Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your motorcycles!

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
Miztorif said:
8223_1166858784140_1608031714_409064_5620152_n.jpg

These are custom built made by the Nm/ntz motorcycles crew here in Bend Oregon.
8223_1166859464157_1608031714_409080_2569666_n.jpg

8223_1166860584185_1608031714_409108_6411278_n.jpg

Im hopin to get these guys to build me one! Though Id really rather have a Ural Retro.

Nice!

and the bikes aren't bad either ;)

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
Miss Bunny said:
Mine's not vintage but figured I'd share anyways... 2006 Road King Custom with Screaming Eagle engine upgrade. :)

motorcycle.jpg

Here in Knoxville is a locally owned shop called Biker Rags. They have lots of riding gear but also have some really cool vintage bikes with the stories that go with them. It's a neat place!

love the lines on the bike! simple but elegant.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
OBR 8

This is from the Sunday before last, just received the photo. More 60s meets the 00s, than fedora! It was at the Old Bike Run 8. It started at Golden Colorado and went up through the Rocky Mountains, now I remember why I live here! Long day, cold in the morning, still lots of snow in places, but good food and over 100 motorcycles, but not crowded, we were well spread out. Wasn't sure I would be allowed to ride since I was on my 2002 Sportster, turned out, no worries, every one liked the mods I did to it. Can't wait tell next year! Some of the riders I will see again this Saturday at the Colorado Norton Club picnic. Great bunch of riders!
me.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Sportster Cafe

This is my only running bike right now. It started as a 2002 Harley Davidson Sportster. As you can see I did a few mods to it. I built it to sell it, but it turned out to be to much fun to ride!
Sportster2.jpg
Sportster1.jpg
NoApes1.jpg

ron521

One of the Regulars
My 1991 883 Sportster, stock except for the slightly larger 3.1 gallon "King" tank, Supertrapp exhaust, and Prospect Hill air cleaner.

SportsterJune09.JPG

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
I had the stock 2.1 peanut tank swapped out for the larger 3.3 gallon version. Not only is my range increased but I think it's got a slightly different attitude now as well...

P1000424.jpg

babs

A-List Customer
Gents, as I'm "in between" scoots at the moment, I committed Harley blasphemy and test rode a metric.. And I'm all but sold.. Star Roadliner. 1900cc = 113 cubes! Single-pin crank, pushrod engine but that's where the similarity ends.. So it's got the sound, but add two more valves and one more spark plug per cylinder. That bike would flat out boogie woogie.. Something like 107 lb-ft at the wheel of torque. Absolute beast.

I would have to drop the rear 1 1/2" and rock some apes of some reasonable 14" range, but just add D&D slip-on and remap and I'd call the "S" model or Midnight model done!

With this weather.. I've got the bug bad.

Digging all these Sporties! Wish I wasn't a size 50 jacket and 255lbs.. I'd love a sporty but I'd fear I'd look like a bear riding a big wheel on one of those, or one of those Shriners riding a tricycle. hehe :) Sat on a Nightster and yeah she was a bit cramped. I shed a tear.

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
The Sportsters fit me best of all the Harleys. I've ridden a couple of big twins but I just didn't feel comfortable on them....

I'm 5'7" and a very athletic 185lbs.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Triumph

babs said:
Gents, as I'm "in between" scoots at the moment, I committed Harley blasphemy and test rode a metric.. And I'm all but sold.. Star Roadliner. 1900cc = 113 cubes! Single-pin crank, pushrod engine but that's where the similarity ends.. So it's got the sound, but add two more valves and one more spark plug per cylinder. That bike would flat out boogie woogie.. Something like 107 lb-ft at the wheel of torque. Absolute beast.

I would have to drop the rear 1 1/2" and rock some apes of some reasonable 14" range, but just add D&D slip-on and remap and I'd call the "S" model or Midnight model done!

With this weather.. I've got the bug bad.

Digging all these Sporties! Wish I wasn't a size 50 jacket and 255lbs.. I'd love a sporty but I'd fear I'd look like a bear riding a big wheel on one of those, or one of those Shriners riding a tricycle. hehe :) Sat on a Nightster and yeah she was a bit cramped. I shed a tear.
I have owned more Brit iron then any thing else over the years, but I love my Sportster with the clipons and rearsets, it is a Blast to ride, pun intended! I don't like the Japanese Harley's for the reasons you stated. Wish they would let the racing department at Honda lose to make a modern Sportster, overhead cams 8 valves, wouldn't that be fun to ride! I like the old transverse fours, there are some great cafes based on them on the internet, and built cheap! Have you tried some of the new Triumph's, lots of class, no oil leaks and the electrics work! I am working on a 2004 hardtail Bonneville for my own use right now, should brake up the sea of Harley choppers at any event.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails