Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your OVERCOATS

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here's a double breasted 'King coat', made for Harrods. I'm not familiar with Harrods labels so I don't know when this coat dates from. My guess would be 1950s/1960s:
picture-1_zps4d240360.jpg

picture-2_zps31e5425f.jpg

IMG_4595_zps11b706d3.jpg

IMG_4594_zpsb41a5c58.jpg

I found this in a vintage shop in Bournemouth for £20. Rather a nice price.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here's another new arrival. I'm not sure when it dates from, but I would guess 1950s. The Baracuta label isn't much help since I've seen the same label on much more modern coats. It's a lightweight wool British coat, made for Jothams in Cardiff. It is deadstock and has a fragment of the original label. The best bit: just £9.99 from Ebay. Considering how often people complain about there not being any larger sized vintage clothing available, this was on ebay for weeks without anyone bidding. I was the only bidder:
picture-1_zpsd9e1134a.jpg

picture-2_zps91998e90.jpg

IMG_4588_zps3165e6fb.jpg

IMG_4589_zps87870653.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Maybe the problem is people that there's a few people like me who buy almost anything in their size! Meaning anyone who hesitates loses out.

Alternatively, the complaints come from people who are large but aren't the right shape and proportions for vintage clothing.

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
Here's the most recent addition to my collection of overcoats, I'm assuming it is from the early 30s but I am keeping my mind open if you gents think otherwise.

tumblr_n5mk7aNmjp1qhhvpco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5mk7aNmjp1qhhvpco3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5mk7aNmjp1qhhvpco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5mk7aNmjp1qhhvpco4_1280.jpg

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
I also got this coat a couple months back, it shares a very similar cut the the last coat and is dated 1931. This coat is like walking around in the worlds most comfortable sleeping bag.

tumblr_n5ml0wpwjC1qhhvpco1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5ml0wpwjC1qhhvpco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5ml0wpwjC1qhhvpco3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n5ml0wpwjC1qhhvpco4_1280.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
The curly alpaca is an absolute dream. Well done.

Every home should have one!

Those coats make my recent two entries on this thread seem rather tame!!!!

Mr. Speakeasy

One of the Regulars
Your coats are classic though, and thus can be worn anywhere anytime and look distinguished. The curlpaca coat stands out like a sore thumb and looks a bit like a fuzzy bathrobe. That's not to say i don't love it however...

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Your coats are classic though, and thus can be worn anywhere anytime and look distinguished. The curlpaca coat stands out like a sore thumb and looks a bit like a fuzzy bathrobe. That's not to say i don't love it however...

That's one 'fuzzy bathrobe' I'd love to own!!!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Call me crazy but I miss winter and the overcoats we put away for six months..

I miss all the overcoats - so to speak - since I never see this thread: It gets lost among all those threads about the intricate details of leather jackets (and all the arguments that go along them)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana