Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

sproily

Practically Family
Feraud said:
Not that I do not have enough two tone shoes but am considering these -
1249771585.jpg

1249771483.jpg

Thoughts?

Are you kidding me? You actually have those kinds of shoes in a shoe store?

No way would that happen in Finland.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
AlanC said:
Sweaters from thrift and ebay:

Shetland, made in Ireland:
img0673pm.jpg

Cashmere, made in England:
img0655by.jpg

I've been on the hunt for a shawl collar cardigan:
img0730eg.jpg

Great scores. Those Irish and English sweaters are good counterparts to the caps I recently got (made in the same places). And that shawl collar number is very, very good looking. :eusa_clap

repeatclicks

Practically Family
volatile said:
...and I've never seen one in small! They all seem built for the larger guy!

This one was too big for me, in the chest and sleeves (but the shoulders were good and so was the sleeve length), so I had it tailored and it fits brilliantly. Ive seen about 4 Gauchos sell on ebay in a Small in the past month! To be fair, they all sold for over $100...

Sportswear of 50s was meant to fit looser though, particularly in the chest. Are you going to Rhythm Riot this year? Endless stalls of clothing there...

sproily

Practically Family
The only shoes you can get in Finland are the ones that are trendy.

You know, in womens shoes it means those horrible creased boots... Ugh

Wash In Lux

One of the Regulars
repeatclicks said:
Did you get a good price for it, may I ask? Im always curious as gauchos always seem to fetch a high price.

If I remember right, I got around $150 for it. Pretty sure I did a "Buy It Now" and it was gone within 24 hours. I had another gab two tone gaucho that was mint that went for $175. Seems like a lot for a shirt but, it's not like you can waltz on down to Macy's and pick one of these up. With vintage (and everything else in free market capitalism), it's worth what the market will pay. Ebay's funny. Sometimes I get fair market value, sometimes much more than I expected, often much less. Last month I sold a DB suit, probably '39-'42, it went for $31.00. Off to Japan. A suit for $31! I also had a deadstock 60's suit listed last month. Probably '64-'65ish. It was a really cool greenish-blue. Still had the tags and everything, even the original price tag of $44.95. It sold for $52.99. So much for inflation!

repeatclicks

Practically Family
I think I may list this one myself. It fits like a true medium, and Im a small. I stood in front of the mirror for ages with it, and it aint me. However, Ive got a deadstock baby blue/navy blue gaucho from Puritan that its a true beaut, and fits like one too. Oh well, win some lose some.

volatile

A-List Customer

volatile

A-List Customer
repeatclicks said:
This one was too big for me, in the chest and sleeves (but the shoulders were good and so was the sleeve length), so I had it tailored and it fits brilliantly. Ive seen about 4 Gauchos sell on ebay in a Small in the past month! To be fair, they all sold for over $100...

Sportswear of 50s was meant to fit looser though, particularly in the chest. Are you going to Rhythm Riot this year? Endless stalls of clothing there...

If I went, I'd bankrupt myself! ;)

volatile said:
312498734_o.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220497267708&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I'd been looking for some heavier shirts for winter and scored this on ebay, listed as "VTG MENS 1930s WOOL SHIRT".... I didn't check the images closely enough and failed to notice that it buttons the wrong way - that is, left over right rather than the right-over-left you'd expect if this really were a guy's shirt.

Should I keep it, or sell it on?

Who is really going to notice nowadays? ;) :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner