Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

MissHannah

One Too Many
Continuing on from my slightly odd waves yesterday I got a cool big spiral/roll thing going on today!
Hair130508D.jpg

Hair130508C.jpg

pamina

Familiar Face
okay ladies, look at this !

staring in the school production of the musical HAIR as a party guest - 60's hairdo (banana? ^^ ) :

352ngd4.jpg

30sdbfq.jpg

4vjybl.jpg

sxyljm.jpg

and the make up ^^
112bn8j.jpg

and i'm very sory for the badest quality ever - but it's still an mobilefone cam ^^

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Okay ladies.. right now I am in curlers, trying to attempt a vintage hairstyle! I find it difficult to find a hairstyle I like since I got straight bangs. BUT now I am trying. I curled my hair under horizontally in three rows, the bottom two curled all the way to the scalp and the top row curled halfway up.

this is what I am trying to attempt :

ditacurls.jpg

if it turnes out remotely well I will post pics and ask for comments and help.. if a huge frizzball occurs - I hope it is okay for me to not post pics :)

EDIT : okay .. I curled way too much.. hmm here is the result .. it looks semi-pretty, but not vintage (to me)

Comments are more than welcome!

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Snookie said:
Here's my attempt at a simple 30's style - my inspiration is Ginger Roger's hair from the "Night and Day" number in The Gay Divorcee. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjrWAMhxGOs It's a sorry attempt compared to DeadPanDiva's cute hair! I just used a headband I had on hand, I want to get a braid hairpiece but I don't know how to shop for one. [huh] Probably go to the store and ask!

2447102564_10cd3808ef.jpg
You hair is adorable. If yoy find out were to get a braid hairpiece pleas let me know. I have been looking for forever. I tried to make one but that was a disaster. :)

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Darhling said:

Wow Darhling I never knew from your pictures that your hair was so long!!! I think that you need to use larger rollers in the back, and also do not roll them up "so high" on your head. I am not sure if that makes sense, but roll the back of your head only up to the nape of your neck, which will leave you with a smooth top and curled bottom! Hope this helps!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Thank you ladies.. I am completely lost when it comes to styling my hair vintagy .. My hair holds the curl so well, becuase it is naturally curly, I will have to wash it, airdry it and then try again..

Any other tips will be GREATLY appreciated!

MissS

A-List Customer
Darhling, my hair is a similar length to yours. I find that if I'm wanting a wave, rather than a defined curl, standing pincurls work best for me. Big ones, that is, rolled around 2 fingers.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
MissS said:
Darhling, my hair is a similar length to yours. I find that if I'm wanting a wave, rather than a defined curl, standing pincurls work best for me. Big ones, that is, rolled around 2 fingers.

do you have a picture or a drawing of the rolled up pincurls for that particular look? sounds lovely!

MissS

A-List Customer
Not to hand, but if you look back a few posts to Miss Bella's setting pattern, it's like that, just slightly bigger.

I'll take a picture next set for you, but depending on the pattern, it gives me the hairstyle in my aviator (brushed out), tho you can not brush it and you'll get big soft curls.

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
I couldn't get my hair to do what I wanted yesterday, I tried pin curls, curlers, victory rolls.. and eventually gave up and cut it off instead. Much to my housemates amusement. And here's how it looks today, it actually holds a wave now.

IMG_1066smlweb.jpg

lyburnum

Practically Family
Excuse the strange posture/miserable face, was attempting to find some decent light. But I was pretty happy with my bangs today:

IMG_0781.jpg

lyburnum

Practically Family
You are very lovely! But I don't think my bangs are up to much in comparison with some of the other beautiful hairdo's in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy