Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Here's my do from the 4th. I did a diagonal part in back so I wouldn't have a "skin" line down the center for pig tails, which I didn't get even and didn't have time to change. Also these pics were taken later in the day, curls pooped out, etc.
Vintage dress~ shoes from the bay. Earrings were my great Aunt's. I love Independence Day!
Nikki (grr.. why do these sometimes show up and sometimes not! I load them the same way each time....)

Since you're gonna have to click on the links, remember to click the bottom righthand corner of the pic to enlarge it! Sorry girls! Guess I'll go back to photobucket!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1093/739661700_ddebd08066_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1174/739661560_26b85bc56d.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1415/739661664_0258b2e213_m.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1374/739661674_c917d76869.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
BonnieJean said:
Today, I got a more finger wave look with my sticks--
hair.JPG

Wow Bonnie! That looks really good!!! :eusa_clap I wish I could use those hot sticks. I had some once, and for the life of me can't roll my hair on those things. My hair is so thick and stick straight.. think of a paint brush.. that's my hair. :rolleyes: ha ha! But I love how yours came out!!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bonnie as usual you look great! Hotsticks really do give a great curl. I love them!

Nikki, you are such a doll! Your entire outfit is great, and your hair came out wonderful! You are a pinup!!

~*Red*~ said:
Wow Bonnie! That looks really good!!! :eusa_clap I wish I could use those hot sticks. I had some once, and for the life of me can't roll my hair on those things. My hair is so thick and stick straight.. think of a paint brush.. that's my hair. :rolleyes: ha ha! But I love how yours came out!!

Welcome to The Lounge Red! I too have thick hair that is stick straight. At first I found hotsticks a bit difficult to use, but with time and practice I got used to them. I use a light misting of setting lotion before I roll my hair, this helps the hair stay in place while I'm rolling it, prevents it from sliding right off. The heat from the sticks will usually quickly dry the dampness from the setting lotion. Also end papers work really well too at keeping the hair in place. Another thing you can do, and this is a bit hard to say in words but I'll give it a try, take the piece of hair that is to be rolled, place the hotstick halfway up, wrap the bottom half of the hair around the stick, and then once thats completely wrapped, just roll upward until the rest of the hair is around the stick. If this makes any sense, it is an easy way to get your hair to stay in place. I hope you find some of this helpful. Just keep trying different ways, you're bound to find one way that works for you...

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Thanks for the tips Daisy! I do know what you mean about going halfway up. I was thinking about giving them a try again now that my hair is longer. End papers are a great help when rolling wet, and I'm curious that the hair doesn't "fry" even if lightly damp on a "hot" hot stick. I've never tried that before. But after seeing Bonnie's beautiful wave, I'm very motivated to try again! ;)

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Daisy's suggestion on how to roll up the hot sticks is the way I usually roll my hair with the hot sticks. I like how it gives a wave halfway up the hair and my ends aren't directly touching the hot stick and saves on "fried" hair. You have to play around with the amount of hair that you roll up per stick as, for me, less hair makes it more wavy, and more hair gives it a more 30-ish look. I had hot sticks years ago when they first came out and never liked how they curled my hair, but now that I've been working with them for a while I can't live without them! I guess practice makes perfect!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
*blush*, thanks! :eek:fftopic: This flag was saved by my FIL who worked for the state highway, it was an old flag that hung at a rest area. Hubby and I had fun with it, ;)

You look adorable in your new avy Goldwyn, can we see a larger veiw?
Nikki

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
ohairas said:
*blush*, thanks! :eek:fftopic: This flag was saved by my FIL who worked for the state highway, it was an old flag that hung at a rest area. Hubby and I had fun with it, ;)

You look adorable in your new avy Goldwyn, can we see a larger veiw?
Nikki

Thank you Nikki :) Did you take other photos with the flag I would love to see.
And me being me lol I'm always happy to oblige with a photo. You'll notice I'm wearing "our' blouse.

000_1577-1.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
You look SO adorable!! I think you look much better in that blouse than I do. I need to stuff my bra, lol.. and I was wearing a padded one! :eek:

Yes, I have some other goofy flag pics, I'll have to load the rest.
Nikki

DrMags

New in Town
first pincurls/hair roll attempt

this was the second day of wear so i decided to bunch the bottom curls into a high ponytail

hairrolls.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Looks like you stepped right outta the forties to me Doc! ;) Welcome to the lounge!
Nikki

DrMags said:
first pincurls/hair roll attempt

this was the second day of wear so i decided to bunch the bottom curls into a high ponytail
QUOTE]

DrMags

New in Town
Thanks Nikki!

I was surprised how elegant the hair rolls looked (and curled ponytail) with my white pharmacists jacket today at work.. :)

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I've not been doing much to my hair lately, kinda hard to do anything other than one or two pony tails when you have a cow head bonnet on over your hair. :p And with the weather being so dreadfully hot I've been too lazy, I admit.
Last night I set my hair before bed, in the morning I did the little pomp-rolls.
So, this is how my hair looked. I should have taken a pic in the morning, so this is hours later after being affected by 110 degree weather without air conditioner in the car (I really need to get that fixed!)
I had it twisted up for a bit before I let it back down, right now my hair grazes the top of my shoulders when wet, Yeah!!! Then it dries and it flips up, booo!! Stupid body, lol.

Photo0173.jpg

Photo0172.jpg

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
ShooShooBaby said:
:eek:fftopic: beaucaillou, are you the stunning gal in the pumps and beret i saw on the 12 bus monday? (i'm from portland too!)

and, so i post something ON topic, i actually did my hair on sunday for a dance. i used rollers in the back, and pincurls on the sides. not my best effort, but was somewhat pleased with the results :)
haircrop7.jpg
haircrop1.jpg
:eusa_clap my goodness ive been trying to do thast with my hair for weeks. i gave up bc i had no freaking clue as to how i would go about doing such a thing to my hair with no help. please give me yer secrets! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk