Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your photography

David Niles

New in Town
1c22260fa808d088b6d8416cad92dd74.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HanauMan

Practically Family
So many places I would still love to visit, Hanau being one of them

Really? Why?

Hanau is a blue collar town which had a large US army garrison at one point. I was actually born there as my father was stationed there when I came into the world. Not much really of note in good 'ol Hanau. The Grimm brothers (of the Grimm fairy stories) came from there, and it has some nice parks and a 17th century French style palace, and a river. Winters were cold, summers hot. I've been back a couple of times but more out of nostalgia; I have no family connections with the town otherwise.

Goldsmith Museum.
IMG_0023.jpg

The Dutch church (bombed in WWII, left as a memorial).
IMG_0008.jpg

Street scene near bus station.

IMG_0003.jpg

Landmark tower (water tower on road to Frankfurt).

IMG_0007.jpg

Town Hall, market day. Note the Brothers Grimm statue.

IMG_0017.jpg

The riverside path on a hot summers' day.

Fluss.jpg

draws

Practically Family
Really? Why?

Hanau is a blue collar town which had a large US army garrison at one point. I was actually born there as my father was stationed there when I came into the world. Not much really of note in good 'ol Hanau. The Grimm brothers (of the Grimm fairy stories) came from there, and it has some nice parks and a 17th century French style palace, and a river. Winters were cold, summers hot. I've been back a couple of times but more out of nostalgia; I have no family connections with the town otherwise.

Goldsmith Museum.
View attachment 129867

The Dutch church (bombed in WWII, left as a memorial).
View attachment 129868
Street scene near bus station.

View attachment 129869

Landmark tower (water tower on road to Frankfurt).

View attachment 129870
Town Hall, market day. Note the Brothers Grimm statue.

View attachment 129871

The riverside path on a hot summers' day.

View attachment 129872
Why? Because of the German architecture and your photos make my point. It is fascinating, regardless where one goes in Germany. Share as many and as often as possible.

HanauMan

Practically Family
I have long been a fan of the early photography of Alfred Stieglitz and took these photos as a homage to the early New York photographers like him. I like the graininess of these shots and the way it looks like they were shot thru gauze, giving them a dreamy timeless quality. (I was experimenting with APS film for these shots).

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk