Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Nikki-No,they're from Loreal's proffesional line and I can't remember the names or numbers.(Which explains why i specialize in haircuts,lol )

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Oh well, wouldn't matter anyway because they're gone... why do they always discontinue stuff we like! ARGH! :mad:
Great new avatar btw!
Nikki
rubyredlocks said:
Nikki-No,they're from Loreal's proffesional line and I can't remember the names or numbers.(Which explains why i specialize in haircuts,lol )

leaette

A-List Customer
ok, so this isn't my hair, but....I would love to have my hair look like this. Very dressy 30's or early 40's.
I was just looking at this new movie trailer with Nicole Kidman in it. Look at her hair when she is at the long dinner table. So cute. Seems easy to recreate. Too bad I don't look like Nicole Kidman! hahaha
:eek:fftopic: The movie looks super cool! I loved the Narnia movie so I guess this should appeal to me and others who liked that movie.

Here is the link to the trailer:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808718640/video/3485607/standardformat

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hi there Leaette, welcome to the lounge! Hmm, can't decide if I would like that movie or not. But I love Nicole, and Sam Elliot!
I would suggest hot rollers, brush out, then take a few curls around the face and softly mold them back around your fingers and pin in place. The one curl on the side there reminds me of my sister's hair I did for prom one year, pin with a regular bobby underneath the curl and then on top use hair pins to secure. Hope this makes sense! Here's a pic of Nicole's, and then my sis's..
http://www.cherrycoloured.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/kid.jpg
Nikki
620727577_60b790e078.jpg

Here's another Kidman view,
http://us.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0385752/Ss/0385752/GC_02749.jpg.html?hint=group
And another updo on my SIL that is just pinned curls. (please ignore the mess, we were remoddling!)
620774743_b7257afe1e.jpg

Emblaze

Familiar Face
leaette said:
ok, so this isn't my hair, but....I would love to have my hair look like this. Very dressy 30's or early 40's.
I was just looking at this new movie trailer with Nicole Kidman in it. Look at her hair when she is at the long dinner table. So cute. Seems easy to recreate. Too bad I don't look like Nicole Kidman! hahaha
:eek:fftopic: The movie looks super cool! I loved the Narnia movie so I guess this should appeal to me and others who liked that movie.

Here is the link to the trailer:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808718640/video/3485607/standardformat

:eek:fftopic: "Golden Compass" my foot. The book is called 'Northern Lights' and anyway, the compass isn't a compass, it's an alethiometer. Booo on bad book-film adaptations! That said, the film does actually look quite good, and Nicole Kidman's hair is pretty.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
Emblaze said:
:eek:fftopic: "Golden Compass" my foot. The book is called 'Northern Lights' and anyway, the compass isn't a compass, it's an alethiometer. Booo on bad book-film adaptations! That said, the film does actually look quite good, and Nicole Kidman's hair is pretty.

The movie does look like its going to be SUPER!!!
It was one of the Trailers for HAIRSPRAY, and i have sad news to report,

I was disappointed in Hairspray :eusa_doh: John Travolta was a travisty, and Michelle Phifer was a hag, they cut parts, added them, and just turned the whole Hairspray world upside down, my opinion only.......

Sorry, no spoilers here, just opinions, everyone else let me know what you think.....

ShortClara

One Too Many
Emblaze said:
That said, the film does actually look quite good, and Nicole Kidman's hair is pretty.

:eek:fftopic: Um, Nicole who? I was blinded by Daniel Craig. Mmmmmmm... Daniel Craig.

Darn. There's no drooling emoticon!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Slightly off topic, but an acquaintance of mine is doing digital effects for the Golden Compass. He was paid to move to London--why can't I find a job like that? I'm looking forward to the movie too.

ShortClara

One Too Many
FABULOUS PICTURE GlueGun!! LOVE it! The colors, to makeup, everything :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
Bunno said:
Off topic:

:) That's my boy Hanzo when he was about 10 weeks old. Here he is (on the right) with his "sister" Yuri after making a mess of the living room. They just turned 2 years old last month. I adore having two dogs in the house. (Just a link as to not fully threadjack this! )
:eek:fftopic: Is Hanzo and his sister Shiba Inu's???? I have one too named Shilo. Well, OK My husband has custody of him til I get my own place, but I LOVE HIM and miss him dearly!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran