Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
Antje said:
Superkawaiimama, you look so super, love the hairdo
what a great volume :eusa_clap

Seriously! That is some beautiful hair.

Emer, I love the pinned-back 'do. If you ever take a picture from the side, please make sure to post it - I'd love to see how it looks.

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
Tutorial!!! :)

SuperKawaiiMama said:
Here is the hair I did for my daughters ballet recital. I was going for a sort of Veronica Lake / Rita Hayworth effect.
3039950565_65a982e9b5_o.jpg

3039950527_87a1fe59bf_o.jpg

Emer

One of the Regulars
ScotchWhisky said:
Emer, I love the pinned-back 'do. If you ever take a picture from the side, please make sure to post it - I'd love to see how it looks.

Here you go! From the side it looks like a French braid because I alternate pieces from each side as I pin.

65xq6x

Josephine

One Too Many
How about the hairstyle we want? I want to cut my hair short to cut out the color and get back to my natural color; but I know there will be an awkward growing out phase. I saw the pic of GWD's mom and thought that would be a cute short do to try. But what is it? Do you think it's a middy? A short middy?

Emer

One of the Regulars
Marzipan said:
Emer, how did you do that??? I think my arms would fall off if I tried that one!

Anyhow, here I am with my new spit-curl bangs and an updo. I never knew I could feel so waify...

I dunno. I might decide to keep this look. (see my avatar, too)
:)

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa287/diegoicky/IMG_3961-1.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa287/diegoicky/IMG_3956-1.jpg

Love the new bangs, very cute!

First, I part my hair (side, middle, where ever). Then, I take a section from the top of my head (just the crown, not the sides) and twist it just until it starts to twist in on itself. Secure with a bobby pin. Then I'll take one of the sides (let's say the right), twist it, and I'll bring the end across my head so that the ends are on the opposite side (the left). Secure with a bobby pin (or two if you have thick hair). I just repeat until everything is pinned, and I'll try to hide the ends under other pieces. Anything that's left over (sometimes you end up with a bit of a pony tail) I tuck under and pin again. Once you get the hand of it, it's super easy!

Miss.Monroe

New in Town
SuperKawaiiMama said:
Here is the hair I did for my daughters ballet recital. I was going for a sort of Veronica Lake / Rita Hayworth effect.
3039950565_65a982e9b5_o.jpg

3039950527_87a1fe59bf_o.jpg

Oh my God, you look perfect! I love your hair ( it is very similar to mine.... extra volumptuous!) and that dress really suits you! And the color too.
Congrats :eusa_clap

Laura Chase

One Too Many
SuperKawaiiMama, you are drop dead gorgeous!

Alright ladies, recently I had my hair bobbed like this:

And today I wanted to try and have it in a Clara Bow-ish style. I set it with quite large loose pincurls last night, as a first experiment, just lightly sprayed with Lottabody. It was dry when I started, and I had washed it the day before yesterday.

3057692779_e9d86664ec.jpg

I actually think my hair has to be longer to create the really big Clara Bow poof, but it looks nice anyway.

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Laura I love that look, I think it suits you very well!

As far as Clara goes, she had many looks besides the poof......
07.JPG

07.JPG

14.JPG

but I think she would be quite envious of yours!

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
Laura that hairstyle really looks fantastic on you! When I saw it and before I read your post, I immediately thought of Clara Bow, so you must be doing something right. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy