Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
First a closer picture of my new waistcoat that some may already seen in "What are you wearing today??"

Waistcoat_zps5b9023e3.jpg

Then today I found this, it isn't as old as some clothes seen on this forum, generally when asking it's age I got the answer it's from 50's, one said 60's and one went as old as 30's-40's. It isn't made out of as thick wool as most old morning coats are, neither it isn't as thin as modern coats are. Still it is going to work during hot summer days, and I'm going to replace the buttons with damask woven ones to give it a better look.

MorningCoat_zps1463a372.jpg

MorningCoatBack_zps4270e87f.jpg

MorningCoatLapels_zps2da1874e.jpg

MorningCoatTag_zpsb9fc72e6.jpg

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
Just picked up a Beautiful Chocolate Brown blazer; Dorman Winthrop by Givenchy, at the Good-Will today. A Real Steal! I'm posting up three pictures of it, though my camera stinks at the moment.....Ironic that. Anyway! Yay! I tried it out with a pink striped shirt, the maroon and powder blue Glenn-plaid on ecru tie from this morning, gray flannel trousers, and my trusty Harris tweed cap and assorted gold jewelry to match the buttons.....Oh, and an orange pocket scarf with wine coloured stripes!

Considering trying out the new blazer with tan Glenn-plaid trousers, or perhaps just cavalry twill in a wide-legged model?

1214121549_zps7837813e.jpeg

Full length shot, over-all silhouette; lean! Excellent....Hahaha!
1214121550_zps3cc550ea.jpeg

Close up shot, lapels look Great, but the detailing stinks on this camera!
1214121551_zpsf037d4df.jpeg

You can actually see the details of the fabric of the tie here and the G motif on the brass buttons!

One more thing.....I'm thinking a navy or royal blue tie with small pink neat single paisleys (a foulard motif) would perhaps look better with this ensemble? And....Even better yet with those lighter coloured trousers I was thinking of.....What do you think?

Last edited:

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
A tad poor quality of pictures considering that I don't have any batteries available now to my digital camera so I had to use my mobile phone.

This old (30-40's maybe) odd jacket with peaked lapels. No labels or anything. My vintage collection just keeps growing and growing! :D

Jacket_zps9bae44df.jpg

JacketLapels_zps21c4a522.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I got these NOS/ deadstock British made 'BOSTON' sock garters recently very reasonably in a charity shop, don't think I'll ever wear them but for £3 I couldn't pass them up;
s30dnm.jpg

I also got the two pair of gloves on the same day at a different charity shop at £1.99 each pair which I think was a decent buy, first the 'REYNOLDS & KENT LTD' pair dated 1967 and with very little wear, even better they are a perfect fit and well made with gussets between the fingers;
2mo5jc8.jpg
72puaa.jpg
10icld5.jpg
3519weo.jpg

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Next is the pair of DENTS another British company still going to this day which I am sure most of you will know, not sure of the date on these but they apper 'old', again a perfect fit and both pair are quite supple, these however could do with a clean I think as are a little grubby from storage as I don't think they've ever been worn?
av2zcm.jpg
kd7rj8.jpg
s49dg1.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
very heavy tweed hunting trousers:

L1040733.jpg

L1040735.jpg

... with unusual printed waist lining:

L1040734.jpg

deadstock motorcycle 'jodhpurs' :

L1040730.jpg

L1040731.jpg

this is pretty much the dream heavyweight salt n pepper twill workwear fabric as far as i'm concerned.
would love to find a few unused metres:

L1040732.jpg

battleaxe_whipcord.jpg

Last edited:

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
TT, they are both from US ebay, buy-it-nows.

not sure how or when i'll wear them to be honest. probably just for cycling to begin with (having said that i'm wearing the second pair right now and really like them).

i have quite a few pairs of jodhpur / hunting / plus four trousers which i don't wear, but which will serve as design inspiration for my own made pair.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
They're both great, the second pair look to be made out of very similar material to the Swedish ex army jacket/shirts and trousers available on UK Ebay, the first pair rock and I'd wear them in a flash especially for cycling at 'tweed run' events!

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Jodhpurs! They look great, I myself have a pair of one's from NVA. :D

Long boots? What about knee length socks? Would it been acceptable back in the days?

I tried to find pictures but didn't really find any. Seems like that in most countries they were associated with the military unlike in Finland where they were pants for the working man. There were suits with jodhpurs!

saapaspuku-1936.jpg

Good both for every-day use and for holidays!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
HBK: that kid's cap is absolutely fantastic. You should post that in 'The Cap Faction' and try to inspire one of the lounge's capmakers to make a copy of that. i could imagine it being very popular.

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
Also ankle boots with long puttees - not the short WW2 and post-war type - in either olive drab/brown or blue would work well. They're great in the winter.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Yes it is a nice cap TT its an 8 Dart with a band around the cap at the sweatband then the crown starting above that. I will post it in the cap faction thread credit to HK.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters