Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
From the same vintage dealer in So. SF, City Vintage. my bf Tom's second pair of Hollywood waist trousers also bought as a birthday gift from me, these are a midnight blue/black colouration:

over exposed but shows the weave detail well:

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
1950's Overcoat I bought at a salvation army for a bargain at $14.99. Excellent condition too!
CIMG5016_zps66c99d2e.jpg

CIMG5017_zps3880d44b.jpg

CIMG5018_zpseee06eb4.jpg

Union tag oddly has "suit" instead of "garment" on it.
CIMG5019_zps7788586d.jpg

DamianM

Vendor
You would be happy here in LA
there is one overcoat a thrift store here. all in perfect shape and under 15 dollars.
I just pick up the really interesting fabrics or really really well made ones.

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
You would be happy here in LA
there is one overcoat a thrift store here. all in perfect shape and under 15 dollars.
I just pick up the really interesting fabrics or really really well made ones.
I've noticed there are more bargain prices for vintage menswear the farther west you go. When I went to Milwaukee Wisconsin in 2011 I practically bought something in every vintage store I went into the prices were so good!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Picked up today; two 1930s ties, one cream colored early 1940s l/s gabardine shirt, one pale lime green linen/cotton s/s shirt, one cravat, one scarf, and a set of formal suspenders. Will post pics soon.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
From CityVintage. Vintage gabardine shirt. It looks lighter here, but its actually a light yellow colour.

This style of shirt reminds of this as shown on Stewart Granger:

Last edited:

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
jazz drummer design light lime green cotton/linen shirt by The Havanera Co. found at the Salvation Army across the street from my vintage dealers! Decided that if it didn't fit either my Bf Tom or my teenage son Daniel- that I was keeping it!

bongos on the left sleeve edge:

closeups of embroidery:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Todays finds, a R.Horn of Vienna manicure/grooming part set ...not sure of age? - I couldn't find a relevant section for this so it's here!
There was a mark on the front which I have all but managed to polish out, it's still there but you can hardly see it now.
Photo is the before, all item's appear quality and hardly if at all used inside, Wilkinson sword scissors, Pfeilring file and cuticle dresser,there's a few bits missing but it will be fun to find them and put it all back together?
353a6bd.jpg
a1r954.jpg

fasteners are PRYM though zip is a brass YKK item,
29bevcm.jpg
xn9oxi.jpg

v4sbb4.jpg

Tommy

One of the Regulars
a pair of cream colored wool trousers with a NRA recovery act code label (which I managed to make indistinguishable when I applied the Woolite). However, it dates between 1933-35. They fit, and they cleaned up beautifully...

according to the vintage fashion guild - The NRA Blue Eagle label dates from 1933-1935 only. It was a voluntary program covering many consumer goods and was initiated by FDR. It was declared unconstitutional in 1935. This is the famous ‘Blue Eagle’ Label, seen only 1933-35 in USA. This label can be very handy for dating 1930s garments, accessories and even patterns. the label sample is from the guild website.

Last edited:

DamianM

Vendor
a pair of cream colored wool trousers with a NRA recovery act code label (which I managed to make indistinguishable when I applied the Woolite). However, it dates between 1933-35. They fit, and they cleaned up beautifully...

according to the vintage fashion guild - The NRA Blue Eagle label dates from 1933-1935 only. It was a voluntary program covering many consumer goods and was initiated by FDR. It was declared unconstitutional in 1935. This is the famous ‘Blue Eagle’ Label, seen only 1933-35 in USA. This label can be very handy for dating 1930s garments, accessories and even patterns. the label sample is from the guild website.

Nice. Everyone on here wants a pair of those cream flannels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn