Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
I second honesty.

Laura Chase said:
I don't know if this goes for everyone, but the reason I post my pictures here is not just to get "You look really good" but maybe also get people's honest opinions and potentially good advice. So this is why I try to make my comments as constructive as possible.

I haven't got around to posting pics of me playing with my hair yet...but when I do, this is what I want! I know people on the street will look at me like I have three heads regardless of how well coiffed my hair is. Now if someone here thinks my hair looks like my cat styled it...that means something! So please don't give me a "looks great! Well done!" while you think to yourself..."What was she thinking??" I may be wrong, but I think we are all here for the education, feedback and to perfect our vintage styles. If we can't get honest advise here, where can we? And hey, it's a lot easier to give suggestions and honest feedback from behind a computer screen than it is in person. Let's be real and be honest with each other and not just build up each others egos.

[That's not to say that anyone here does this nor that anyone needs constructive criticism]

Snookie

Practically Family
Laura Chase, good for you to honestly address someone's question. It's cool that you gave an honest, very constructive opinion. I don't think it was offensive at all. And Trixie -- it fine that you have a different opinion. I'd like to see a lot more constructive criticism around here, but obviously that means that we're going to have different opinions. Now it's up to oh THAT girl to take the suggestions and decide what she likes best!

Maybe I should get my cat to style my hair sometime. I think he'd do a better job than I manage sometimes!

oh THAT girl -- Nice job trying stuff out! Is there any feature you're particularly concerned with? I know I've see vintage diagrams illustrating good hairstyles for different face shapes...I'll see if I can find any of them...

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Yesterday I was being particulary lazy so I did'nt set my hair straight :eek: I popped it up in two rolls and let the back do it's own thing.

000_2292.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Goldwyn, you always get the tops of your rolls looking so nice! I can't do that with mine...not with a lot of effort anyway! ;) And I love your makeup!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I thought I'd give the ol' Lovett hair a go. Figured it would be fun to freak out my family with my weird hair. Ah what am I saying! They're used to it!

l_8d44a2dc7791998850115cc630a42534.jpg

l_99c0eb64fdf242788b0825efc34725c3.jpg

I didn't know my hair could even get that big!
Merry Christmas everyone!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
I thought I'd give the ol' Lovett hair a go. Figured it would be fun to freak out my family with my weird hair. Ah what am I saying! They're used to it!

That is what my hair looks like if I sleep with foam rollers on! It gets HUGE! I don't know how to get tidy little curls. If I don't brush it out I get ridges, or bulges at my ears. [huh]

ferryengr

One of the Regulars
Very nice Pink!

Pink Dahlia said:

Adele

One of the Regulars
Goldwyn girl - this is going to seem an odd thing to say, especially since this is the hairstyle thread, but I must compliment you on your eyebrows. They seem to have a wonderful shape to them.

Pink Dahlia- I like your hair color, not to mention how healthy it looks.

Here's my latest attempt at a '30s style:
DSCF1010.jpg

I got influenced by this photograph (in the sense of how low I made the curls, though, I wouldn't mind imitating her style exactly - well, try to anyways!):
http://www.doctormacro.info/Images/Karloff,%20Boris/Annex/Annex%20-%20Karloff,%20Boris%20(Raven,%20The)_02.jpg

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran