Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

marineabilly

A-List Customer
Size 7

5127_1.JPG

5189_1.JPG

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Ken"Hollywood" said:
Dorfman Pacific Scala Classic Hat - Black I couldnt pass it up for US $12.99. :eusa_clap will make a nice every day hat, nutural color.

scala3.jpg

scala6.jpg

:eek: I LOVE that hat!!! Lucky you!

The Shooman

Practically Family
You know, l first hot excited about 50's and 60's shoes when l was a kid. Always wanted to see an unworn pair from that era but never had the chance to see it. That wanting always stuck with me until this very day. l would always watch the old films just to see the shoos. Later on..when video's come in, l was known to tape the old movies...just in case there was a shoo scene. The old Westerns were great too; lots of fights and guys rolling on the ground...lots of good boot shots that could be paused on video (that was before clothing forums....that's all l had to go by). l did wear my grandfathers 70 year old shoos at Uni (1910's or something); problem was that l got pissed [one night] and they got burnt in the campfire. ****. :mad: (still have them though).

l have checked ebay for a very very long time. l've never been able to get my size in the old Florshiems, always been too narrow. Basically l thought all the regular sizes had been snatched up and there was never ever a hope of owning a Nettleton pebblegrain longwing or a Florshiem pebble longwing. lt crushed me.....boy was l jealous of Alan C having his beauty. Band-aid colour pebble grain Nettleton longwing! Even more perfect than this old Florshiem.

Well.....

had a bloke that accidently stumbled onto a pair by accident. He found an 8D for me. lt fits perfect mate!!! Don't ask where it came from, yet.

Check out these pics. Unbelievable!!!
Mylongwings5-1-1.jpg

Mylongwings7-1.jpg

lnside pic didn't work for the sole so l did an outside job.
Mylongwings6-1.jpg

All leather lining. The uppers will need some freshing up. l'm going to be an i-gent and not wear them for 1 year. l'll never see them made like this again, so l might as well soak it up before the soles are lost forever.

Alan C has the best gunboats (Nettleton...style wise), but mine aren't too far behind mate.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Shooman said:
All leather lining. The uppers will need some freshing up. l'm going to be an i-gent and not wear them for 1 year. l'll never see them made like this again, so l might as well soak it up before the soles are lost forever.

Alan C has the best gunboats (Nettleton...style wise), but mine aren't too far behind mate.

Those are certainly in the same league as my Nettletons. I have a pair of Florsheims like those, too, although mine weren't NOS like yours (and my Nettletons). Gorgeous shoes, Shooman--congratulations! Be sure you do wear them, though. They've been kept all this time in pristine condition just for you.

---

I picked up this Shetland cardigan on sale at Brooks Brothers yesterday. The contrast cuffs and elbow patches really make it. This is a pic of the same model sweater taken by someone else:

dscn2402of3.jpg

The Shooman

Practically Family
l'll just say one thing Alan....your Nettleton gunboats are the best l have ever seen. l truely mean that too. Sure the European bespoke models are brilliant, but the American styles are quaint and most beautiful to my eyes. No-one does longwings like the Americans, l am very very greatful. . Longwing gunboats are shoes to punish and not be overly nice too. lol

Yes, parts of the uppers are dry so l will be gradually adding Collil.ol cream (lanelin based) *spelling bad* and maybe Saphir. The only two products l use.

The Shooman

Practically Family
What years would the Florshiem be? What year did Florshiem stop making all-leather heals? 62/63??

l'll probably contact Florshiem. l'd really love to know the date of Alan's too.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Michaelshane said:
I just recently bought a pair of brown and a pair of black in 8D for 10.00,slightly used but beautiful.One of my best finds ever.Goodwill.
That's a sweet deal, Michaelshane. Will there be pictures?

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Some studs and a stud box, "A stud in the box is worth two under the bed" :D

Some of the studs and links I already had, some came with the box. It had several odd cufflinks, too, which is too bad because a couple of them I would have liked if they had a twin.

DSC09043.jpg

DSC09044.jpg

cufflinkmaniac

A-List Customer
Nick D said:
Some studs and a stud box, "A stud in the box is worth two under the bed" :D

Some of the studs and links I already had, some came with the box. It had several odd cufflinks, too, which is too bad because a couple of them I would have liked if they had a twin.

DSC09043.jpg

DSC09044.jpg

I saw that on eBay. I though about bidding, but decided not to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters