Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

crazydaisy

Practically Family
MissAmelina, thank you. I once told a girl she resembled Salma Hayek and she frowned upon me! Some people can't get a compliment for what it is meant to be and some, if you ask me, are blessed with beauty that they don't deserve. As for Miss Acker, a couple of people told me that in another thread. Hadn't heard of her before so I had to google her. I can only see it myself vaguely, and only in some pictures, something to to with the eyes maybe, don't know. I asked a friend and she can't see it at all.

I thank all the other ladies for the nice comments about the hair. I managed to get 3 days out of that up do, going through an interview day, one at home and one at work. Will see how it looks now I plan to finally brush it out.:)

Emer

One of the Regulars
clubwitsend said:
3322176319_3c1a231a2b.jpg
3323007552_f5df4237a5.jpg

That bob looks fabulous on you! So much like Catherine Zeta-Jones from Chicago.

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
o0olibelulao0o said:
So I put my hair in dry pin curls last night with a bandana and sprayed them with a curling sea salt mixture (john freida beach blonde) and it worked really well at getting/keeping the curl... And I loved my hair so much today I did a little photoshoot here are the pics (theres quite a few sorry!)

the sides

004tb2.jpg

o0olibelulao0o,

This is basically how I do my hair everyday! I reset into pin curls and I get three days (sometimes 4 if put some cornstarch in and havent had time to get it washed and dried) - I love how you have gathered the side here - how did you do it?

I dont use a setting lotion at night I just put serum lightly through when I unpin in the morning!

pixie

Familiar Face
crazydaisy said:
MissAmelina, thank you. I once told a girl she resembled Salma Hayek and she frowned upon me! Some people can't get a compliment for what it is meant to be and some, if you ask me, are blessed with beauty that they don't deserve. As for Miss Acker, a couple of people told me that in another thread. Hadn't heard of her before so I had to google her. I can only see it myself vaguely, and only in some pictures, something to to with the eyes maybe, don't know. I asked a friend and she can't see it at all.

I thank all the other ladies for the nice comments about the hair. I managed to get 3 days out of that up do, going through an interview day, one at home and one at work. Will see how it looks now I plan to finally brush it out.:)
I have to say that I also thought that you look very much like Amy Acker, from the first time that I saw your picture on here. She is totally adorable, If you want to see her in action, she is in the new Josh Whedon show called Dollhouse.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
I'm posting this a couple of places, because I think it applies to multiple threads.

I felt silly today and decided to do my hair and makeup like Fashion Editor Barbie. Here are the results :D
meandbarbie-1.jpg

I tried to make it look like an old pin-up painting here:
mevargagirl-1.jpg

And like a comic book drawing here:
mecomicbookgirl-1.jpg

Esme

One of the Regulars
Oh my!! I would sooooo take that comic book one and have it framed and on my lounge room wall!!! Love it! (As a matter of fact, once I get my new cat's eye glasses later this week, I might have a play and see what I can do myself) Gorg, girl!!!

Inky

One Too Many
Maggie - that's a great job! From the hair to the outfit and especially the make up - tremendous!

I agree, you should print a copy of the comic book version onto some canvas and have it mounted like comic book art!

Well done girl!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
That is just RAD! And I have been trying to decide whether or not to cut my bangs again....i think you may have swayed me, Barbie Girl!

o0olibelulao0o

Familiar Face
RitaHayworth said:
o0olibelulao0o,

This is basically how I do my hair everyday! I reset into pin curls and I get three days (sometimes 4 if put some cornstarch in and havent had time to get it washed and dried) - I love how you have gathered the side here - how did you do it?

I dont use a setting lotion at night I just put serum lightly through when I unpin in the morning!

I love my hair like that! My hair is actually long, so I have to pin up the longer bits, but I love the way it comes out... I just pulled that side back and pinned it with a bobby-pin, but if you have a sparkly barrette or a shiny barrette it would look good too... I saw hair like this in Rebel Without A Cause... so I copied it :)

I used setting lotion in my set last night, and I LOVE how soft and shiny it makes my hair... I also used toilet paper as roller paper and it worked SO much better with my layered hair... It wasn't a great set (I tried something different...:eusa_doh: can't win em' all i guess)

We had a family birthday party today with the future In-Laws for me (my birthday is on the 10th! yay!) anyway... Once I played with the set I got it looking pretty good... Here's some pics... (at the end of the night so it's not as neat as it was...)

(please excuse the odd expressions :))
31009096.jpg

31009100.jpg

31009110.jpg

Hela

New in Town
maggiethespy said:
I'm posting this a couple of places, because I think it applies to multiple threads.

I felt silly today and decided to do my hair and makeup like Fashion Editor Barbie. Here are the results :D
meandbarbie-1.jpg

I tried to make it look like an old pin-up painting here:
mevargagirl-1.jpg

And like a comic book drawing here:
mecomicbookgirl-1.jpg

You did an excellent job! Just like twins. This is actually a great look for you.:eusa_clap

Hela

New in Town
MissAmelina said:
it has been driving me bonkers trying to figure out just who you remind me of...and then it dawned on me that you look a heck of alot like Amy Acker who plays "Fred" in Angel.....a spin-off of the Buffy series that is near and dear to my heart (both are!). Forgive me for saying so. But she is a hot mama, so I figured it would be okay. :)

fred.jpg

Miss Amelina I was thinking the same thing too. When I first saw CrazyDaisy's face, "who does she look like!" and you hit it right on the head! Amy was great as Fred.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Esme and Inky-- Thanks! I just messed with some of the "artistic" filters in photoshop-- the comic book style one is "ink drawing" with the color amped up.

Miss Amelina-- thank you! Believe it or not, those are blunt-cut, longish Betty Bangs that I straightened and parted!

Hela-- Thank you! I was actually surprised with how flattering the blue ended up being ;)

Cherry Lips-- Yay! We'll be the Barbie Trifecta, and we'll rule the world!

Lillemor

One Too Many
clubwitsend, that bob suits you beautifully and it's so well cut.

maggie, that's not silly! I really like your interpretation of the whole look.:)

Rita, I like both your hair and your lipstick! I'm going to do less brushing in the future. Some of you have such smooth curls I think I'll like that better on myself too.

Smuterella

One Too Many
crazydaisy said:
Sorry about the lurid color :eek: - for some reason all my photos turn orange once I post the onto the photo hosting site :mad: .
...And no, I don't have a horrible overdone tan in my avatar (in fact no tan at all) - in case you wondered...lol

i can't see your pictures at all. [huh]

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
The last few pages...

Just browsed the last few pages, wow do you dolls look great!!!
Welcome to the new gals too!

clubwitsend, fabulous bob~

crazydaisy, love the soft updo~

Emer, the french twist looks wonderful, I love the scrollies in it!

Hela

New in Town
maggiethespy said:
Esme and Inky-- Thanks! I just messed with some of the "artistic" filters in photoshop-- the comic book style one is "ink drawing" with the color amped up.

Miss Amelina-- thank you! Believe it or not, those are blunt-cut, longish Betty Bangs that I straightened and parted!

Hela-- Thank you! I was actually surprised with how flattering the blue ended up being ;)

Cherry Lips-- Yay! We'll be the Barbie Trifecta, and we'll rule the world!

Oh yes the shadow and the liner was incredible, I can't get over it. It's funny I had exactly the same shade of red as Barbie's about 6 months ago (Henna) it's great if your going to stay that shade but what a nightmare to remove!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24