Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

carter

I'll Lock Up
Hello Ladies!

I just purchased a pair of Redwing work boots made for J Crew on ebay for $119.00 + shipping.
175377585_tp.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=013

[huh] I know someone here will appreciate these. ;) :)

marineabilly

A-List Customer
My newest pair of "snap jacks." I have about five or six of them - a couple of originals and some from Jubilee. They're original and deadstock. They were a bit dusty, but a nice Marine Corps spit shine with saddle soap did the trick...

Before:
Before.jpg

...and after:
After.jpg

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Just purchased another pair of shoes, in brown kid.

shoesmens-00015-02.jpg

These shoes are the most comfortable things imaginable, and are long lived. My black pair are twenty years old and are on their third pair of soles.

Feraud

Bartender
vitanola said:
Just purchased another pair of shoes, in brown kid.

shoesmens-00015-02.jpg

These shoes are the most comfortable things imaginable, and are long lived. My black pair are twenty years old and are on their third pair of soles.
Brand?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Yes, they are Stacy Adams. My old ones, made in Brockton, MA, have proved to be extremely durable. We shall reserve judgement regarding these new Indian products. they certainly appear to be made on the same lasts as the old shoes.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Just received the new pair. Whilst they are ever bit as as comfortable as the old ones, the construction doesn't hold a candle to them.

The old ones were built like $4.75 shoes from 1926. The new ones are built like $2.00 shoes form 1926. I cannot imagine that they will be nearly as long lived
as my old pair.:(

HatMagnet

Familiar Face
marineabilly said:
My newest pair of "snap jacks." I have about five or six of them - a couple of originals and some from Jubilee. They're original and deadstock. They were a bit dusty, but a nice Marine Corps spit shine with saddle soap did the trick...

Before:

...and after:
After.jpg

Those look great! :eusa_clap

Jerekson

One Too Many
Hey BK, a month late I know, but if these are still floating around...any tips on finding them? What should I search for?

Baron Kurtz said:
Dinerman, those are KD, yes?

I ask since northern Europe seems to have been flooded recently in these, which appear to be the jacket partners of those trousers. (they are all over every surplus store and market in London, and i just directed a certain doctor from staffordshire to one on sale on eBay.fr)

AussieIke1.jpg
AussieIke4.jpg

Or rather, maybe the drill cotton i see on your label pic is just the pocket lining.

bk

SteveS

New in Town
1920's Mens Scarf

I found this scarf in an antique shop, the owner advised me that it was a men's scarf from the 1920's made of silk and wool.

100_0690.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
SteveS said:
I found this scarf in an antique shop, the owner advised me that it was a men's scarf from the 1920's made of silk and wool.
Indeed it is. That would be an opera scarf. What a terrific find.

SteveS

New in Town
Slim Portly said:
Indeed it is. That would be an opera scarf. What a terrific find.

Thanks for the additional information slim! Who can tell me how are scarves of this kind suppose to be worn, folded in half lengthwise then placed around the neck, or left unfolded?

SteveS

New in Town
New overcoat I found a few days ago at a thrift store wool/cashmere blend. My sister picked up the fedora for me as well about two week ago. The hat, a Stetson, is nothing fancy and a bit worn on the inside but the outside is in great shape, makes for a great everyday lid.

100_0704.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters