more.

thebadmamajama

Practically Family
Fingerwaves!

Okay, I had no makeup on (hence the "hiding") and didn't actually style the ends, but here's attempt number one. I'll post a better picture when I've got the whole makeup/outfit thing going on WITH the hair. :D

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
Nashoba said:
lol. I don't have very pale skin though :) My skin tone is very olive and tans fairly dark in the summer. It's the Italian and Native American fighting with the Irish and Eastern European :). I have an appt with my hair stylist next week....maybe I'll see what she thinks about a little more red...
oh well my skin dose that as well, because of the greek in me but you know what the red and the olive tan is really exotic in an interesting way, so it works out well.....well i think it dose but its wonderful. i say go for it :D

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Here's a few of me...
hair.jpg

hair2.jpg

Me making a stupid face, but it's the only decent one of the front I have
hair3.jpg

And fingerwaves pulled back in a bun with a ribbon headband for easier 30's... we were supposed to be depression era, so I didn't care that it was kinda messy.

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
Lauren said:
Here's a few of me...
hair.jpg

hair2.jpg

Me making a stupid face, but it's the only decent one of the front I have
hair3.jpg

And fingerwaves pulled back in a bun with a ribbon headband for easier 30's... we were supposed to be depression era, so I didn't care that it was kinda messy.
this is simply adorable i lovett! how long and thick is your hair?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto