Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your OVERCOATS

Luis

One of the Regulars
This used to be my dad's. Made in 1977 as shown in the tag, he hardly wore it and he has no need for it so he gave it to me. Hope it gets really cold this winter so It can see some use. It is almost in mint condition, a seam coming loose in the armpit lining, but not too bad for almost 40 years old. It actually feels great, you can really move around in this thing and not feel constrained at all, could be from the high arm holes. Purchased in Laredo, TX at a store called Joe Brand.
overcoat1.jpg overcoat2.jpg overcoat3.jpg overcoat5.jpg

Attachments

• overcoat1.jpg
    overcoat1.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 184
  • overcoat5.jpg
    overcoat5.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 194

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
I have the same overcoat, mine has the buttons showing. That Cunapac material is soft and warm! It's my favorite overcoat.
Is there a components tag with the blend? I'm guessing the camel means it's camelhair, at least in part.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
There were all kinds of names like that - Alpacama, Cunapac, Alpacuna, etc. that implied there was some Camel, Alpaca, Llama, Vicuna in the coat without directly stating it. Most were wool, maybe with some small portion. Lawsuits followed and most of those fabric makers had to change the names.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Recently added this to my stable of winter overcoats .
I paid $10.00 bucks for it at a thrift shop ,it actually cost me more to dryclean it than the cost of the coat itself !
Anyone have any idea on the age ,it cant be that old because it you look at the label there is a smaller tag that states " made in china " its a Kennith Cole, just wondering about the age and bought it because it has that "vintage" look about it and I liked the storm flap.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Ariel, great coat and it fits and suits you perfectly. Always do up the bottom button on overcoats - the rule about leaving the bottom button undone is for suits only.

Dinerman, thanks for being you. That polo coat made from "camacuna" is excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21