Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
PidgeonToe... Thank you so much! Sadly it is a bit too much body at that length! I really have to brush and brush and brush to tame it even that flat!

Vintage Betty... Yeah... no need to hate me. If I REALLY looked like that in the morning I'd be an even bigger beotch than I already am! Hahahaha just teasing. :) Thank you so much. Your funny comments made me smile.

ShooShoobaby... Hahaha I know, right? The only down side about this length is that I CAN'T get lazy. It looks horrible when I air dry it straight. :( Looks like I will have to wear curlers EVERY FREAKING NIGHT! Ugh! lol

BonnieJean... Thank you! That is especially nice to hear coming from you and your perfect wartime hair!!

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Lolita, I LOVE the pyjamas!! (says the girl wearing Wonder Woman pyjamas :p) and the hair looks amazing! I wish I looked like that in the morning!!

This isn't exactly vintage but I wanted to share my new look!
Sa550621-1.jpg
DSCF4699-1-1.jpg

YAY! New hair colour!! I have been itching to cut my hair or dye it or something because I'm SO BORED with it :p So with my Wonder Woman costume ready to go i decided to dye it blue black. And I LOVE IT!! I was really worried it would wash me out, but strangely, it actually gives me more colour! I really love the black, and so does my boy :D So I'll be staying blue black for quite some time methinks!!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Last_Chael said:
Lolita, I LOVE the pyjamas!! (says the girl wearing Wonder Woman pyjamas :p) and the hair looks amazing! I wish I looked like that in the morning!!

Sa550621-1.jpg
DSCF4699-1-1.jpg

Yay for our Super powers... of course I have a bit of jealousy... you see I have an insestuous crush on my cousin -- a Mr. Superman, and you have dated him... so in a way... I secretly hate you. :-D Hahahaha. Man, if no one thought I was a freak before... they are definitely going to think it now! Hahahaha.

I have the same thing with my hair color, only I am not happy with the results... the lighter my hair gets, the darker my skintone looks and that makes me VERY unhappy. I want to look washed out! I am freaking out that I am looking too dark in the face.

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
LolitaHaze said:
Yay for our Super powers... of course I have a bit of jealousy... you see I have an insestuous crush on my cousin -- a Mr. Superman, and you have dated him... so in a way... I secretly hate you. :-D Hahahaha. Man, if no one thought I was a freak before... they are definitely going to think it now! Hahahaha.

I have the same thing with my hair color, only I am not happy with the results... the lighter my hair gets, the darker my skintone looks and that makes me VERY unhappy. I want to look washed out! I am freaking out that I am looking too dark in the face.

Bahahaha Actually, you would be the perfect Power Girl!! OMG! Can't believe I didn't realise that before! Hahah yes I'm a bit superhero obsessed at the moment :p I'm actually more of a Donna Troy girl, so I LOVE Nightwing *sigh* So dreamy.... :p But i prefer Diana/Bruce :D :eek:fftopic: ooops! Hahaha Strange is good ;) Who wants to be normal (says the girl with the parrot on her shoulder :p)

That's really strange actually! When I put my blonde wig on, it totally washed me out unless I had makeup on! It took a while to get used to it, but all my friends totally loved the blonde on me! But my boy didn't! It's possibly the shade of blonde that you're using. Are you cool or warm toned? You might have too much yellow in the tone?

MissS

A-List Customer
Last_Chael said:

Sa550621-1.jpg
DSCF4699-1-1.jpg

YAY! New hair colour!! I have been itching to cut my hair or dye it or something because I'm SO BORED with it :p So with my Wonder Woman costume ready to go i decided to dye it blue black. And I LOVE IT!! I was really worried it would wash me out, but strangely, it actually gives me more colour! I really love the black, and so does my boy :D So I'll be staying blue black for quite some time methinks!!

Oh yay, you finished it! It looks fabulous - wish that I could swan around in a superhero outfit...

Love the new hair colour, though now you will have the same problem as me - I can never get a decent photo of any hairdo's, because the black hair just doesn't show curls at their best.

Lolita - loving the new length. Very chic and glamorous.

Vintage Betty - you made me laugh! The hair is looking great though, so perserve! If you could only hear some of the weird noises and rude conversations I have with myself when I'm trying to put rollers in my hair!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
Well as you all can tell by the fact that I am still wearing my pajamas in this photo... this is how I wake up in the morning! :p Oh... I just cut off another 4 1/2 inches from my hair since last time I cut it.

2404289064_00946d6248_o.jpg

Lolita, You look PERFECT. Just perfect. It doesn't get better than that. This length is awesome on you. I'm so very :D . But in a good way.;)

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
LolitaHaze said:
Well as you all can tell by the fact that I am still wearing my pajamas in this photo... this is how I wake up in the morning! :p Oh... I just cut off another 4 1/2 inches from my hair since last time I cut it.

Oh, I love it! I think it looks so much better that length. I really want to cut my hair. Do you have lots of layers? I also want to grow my bangs out but i hate my forehead and i always end up cutting my bangs

Oh Lolita that is so pretty. I look quite similar to that in a morning you know. Well, I often wake up with makeup on anyway (shock horror!) lol

VintageBetty - I really am loving the hair. Just preactice & soon you'll be able to do a whole head full of rollers!! My, ain't that something to look forward to lol

If I'm using rollers, I tend to just make it up as I go along and am always surprised with what happens (be it good or bad) ;)

CassD

One of the Regulars
Lolita you look fabulous! The length is very nice on you.

Vintage Betty I'm pretty bad with my hair. I finally gave up because I let the stylist talk me into layers again and I can't get anything to work right now, but your idea of stating out slowly sounds like something I should try. Thanks!

Last Chael can I come over for next Halloween and nick a costume? lol You look great. I like the new colour and I love the Wonder Woman costume. Do you have full pics posted on your DeviantArt page?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Lolita, this means you wake up with perfect hair! How pratical and glamourous, just like in the movies where they wake up with hair and make-up done. I like the new length!

LolitaHaze said:

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
I'm sure I am the most incompetant person when it comes to doing hair on the Lounge. I am really really bad.

Hmmm... having seen your pictures, I think I could easily wrestle that title from your hands - your hair looks great - loads better than mine ever does!

:eek:fftopic: I really like your new avatar, too.

Antje

One Too Many
Lolita, you look super, I can imagine that it is a lot of work, but it looks amazing,
compliments on everyone with the cool fake bangs, I like to try them also this weekend, so I hope I can post some pics

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
A wee question about the faux bangs.... I have my rat, can roll my hair around it, spread it along the rat and make it into the U shape, but then how do I pin it all in place?! I feel like the edges of the bangs won't stay in place because of the rat, but can't do it without the rat!! I hope that makes sense :p

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
Miss S you are so right! I was trying to take photos of my do yesterday and the black made it so difficult! Though I think it's easier in proper sunlight because of the blue in it, I get nice blue highlights!

Thanks so much CassD! Hahah actually I have so many costumes I have to sell a few (though that's also due to needing monies!). It's a VERY addictive hobby, I tell you! I haven't put any photos up on DA yet, but I posted a few full length pics in the 'show us what you made' thread. They're still on the last page there! :D

So this was my hair last night:

This is pretty much what I do when I want to put my hair up nice, but I don't want to do rolls. So it's my casual everyday do :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy