Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Cricket

Practically Family
Cotton ball head here

My hair is super curly. When I let it air dry, it has waves but it looks so flat. So I tend to blow dry while playing with my fingers. This makes tons of loose ringlets, which I like better. But how can I tame my curls or work with them to get a cute vintage style? Please give me some tips or pictures. I am clueless. [huh]

Ada Veen

Practically Family
Looking lovely, Lyburnum! I love the shape of your rolls, and the net looks great.

And your hair has a lovely shine to it, Fleur.

Cricket, it may seem like a mammoth task, but the best thing for you to do is just trawl these hair threads, as they are chock full of information on how to get vintage hair styles of all sorts. Good luck, and nice to virtually meet you! :)

lyburnum

Practically Family
IMG_1594.jpg
IMG_1585.jpg
IMG_1584.jpg

Todays hair. Last night I got home at 3am and literally just threw a hair net over it and went to sleep. Didn't even take out any of the pins :rolleyes: However his morning it was still holding its curl really nicely. It's my favourite set because it holds so well, and it's dead easy to do. Takes me about 15minutes to put all the rollers in and I'm away!

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
lyburnum said:
IMG_1594.jpg
IMG_1585.jpg
IMG_1584.jpg

Todays hair. Last night I got home at 3am and literally just threw a hair net over it and went to sleep. Didn't even take out any of the pins :rolleyes: However his morning it was still holding its curl really nicely. It's my favourite set because it holds so well, and it's dead easy to do. Takes me about 15minutes to put all the rollers in and I'm away!

Would you mind telling us how you set it?

lyburnum

Practically Family
SweetieStarr said:
Would you mind telling us how you set it?

It's very very simple (and kinda lazy :rolleyes: ). I just put horizontal velcro rollers in three layers around the nape of the neck. I use very small velcro rollers for 1940s do's, no more than 1/2inch. There's nothing much to it, just try to keep the rollers low on the back of the head. I can post a photo of it next time I do it if you like :)

~*Red*~

Practically Family
lyburnum said:

This is my favorite hair do to do/wear for the same reason. I have never done it with bangs before.. I love how it looks on you with bangs Lyburnum!

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
lyburnum said:
It's very very simple (and kinda lazy :rolleyes: ). I just put horizontal velcro rollers in three layers around the nape of the neck. I use very small velcro rollers for 1940s do's, no more than 1/2inch. There's nothing much to it, just try to keep the rollers low on the back of the head. I can post a photo of it next time I do it if you like :)

Thank you for your explanation; it's very helpful. Yes, if you wouldn't mind posting a pic, that would be great!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We're not ignoring you...

Cricket said:
My hair is super curly. When I let it air dry, it has waves but it looks so flat. So I tend to blow dry while playing with my fingers. This makes tons of loose ringlets, which I like better. But how can I tame my curls or work with them to get a cute vintage style? Please give me some tips or pictures. I am clueless. [huh]

But there's a LOT of info in the Beauty section, start with these threads:

[URL="http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4254"][URL="http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=9081"]http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=16963[/URL][/URL]
Since this thread is for SHOWING your hairstyles, it is not a good place to get into a bunch of advice and back and forth, when it's all already out there...

I was a bit freaked out when I saw Lyburnums hair when I looked at work this afternoon, this is how I did my hair today;

PICT0227.jpg

PICT0228.jpg

Great minds and all that jazz lol

I love my little hair bag, I'm growing my hair and it's at that awkward stage so I can just throw it in a ponytail & stick the bag on. And it has a pretty bow on it too :D

I always have irritating hairs that refuse to stay in a ponytail though. Awkward stupid hair

Inky

One Too Many
You make me positively green with envy :D lyburnum and dollydaydream!

I love your bangs and beautiful rolls.

dollydaydream: where did you get that little "hair bag?" I am growing out my messy locks and that sounds like a great dressier alternative to my "rosie" bandana days.

Inky said:
You make me positively green with envy :D lyburnum and dollydaydream!

I love your bangs and beautiful rolls.

dollydaydream: where did you get that little "hair bag?" I am growing out my messy locks and that sounds like a great dressier alternative to my "rosie" bandana days.

It was a chance find in a charity shop!! I think it would be pretty easy to make one though. I should think the sell them on the markets round here. I'll keep an eye out & let you know if I can get hold of one for you :)

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
You all look so fantastic!!! Lyburnum, you make it all look so completely effortless, both in hair and dress, as do so many of you.

As for me, I just had hair down to almost the middle of my back. I decided to go for broke and whack it myself. This is the result...

newdo2.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
lyburnum said:
Yesterdays hair:

IMG_1561.jpg
IMG_1550.jpg

Absolutely my favourite do of yours ever I think! Although I do love that side bun thing you do - have you ever posted a pic of it? And where was that flower from? It's a lovely one.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Helysoune said:
You all look so fantastic!!! Lyburnum, you make it all look so completely effortless, both in hair and dress, as do so many of you.

As for me, I just had hair down to almost the middle of my back. I decided to go for broke and whack it myself. This is the result...

newdo2.jpg

I like the way your hair turned out and the color and condition of your hair looks superb. I'm so envious of your hair and eyes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner