Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hats

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I know we often post threads with questions on hats. I'd love to see pics of everyone wearing their hats! And to start it out, here's a few:
hat08.jpg

QM3.gif

hat07.jpg

hat01.jpg

jimmyfed

New in Town
Niiicceee hats. I'll try to make time and photograph some of my hats and post them here. I don't realy have that many hats yet. Good luck on eBay!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Those are great pics! And thanks, jimmyfed, I look forward to seeing your hats!

Here's another couple one of mine:
My crazy 30's/40's knome hat
hat02.jpg

an cute little 30's number
hat03.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tristian_1.jpg

Well, not very "vintage", but nevertheless one of my favorites. This is my grandson helping me make ice cream one Sunday afternoon.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Here is a pic of myself and friends at this year's WWII Weekend.
You can't see my hat very well, but it is a brown felt tilt hat trimmed in pinked 'medallions'.
47b5d900b3127cce934773cb0e1c00000046108AatmbRq2ctP

By the way, my friend Eileen made her straw doll hat. It looked just like an original!

Lauren, I have a hat that is very similar to your 'gnome' hat. Mine is made of golden yellow, chocolate brown, and rust felt 'patches' with a dark brown tassel, and it sits tipped forward on the head. I'll try to add a pic of it sometime!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Here are a couple of other photos of more recent finds:
47b5d725b3127cce93aac6884fa400000016108AatmbRq2ctP

47b5d725b3127cce93aa0e184f5000000015108AatmbRq2ctP

I need to start working hats into my daily wardrobe. I have a nice little collection that deserves a little more exposure. Plus, if I start wearing my hats more often, certain family members would be less likely to raise their eyebrows as I continue to add to my collection ;)

riccardo

Practically Family
Money money money...

Big Man said:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/Burke1777/Tristian_1.jpg

Well, not very "vintage", but nevertheless one of my favorites. This is my grandson helping me make ice cream one Sunday afternoon.
Hi Big Man,
very nice child and very nice grandfather...beautiful hat...but...
i'm interested to sell you an Italian Ice cream machine...it's my job...wouldn't you like to own an ice cream house...a "Gelateria"...?
...however...if you would like any italian recipe for ice cream or,best, for the sicilian granita...i'm here!!! :cheers1:
...wonderful child with compliments!

Sincerely
Riccardo

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Yes Jitterbugdoll, Great pics. And Big Man, you brought a tear to my eye with that pic. Reminded me of some times with my Grandpa...
Lauren, you are adorable in that 30's number hat.
Jitterbugdoll, what kind of hat is the green one? Their is a local thirft store that has one just like it in black. It is on a rack with some other nice vintage womens hats. But this one is so cool looking.

Chad

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Chad--do you mean the dark green one? The 1930s hat is also green--a shade of chartreuse actually?¢‚Ǩ‚Äùthough it looks kind of yellow in the photo.

Anyway, the dark green hat is 1940s ?¢‚ǨÀúdoll?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ or ?¢‚ǨÀútoy?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ hat, with a fabric covered ring that fits over the crown of the wearer's head to secure it in place. I picked it up pretty cheaply on eBay (and it is in near perfect condition), but this style of hat is very popular right now and usually goes for big bucks. So, I might be interested in that hat you mentioned if the price is right ;)

Not-Bogart13--thank you for the thoughtful comment!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
jitterbugdoll said:
Here is a pic of myself and friends at this year's WWII Weekend.
You can't see my hat very well, but it is a brown felt tilt hat trimmed in pinked 'medallions'.
47b5d900b3127cce934773cb0e1c00000046108AatmbRq2ctP

Jitterbugdoll,
That's a great looking photo! All of your friends look swell...but who's the kid on the left with oversized drawers on? [huh] ;)
Best regards, Sefton

Jay

Practically Family
Hey Jitterbugdoll, that wouldn't happen to be the world war two weekend at Reading, PA now would it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy