Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Aorta

Familiar Face
Laura Chase said:
:eek:fftopic:
Aorta, thank you for the compliment. You asked about my skin care and make up. I am very particular about my skin care and makeup and it's one of my favorite subjects, so excuse me if I go on and on.

My daily routine consists of The Organic Pharmacy's Carrot Butter Cleanser, Lip & Eye Cream and Double Rose Ultra cream (this one I would not buy again, it is too greasy for my skin).

A couple of times a week I use Jurlique's Daily Exfoliating Cream. Once in a while I also use The Organic Pharmacy's Flower Petal Deep Cleanser & Exfoliating Mask.

For makeup, I use mineral foundation, I switch brands a little, at the moment (and in those pictures) it is Lily Lolo in porcelain. I am also very fond of Jane Iredale. This stuff (or something like it) is great on top of mineral makeup, if you tend to get dry.

Thank you so much, Laura. *whispers* I'm also a "lotions & potions" addict, collecting lipsticks and stuff, so I am glad about your detailed answer and all the links to the products :).

Ada Veen

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Edit: having just checked out Lolita's tutorial I have one main question: when she refers to pinning the roll, what do you pin it to?! There's nothing but forehead under my roll!

Me too - I have a very high forehead, and if I want to pin the roll to the hairline it will be sticking up in the air very strangely :(

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here was my hair yesterday -I tried a double row of rollers for the second time ever.
What I found interesting is that I had to take them out before they were completely dry and the back of my hair came out perfect (hard to see, I know). I thought others might want to try this if hair is turning out over-frizzed, etc.

betty_040908_hair1.JPG
betty_040908_hair2.JPG

pamina

Familiar Face
hello

i didn't post for a while, so, i'm sorry. but now i'm back. *lol*
with some pretty new hairdo's ! =)

view.php

insu8n.jpg

15zlbtu.jpg

By the way: the sunnglasses are original from WW2 from my grandfather. he was stationed at the airforce. =)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
LolitaHaze said:
Speaking of rats... I now plan to make my own using my own hair, but as a platinum blonde, what color stocking would I use to shove my hair in?

Lo, from my experience, the stockings are hard to shove pins into, if need be. You might wanna try making a cover out of tulle instead? May have to replace every now and then, but same as a stocking I'd think and just as cheap. Would also give the hair something more to "grip" when winding it up. Lay some ivory and white over top of your hair and see what blends in better.
Nikki

Ada Veen

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
My inspiration was this girl on myspace:

l_36618b47d8abb111e89c60f46a4243fa.jpg

I don't actually know her, she just has fab hair and great style. Can't believe she isn't on here actually... I'd love to get my faux bangs to dip down in the middle like that.

who is she? Are there any other photos? She looks great.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
My inspiration was this girl on myspace:

l_36618b47d8abb111e89c60f46a4243fa.jpg

I don't actually know her, she just has fab hair and great style. Can't believe she isn't on here actually... I'd love to get my faux bangs to dip down in the middle like that.

MissHannah, can you post a link to her myspace?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Well as you all can tell by the fact that I am still wearing my pajamas in this photo... this is how I wake up in the morning! :p Oh... I just cut off another 4 1/2 inches from my hair since last time I cut it.

2404289064_00946d6248_o.jpg

Vintage Betty

LolitaHaze said:
Well as you all can tell by the fact that I am still wearing my pajamas in this photo... this is how I wake up in the morning! :p Oh... I just cut off another 4 1/2 inches from my hair since last time I cut it.

So, can I hate you now, or should I wait until you are dressed and had your first cup of coffee? lol

Damn girl, you look beautiful....PJs or no PJs!

Vintage Betty

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
Well as you all can tell by the fact that I am still wearing my pajamas in this photo... this is how I wake up in the morning! :p[/IMG]

geez, put some makeup on already! :p :p :p

your hair looks great, as always! i like the new length. man, i need a haircut too.

betty, i like your hair! when you say a "double row" of curlers, do you mean you normally only put one row in? maybe my hair is thicker than i think - i usually end up with 3-4!

Vintage Betty

ShooShooBaby said:
betty, i like your hair! when you say a "double row" of curlers, do you mean you normally only put one row in? maybe my hair is thicker than i think - i usually end up with 3-4!

I'm sure I am the most incompetant person when it comes to doing hair on the Lounge. I am really really bad. Rather than trying all the wonderful styles and frustrating myself and burning all my beauty products, I bought a set of basic "no catch" curlers and am trying to set one row at a time.

I have somewhat poorly mastered rolling one row of curlers across my entire head. Note I didn't use any pattern, any styling method or even know what size curler to use. I have no help, and no one to ask. I'm completely guessing what I should do.

Now that I can somewhat roll hair around one curler, I am trying two rows of curlers across my head. That's about all I can say. :p

BonnieJean

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:

Lolita, I think this is the best hairstyle/length of hair you've done so far!
It's perfect for your face--a true classic hairstyle! Beautiful!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats