Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your photography

draws

Practically Family
Taken last evening just before sunset.
20180809_192348 small.jpg

The Necktie Guy

Familiar Face
Aw crap... I hope the milk hasn't spoiled... :oops: :eek:

A large dust storm hit Las Vegas on August 11 at approximately 9 PM PST. Power has been knocked out for over 5 hours. Well at least I still have Internet... :rolleyes:

The Strip stays lit up while this is happening. The Stratosphere is on the far left.
Terrible quality, but what can you do during an ongoing blackout?

It's 4 AM PST as of this post.

Update: Power came back at 6:33 AM PST, on August 12.

IgHLrHZ.jpg

DABQwY6.jpg

Last edited:

draws

Practically Family
Aw crap... I hope the milk hasn't spoiled... :oops: :eek:

A large dust storm hit Las Vegas on August 11 at approximately 9 PM PST. Power has been knocked out for over 5 hours. Well at least I still have Internet... :rolleyes:

The Strip stays lit up while this is happening. The Stratosphere is on the far left.
Terrible quality, but what can you do during an ongoing blackout?

It's 4 AM PST as of this post.

Update: Power came back at 6:33 AM PST, on August 12.

IgHLrHZ.jpg

DABQwY6.jpg
Can't imagine having to live through a dust storm. My wife would have a fit, being a cleaning person. =:)

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
We spent two weeks on Vancouver Island in July. I was posted to the RCN base there 2005 - 2008 and both girls born in Victoria, but neither of course remember anything. These are just some shots off my phone. The bulk of the pictures are either being developed (yes, you read that correctly) or still on the compact digital camera I used as well. More to follow as time allows.

First up, Harbour Seals, Oak Bay, Vancouver Island, British Columbia:

Vic1.jpg
Vic2.jpg

HanauMan

Practically Family
I took this photo near some ancient standing stones in an ancient landscape. I didn't see anything in the woods when I took this photo (though I could 'feel' the strangeness of the place) but when I looked at the image at home I could see an optical illusion to the right. Can you see the 'being'? The body is made up of shadows (including my own) and there is a demonic 'head' in the shrubs. The Romans believed in a Genius Loci, a spirit of a place. Perhaps, who knows........

ytt (1024x764).jpg

draws

Practically Family
I took this photo near some ancient standing stones in an ancient landscape. I didn't see anything in the woods when I took this photo (though I could 'feel' the strangeness of the place) but when I looked at the image at home I could see an optical illusion to the right. Can you see the 'being'? The body is made up of shadows (including my own) and there is a demonic 'head' in the shrubs. The Romans believed in a Genius Loci, a spirit of a place. Perhaps, who knows........

View attachment 131274
I see two images, one is a complete shadow but also a highlighted image with a strange screaming face in the shrubs above. Oh, how our imaginations can work !!!! =;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points