Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Lillemor

One Too Many
PS and Odalisque I'm so envious of your results and you both look so beautiful. I think you've just taught me a lesson about foam roller (or any kind of roller) placement.

Leila de la May

New in Town
This is a picture of my hair this morning. I slept in foam rollers, but it went a little bit to puffy so I went over it gently with some straightners, this is the result. The funny thing is, is that it doesn't look that much different to my natural hair, I think I might have to practice a bit more maybe with some pincurls next time though I quite fancy trying out some heated rollers to.
Sorry about the horrid toilet lighting it makes my skin look rather strangely yellow.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Thanks Ladies! The skin compliments are especially sweet as I'm always aware of every zit and blotch lol

I pretty much have been using the Casual Glamour setting. Can't find a picture of it for the life of me. I'll try and dig it up.

A brush curl is this:

hair-30s-brushcurl.jpg

I make them by rolling the tip of the hair around my finger, then winding the curl down (like a very small victory curl) and pinning it standing up. Honestly, I got a lot of inspiration from Johanna
Johanna said:
I use pin curls pretty much all the time. Sometimes I use a curling iron as well but very seldom. Here are some photos of my hair in pin curls.

pincurls3.jpg

pincurls2.jpg

pincurls.jpg

pincurls4.jpg

I vary the set a little sometimes but this is the way I usually do it.

Yow long post! Sorry :eusa_doh:

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Odalisque said:
I had a particularly successful hair night and wanted to share it with you ladies. this is from a dry set with brush curls. I'm still trying to find the best way of brushing out my sets. This is minimal with my fingers and a wide tooth comb. Oh, and don't mind my large forehead zit. I'm 3 weeks into OCM!*yucky*

lounge008-1.jpg

lounge004-1.jpg
Ooh these curls look lovely! I've tried the brush curls but I can't seem to get them quite right. Very pretty :)

PS

A-List Customer
Oh I've done brush curls before, I just didn't know the name. :eusa_clap Now I don't feel so out of the loop!

Leila, I love the softness of your hair!

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
This is my hair as I did it for my Black Dahlia costume. I understand that my hair isn't black, but I just couldn't stand the thought of staining/dyeing it permanently!

I used foam rollers and 5 pincurls at the top.
hair.jpg

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
maggiethespy - You look great here! I've been trying to get my hair to curl like that since it's shorter, but my grandmother moved out of state, and she was the one to always help me roll the back lol I've been getting better on my own, but my arms go numb too quick. Practice makes perfect, though...

Antje

One Too Many
maggiethespy said:
This is my hair as I did it for my Black Dahlia costume. I understand that my hair isn't black, but I just couldn't stand the thought of staining/dyeing it permanently!

I used foam rollers and 5 pincurls at the top.
hair.jpg

great collor and supernice do :eusa_clap

The Shirt

Practically Family
Inky - WOWEE! What a great new avatar - you look darling!

Laura - you can be such a chameleon. I love your long curls but I have to say - the new polished bob is really fetching. Just adorable. Brings out your eyes.

Inky

One Too Many
why thank you for noticing it, Shirt!! My rockabilly to 40's gal transformation is coming along slowly but surely (though I digress often enough - I will always love something with skulls or cherries on it - my guilty pleasure!!) thanks to the stuff I've learned at the Lounge from all the lovely ladies.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Odalisque said:
Thanks Ladies! The skin compliments are especially sweet as I'm always aware of every zit and blotch lol

I pretty much have been using the Casual Glamour setting. Can't find a picture of it for the life of me. I'll try and dig it up.

A brush curl is this:

hair-30s-brushcurl.jpg

:

Is it just me or it the face on that drawing extra creepy?

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Inky, don't feel guilty about cherries and skulls. ;) And thank you for your nice compliment.

The Shirt, thank you so much! And yeah I think it's strange too how much my appearance can change just with a simple cut. I experience it every time I get a new cut. I don't know why and how, but yeah I'm a chameleon. :)

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Looking amazing, ladies!

Odalisque - Your hair looks gorgeous! I lovelovelove curls!
and just so you know, I hadn't noticed the zit before I read about it! lol

Leila - Very pretty! I think it's an great look for you... Very glam!

Laura - You remind me a lot of Clara Bow in that picture and the cut really suits your features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats