Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
I found this in my 1938 TimeLife:

PB250001.jpg

Very simple and starightforward.

Samantha

Inky

One Too Many
retrogirl1941 said:
I found this in my 1938 TimeLife:

PB250001.jpg

Very simple and starightforward.

Samantha

That's funny that you posted this. Just the other day I was using the new LIFE Magazine/Google resourse (aka: humongous time sucker) and researching "hair" and found the photos for this series. I hope this link works:

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/l?q=hair+source:life&imgurl=3e82c7e17b751d0a

They are interesting because they show how "not" to wear your hair with certain new hat styles.

Thanks for posting the actual article!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Inky said:
That's funny that you posted this. Just the other day I was using the new LIFE Magazine/Google resourse (aka: humongous time sucker) and researching "hair" and found the photos for this series. I hope this link works:

http://images.google.com/hosted/life/l?q=hair+source:life&imgurl=3e82c7e17b751d0a

They are interesting because they show how "not" to wear your hair with certain new hat styles.

Thanks for posting the actual article!

Your Welcome! I will try and type up the article itself and post it here. I didnt read it when I got the picture of the page.

Samantha

Lareesie Ladavi

One of the Regulars
Antje said:
Here's my hair today, just put in some hot rollers

jkhnhk.jpg

10cl1s9.jpg

2hzu7gm.jpg

HOT MAMA! Antje, I love the red....Very pretty! I always wanted to do red, but wimp out. I've always had light hair and I'm so fickle, I know I'd change my mind, as soon as I dyed it.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Antje, this is the most beautiful your hair has looked..I just LOVE it! It's so soft, uniform and luxurious!:eusa_clap

You're stunning!

Lillemor

One Too Many
Antje, I love the red too. Very flattering waves/curls too.

CherryRed, that looks really good too. I wish I had a snood to cover my disastruous sets so I wouldn't have to wait until the-day-after look.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Antje.. you look stunning!! Oh how I wish my hair would respond to hot curlers!!! Hopefully not that I had a perm donw to my hair.. I will have more hold! **crissong fingers**

You look stunning! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cleery

New in Town
I've been through this entire thread tonight. So many beautiful ladies and so much amazing style. Thanks for the inspiration! Now I've got my rollers, clamps and rat, I just need to get to it.

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Finally getting around to posting pics...

Ok, so I cut my hair the day before Thanksgiving (about 6 1/2 inches!) and I finally got around to downloading the pics from my phone :)

Here is it after I set it and combed it out (forgive my lack of makeup!)
photo-1.jpg

And here is it going on day three (with makeup ;) )
photo2-1.jpg

I love my new cut as it actually holds a curl for more than a few hours lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner