Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ShortClara

One Too Many
MissS said:
I'm loving the hair do's ladies - keep em coming!

Well, here's my latest. I just had a snip - 6 inches off the length and more layers and it's curling beautifully. This is me today, day 3 of a pin curl set.

hightea004.jpg

So pretty MissS!

CassD

One of the Regulars
dollydaydream said:
MissS; Don't worry, for every 'fab' look there are about 30 that are bad!!! That dress is so lovely!! I think we've had our summer now, it was snowing today so it was stinky jeans & shirt weather today. Luckily I didn't have to make an effort as I've not left the house yet lol

:eek:fftopic: It snowed a bit up here as well, but I was foolish enough to go out in seamed stockings and a day dress. My legs about froze off! (I was wearing a lovely wool wrap, so at least my arms and torso were warm).

Smuterella

One Too Many
thanks to advice from the lovely Laura Chase I tried the "bewitching bangs" setting pattern and it worked a treat. pardon the face paint, I was unable to pull any kind of decent photo face at 8am on Friday!

2008_04040001.jpg

Smuterella

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
Lovely Smuterella! Wish I could do the faux fringe!

its really easy, I just set two rolls going forward, brushed it out and there the curl was, no pins or anything all day!

magic!

MissS

A-List Customer
Thank you, gals!

CassD said:
MissS I just love your hair. You always look so beautiful and you have a fantastic smile!

CassD, the smile is a result of 2 years of pain and much $$, but it was worth it in the end! Ahhh, vanity!

Smuterella (hmmm, why do I always feel a little weird when I type that?!?), I love the faux bangs on you! You're looking very Monroe with your blonde locks and stripey top.

missmelly

One of the Regulars
Hair for the Book Launch

Since I slept in foam rollers and woke up as Medusalol , I just started over and this is what I came up with...
020.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

.:Miss Melly:.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, it's hard enough to post in this thread as a newbie to hairstyling, but following the class act above? :eusa_doh:

Here's my latest attempts at starting to roll my hair:

betty_040408.JPG

betty_040608.JPG

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
You look so classy, Betty!
(You also remind me a lot of my grandmother on my father's side when she was young, especially in the last picture, it almost made me gasp! She was a very classy lady, so that's a compliment. ;) )

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
thanks to advice from the lovely Laura Chase I tried the "bewitching bangs" setting pattern and it worked a treat. pardon the face paint, I was unable to pull any kind of decent photo face at 8am on Friday!

2008_04040001.jpg

Ooooh, your fringe looks soooo good! I can't make mine look that neat and controlled. And what, you didn't even use pins?! Lots of hairspray, then? How short are your bangs?

Fifties*Freak, I want your hair! My hair has just been thinning awfully in the past 3 years, and I'd just kill for har as thick as yours! I had hair that thick when I was a teenager, but crossing that magic limit just really did something to my hair and my body. I gained weight and lost hair. lol

AnnaMaria

New in Town
missmelly said:
Since I slept in foam rollers and woke up as Medusalol , I just started over and this is what I came up with...
.:Miss Melly:.

Haha...I've done that a few times too. I really like what what you came up with, it looks great on you.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
Ooooh, your fringe looks soooo good! I can't make mine look that neat and controlled. And what, you didn't even use pins?! Lots of hairspray, then? How short are your bangs?

Fifties*Freak, I want your hair! My hair has just been thinning awfully in the past 3 years, and I'd just kill for har as thick as yours! I had hair that thick when I was a teenager, but crossing that magic limit just really did something to my hair and my body. I gained weight and lost hair. lol

thanks! no pins and hardly any hairspray, weirdly it just held. i did it today and have had to use one pin, my fringe really takes a curl though, as its only around to my nose in length at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot