Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
~*Red*~ said:
Pink your rolls look mighty pretty! How did you do the back? I like the curlies! and are those gardenia clips?

Thank you!

Just hot rollers and bobby pins. :D

And I do believe they're magnolias.

Nashoba

One Too Many
BonnieJean: Thanks! I'm a perfectionist though. That collar is gonna bother me lol

Thanks Red!

Thank you Nikki, and you could never look yucky. I just don't think you have any yuckiness in you! The dress is a vintage piece I picked up off the bay about a year ago....I only get to wear it in the spring and the summer because it's a really lightweight cotton. It has this really cute peplum on it and a pink skirt to match! Lipstick is Besame Red. I couldn't wear it when i was brunette it didn't look right but now it seems to work pretty well.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Nikki! You're gorgeous! I love the do, and how it is at the bottom.. my hair isn't quite long enough to get that look at the bottom, although I was finally able to connect my french braids at the bottom with pins yesterday.. I was pretty stoked!

Your dress is so adorable.. I may have to make a trip to Walmart as well to check it out! ;)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thanks girls!!
Red, my hair is rather long so I get a good enough tail to drape so that it shows in front.. then tuck the tails into the bull-roped part and pin. You could always use a fake braid to "connect" the two! ;)
This is one stupid reason I don't want to cut my hair but I don't wear it this way that often...[huh]

Here's the link to pics from yesterday. I didn't have shoes that really "go".. wish I had some red espidrilles. The only red rose I have is HUGE and juts off of my head and looks really stupid in most pics, lol! Oh well... it was fun. I wore the back in a roll with a vintage comb. It's not the smoothest, but I did it quickly. BTW, this vintage dress makes me look like my boobs are at my waist!!
Nova had a blast, I think he prolly had a sore throat from saying choochoo all day non-stop.
You can click on the large version on the site to see better if you need to.
872073366_8bdbf2e7da.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85469550@N00/871686199/in/set-72157600953819269/
Nikki

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Nikki, your hair looks great!

I always have the problem that I have a side parting that hates trying to be parted down the centre, so I end up with one fat plait on one side and a thin one on the other. I might have to corale it when it is wet and try your swoop of hair at he front to make it look right for my face.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
Nikki, You look fabulous and I especially like the photo above, looks like you have a plane in your front yard. "honey, I'm just popping over to Paris for a croissant "........................hehe..................:) :) :)
Nova is such a cutie

Ha ha! Exactly!!!:D

BOOMBEBE

New in Town
100_2267.jpg
i use to do the purky bun balls on my head, bc for the longest time it was so hot out and i could have my hair any other way or i would get all icky and SWEATY. but after a while when it got cooler i got to do this wonderful poofy love to my hair :D

DSCF7676.jpg

this is probably my fav.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thank you so much everyone!
Miss Sis, I have the opposite problem. My hair wants to part in the middle and it's hard to get a side part! I end up with an off center...

Oh I wish Goldwyn, I 'd be going to the Paris FLEA MARKETS baby!!
Nikki

Miss Sis said:
Nikki, your hair looks great!
I always have the problem that I have a side parting that hates trying to be parted down the centre, so I end up with one fat plait on one side and a thin one on the other. I might have to corale it when it is wet and try your swoop of hair at he front to make it look right for my face.

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
rubyredlocks said:
My favorite haircolor ever!I call this one my 1940s technicolor red
47b5d909b3127cce934ced9eb3c500000015109AbOXLFk0bS

This isn't natural is it? Please tell me it's not so i can find out how to copy it! This is the shade i've always wanted. It always comes out too brown or just too blond.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Tamamiko-Nope,not natural in the least.
2 of the colors have been discontinued,but I'm sure you could find something comparable.
My hair was a combination of highlights and lowlights,alternating brightest copper,with a bright true red(practically orange slices mixed with coca-cola red)and the over-all color was a rich coppery red that was applied between packets.(more natural)
The key to this combination is that the highlights and lowlights are finely woven instead of chunky slices.Definitely not a "try this at home" job,I recommend seeking proffesional help.
Good luck and post pics if you go for it please!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ruby I loved that color as well. Was it by chance Redken's Copper Pop or Fever that they don't make anymore? I can't remember the name of the line, but I liked it. I have a few bottles left over at work but I don't want to use them because I know when they're gone, that's it, lol!
Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy