Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
AlanC said:
...not sure if it was an advisable purchase or not.

addc_1.JPG

b7d6_1.JPG

Cool jacket! So, how do you like or dislike it?

Slim Portly

One Too Many
thunderw21 said:
Very nice. I graduated 25 years ago and I still wish I had bought a varsity jacket. You plan on doing anything to it, like maybe get some patches?

The Shooman

Practically Family
The Shooman said:
Black Church's monk. lt's a tough old rascal (built really strong). Fits nice. Not as good as my older Church's monks. l got this to replace my broken Church's monk (old black one on 73) with a newer styled model. Never pretty, but smart reliable shoos. Nothing feels like Church's.....they have a unique feel. The shoes still retain some special elements that are Church's hallmarks (hard and strong). lt's a wholegrain shoo.

paste a pic later........

PIC_0003-4.jpg

The Church's have the most beautiful stitched aloft soles l have seen.
PIC_0006-3.jpg

PIC_0004-4.jpg

Bourbon Guy

A-List Customer
The Shooman said:
Black Church's monk. lt's a tough old rascal (built really strong). Fits nice. Not as good as my older Church's monks. l got this to replace my broken Church's monk (old black one on 73) with a newer styled model. Never pretty, but smart reliable shoos. Nothing feels like Church's.....they have a unique feel. The shoes still retain some special elements that are Church's hallmarks (hard and strong). lt's a wholegrain shoo.

paste a pic later........

Loved Church's shoes, but they were a bear during the break-in. After that, like another skin that lasted a long time. Take into account how long they lasted, the most economical shoes I ever bought. Buying cheap is expensive.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Cool trousers, DM.

thunderw21 said:

Funny you should ask. I've pretty much decided to sell it. I just don't think it's me, and I have so much outerwear already. It's in very nice shape, though. I'll probably stick it in Classifieds once I get a chance to take a few pics.

And Shooman, the maker on those gator saddles is Footjoy, an American maker primarily known for their golf shoes. They're about at Allen Edmonds level. The gator saddles are great, though.

Love the FAMs, the Church's aren't my favorite.

The Shooman

Practically Family
AlanC said:

Thanks, FAM's are great! Church's are amazing quality (nice thick strong subtle leather)....they excite me alot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lt was a lucky day today.

Just happened to drop by a special shoo shop on the way to a friends. Was absolutely amazed to find out that Trickers were 85% off the usual price. l hardly ever get stuiff on discount, yet l did today. l'm rapt. lnternational trade breakdowns caused massive discounts (that's all i'm saying). The Trickers was the tan mock toe that l bought 6 months ago. l've only worn the first pair for 6 hours.....i'll probably give it to a friend (l always offer to buy Trickers and Church's for my dad, but he always refuses).

A friend gave me a luxury silk/wool fully canvassed sportscoat (Chester Barry for Burberry), back when Burberry had good clothes. After $500 of tailoring by one of the worlds best tailors, it will look immaculate.

Went to my first thrift shop today. l picked up two Harris tweed sportscoats. Not as nice as the 3 l bought at retail stores, but still real decent. One of them is brand new.

Late edit: the brown tweed is very very nice. Won't need much tailoring at all. Looks respectable...even as RTW. Excellent sleeve pitch, only the collar needs a re-cut.

Dr Doran

The Shooman said:
Thanks, FAM's are great! Church's are amazing quality (nice thick strong subtle leather)....they excite me alot.

lol lol I see. Now we understand your great love of shoes.:p :p :eek:

The Shooman

Practically Family
AlanC said:

l'd prefer Church's over Grenson masterpieces or C&J handgrade anyday. Sure i've bagged Church's in the past (bad experiences with ruining the beautifully grain corrected leather), but those shoos are totally superior to any C&J and Grenson ANYDAY! They are comfy and l feel like a king while wearing them. They are worth the extra price. No wonder the legendary Ken Pollock favours them. Even `leatherman' at ACCC has said that that his top sources say that they last longer than C&J.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
I'm really looking forward to these. They're Korea era Australian, apparently. I love the details.
9e4b_1.jpg

99c6_1.jpg

a01a_1.jpg

Dman, These pants from OZ are excellent! Can you tell us more about them? I really like the trews as well.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Footwear

Cole Haan saddle shoes:
Picture%20036.jpg
Picture%20041.jpg

Florsheim Imperial Monkstrap brogue:
48d6_1.JPG

Florsheim Shell Cordovan Imperial Oxfords:
161709707_o.jpg
161709731_o.jpg

Faconnable brown split toe Oxfords:
0911_4%20155.jpg
0911_4%20158.jpg
0911_4%20160.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
carter said:
Dman, These pants from OZ are excellent! Can you tell us more about them? I really like the trews as well.

Still waiting on them. They had to ship to Maryland, and then ship from Maryland up to me, so they're on their way. Once they're here, full details will follow. They've just got so many cool little details.
I got a second pair as well. That auction showed them being worn.
They should be in the same package that's coming from MD.

167703468_o.jpg

167703480_o.jpg

167703500_o.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I have a pair of those Australian BD trousers- 1953 dated.
They are nice- I removed the thigh pocket from mine and was thinking of dyeing them. They are indeed nicely styled and the high waist and deep waistband are classic. The cloth is quite fine, compared to wartime Commonwealth BD.
I'm sure you'll enjoy them.

B
T

Dr Doran

Carter, I like the split toes a lot. Always liked that style. I don't see people wearing them much on the Lounge, though.

Dinerman, those are KD, yes?

I ask since northern Europe seems to have been flooded recently in these, which appear to be the jacket partners of those trousers. (they are all over every surplus store and market in London, and i just directed a certain doctor from staffordshire to one on sale on eBay.fr)

AussieIke1.jpg
AussieIke4.jpg

Or rather, maybe the drill cotton i see on your label pic is just the pocket lining.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred