Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your photography

Recently did a mini-series of photos recreating a couple Golden Age era photos buildings from around town:

zRmVUuB.jpg

jSCVCfK.jpg

5C2k1FI.jpg

DnUDU8u.jpg

f5Xdr0h.jpg

7FByb0J.jpg
Very cool. A fun project

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Golden Era wool mill maintenance workshop. All machinery is belt driven, wooden flooring.

full

Can’t wait for industrial museums to reopen, Zeche Zollern just finished their Jugendstil machine house when everything has been shut down.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Very cool. A fun project

Thanks! I'd love to do more, but Golden Era photos of my area are extremely difficult to come by. There's a few more I have available from a book I was able to purchase of old postcard photos of my county, but most of the photos in there showed areas that have since been developed beyond recognition. The reference photos I have here I took from the local historical society webpage.

I do recall a reference book of my county available from my high school library that had a ton of great photos in there, as well as town history, but I've never been able to track down another copy.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
ktz1Qsj.jpg

Red-tailed hawk pair:
J07Jg7E.jpg

Thanks! I'd love to do more, but Golden Era photos of my area are extremely difficult to come by. There's a few more I have available from a book I was able to purchase of old postcard photos of my county, but most of the photos in there showed areas that have since been developed beyond recognition. The reference photos I have here I took from the local historical society webpage.

I do recall a reference book of my county available from my high school library that had a ton of great photos in there, as well as town history, but I've never been able to track down another copy.
Of course, right after I wrote this, I found a large cache of photos on the local historical society Facebook page...
syBg4EK.jpg

GmJKRdu.jpg

BcL0n9t.jpg

AZHDR9O.jpg

EV5N2qb.jpg

w5sLYfk.jpg

Herb Roflcopter

One of the Regulars
This is a sidewalk in Missouri:
Bluesidewalk-XL.jpg

Although I should clarify: This is part of a welcoming station for tourists, so naturally it's a bit more beauteous than the rest of the state's typical sidewalks.

Oh, just a side question for the photographers out there: Do we not have a thread devoted to sky pictures? I searched, but didn't find anything- but didn't want to start a new thread if one already exists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ