Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
ShooShooBaby said:
thanks, girls! ohairas, that's my natural color. i was thinking about going darker, but i've gotten two compliments on it in the last 24 hours, so maybe not!

ada, your curls look great! i bet it would look really cute with the front pulled back on the sides.

OH, by all means, don't change that color! It's gorgeous and rich, you are indeed lucky!

Ada, I agree. The curls turned out really nice and with a pomp or roll in front you're in business! I loved your robe and scarf pic!
Nikk

retromom147

One of the Regulars
ShooShooBaby said:
i just got a haircut for the first time in ages. i've been growing out my bangs, which is the most *annoying* thing ever! today i got them blended in with the rest of my hair, and the rest of it is layered a bit, and the back is cut in a slight u-shape for pincurling ease!

here it is, with no styling:
december055crop.jpg

here it is, after styling it for about 10 minutes. this is the first time i've been able to do any sort of rolling in months! i just pulled the sides up with clips, and used a curling iron a bit. it looks better in person!

hair.jpg

december083.jpg
I love your hair period ShooShoo! It's gorgeous styled or otherwise. I would definetely say leave it your natural color...it is just beautiful!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Thanks Nikki, Twighlight and Shooshoo :)

Laura, are you wearing makeup in your pics? your face looks so lovely and natural.

Trixie

One of the Regulars
oh THAT girl said:
Main question is this - do you lovely ladies think my face shape/features look ok with my hair back so much from my face like this? It's a really new thing for me!
I'll be playing more with my hair when I have the time soon :)

SP_A0026e.jpg

SP_A0024.jpg

I think you look very nice with your hair off your face. I dont think you have a really high forehead either. Just a nice, normal forehead. I dont think you should limit your styles to looks that cover your forehead. :)

Edited to write the word forehead one more time :D

pigeon toe

One Too Many
So yesterday I went and got all my hair chopped off because I'm leaving in a week for the Netherlands, where I'll be living for 5 months, and I'd rather not pay for a haircut while I'm there.

It's pretty drastic, my hair was probably 3 inches below my collarbone before (when straight).

dec2007023.jpg

Straight (I look like my mom!).

dec2007026a.jpg

Curled!

I like it curled much better but it's hard to get the hang of!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Pidg it looks terrific! You are such a beauty tho, that dark hair and "Snow White" eyes!
A great mod style that curls up nice and vintagey too. Thumbs up girl! That was always one of my fave cuts on myself.
Love the bangs grown out!
Nikki

retromom147

One of the Regulars
Pidgeon, it's a great cut! It looks good straight too and I agree with O'haira.
Definetely snow white coloring and eyes...I'm turning into a jeoulous green monster..the Maleficent or Shrek look doesn't flatter me at all...lol.

Antje

One Too Many
pigeon toe said:
So yesterday I went and got all my hair chopped off because I'm leaving in a week for the Netherlands, where I'll be living for 5 months, and I'd rather not pay for a haircut while I'm there.

It's pretty drastic, my hair was probably 3 inches below my collarbone before (when straight).

dec2007023.jpg

dec2007026a.jpg

Curled!

wow, you look awsome with youre shorter hair,
and I love your haircolor too

SarahLouise

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:

dec2007023.jpg

dec2007026a.jpg

Curled!

It suits you shorter, especially when curly. Looks great! My hair is a teeny bit longer than yours (when straight aswell) but when I curl it it really springs up. My hair used to be long too but I got so bored with it and had it chopped off a few months ago. I like the versatility of hair this length. I've even managed to do a short Marilyn style with it. Oh and good luck in the Netherlands!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Pigeon Toe, your cut is sooooooooooo cute!! I love it!! And it looks great curled up too!! Yippee! Have fun in the Netherlands!!

retromom147

One of the Regulars
Ada Veen said:
Pigeontoe, you remind me of Christina Ricci in the first photo, or a young P J Harvey.
Ooooh yes yes yes....that is exactly who you look like!!! I love her..there are so many movies she's does well in. :eek:fftopic: I might be wrong but didn't Ricci play a role in a vintage inspired movie..? I'll have to look it up. Beautiful Hair pidgeon...I think most of us ladies think it's a hit and the rest of us (me) are atad jealous.:) :rolleyes:

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Oh wow, thank you so much ladies! I wasn't expecting such a response, you all are way too sweet!

I washed it for the first time this morning since I got it cut and it's so much easier to take care of! I don't have to use nearly as much shampoo and conditioner and there are no little nasty snarls I have to pick out, which is amazing! Who knows, I may keep it this short after I come back from my trip!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Trixie said:
I think you look very nice with your hair off your face. I dont think you have a really high forehead either. Just a nice, normal forehead. I dont think you should limit your styles to looks that cover your forehead. :)

Edited to write the word forehead one more time :D

Was this an indirect comment to my comment?
I did not mean to say that oh THAT girl has a "really high forhead" nor that she looks bad with her hair off her face. On the contrary, actually. I merely meant to say that, compared to her profile picture, it looked even better to me with her hair falling a bit over her forhead. Hope this wasn't misunderstood. :)

I don't know if this goes for everyone, but the reason I post my pictures here is not just to get "You look really good" but maybe also get people's honest opinions and potentially good advice. So this is why I try to make my comments as constructive as possible.

Trixie

One of the Regulars
I was responding to comments about her picture yes. I saw someone say high forehead and someone else suggested she wear her hair styled with a wave on her forehead. I just don’t think her forehead is any higher than some of the other girls who have posted so I was giving my opinion that she shouldn’t limit her styles. I think she looks cute with her hair off her face. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy