Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

Broccoli

One of the Regulars
a pair of cream colored wool trousers with a NRA recovery act code label (which I managed to make indistinguishable when I applied the Woolite). However, it dates between 1933-35. They fit, and they cleaned up beautifully...

...What size are they? I'll give you the double price that you got them for ;)

Tommy

One of the Regulars
...What size are they? I'll give you the double price that you got them for ;)

They measure 37 x 32. Got 'em for $8.00. They had some marks/stains, and wasn't too sure if they'd come out, but they did. I'll post a picture of them when I get them back. I sent them out to be pressed...

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
L1040765_zpsedc9d6d8.jpg

L1040766_zps5c30e013.jpg

i have no idea what the original use of this jumper was, but it's dated 1928 and looks military, prison or sport.
anyone seen one before ???

nice sweater. Hmm, an undershirt maybe? Prison gear with no broad arrows anywhere?

I don't know what it is, but I would not think prison gear. Is it even British? The label form:

Single crown
Letters/numbers
Date

is much more like a Danish than a British label.

My own guess is that this is Danish military issue. Lots of it around. Compare this label/stamp:

669686076_tp.jpg

bk

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Baron, thanks, it may very well be Danish. wouldn't fancy it as an undershirt though... it's pretty thick, you might be imagining something thinner from the photos.
i did wonder about hospital / convalescence too.

alsendk

A-List Customer
nice sweater. Hmm, an undershirt maybe? Prison gear with no broad arrows anywhere?

I don't know what it is, but I would not think prison gear. Is it even British? The label form:

Single crown
Letters/numbers
Date

is much more like a Danish than a British label.

My own guess is that this is Danish military issue. Lots of it around. Compare this label/stamp:

669686076_tp.jpg

bk

I also believe it to be danish, though I Have never seen this kind of clothing in use in the military....more likely a prison shirt ?

The backpack shown on your picture BK stands for: FKF = Forsvarets Krigsmateriel Forvaltning.....can more or likely be translated into: military munitions management

Tommy

One of the Regulars
The provenance of this jacket is from the estate of an individual who was in some sort of music band (marching?) or something along those lines in Philadelphia, probably around late fifties/early sixties. It's such a cool looking jacket, I'm going to use it for parties and just goofing around. I believe it is cotton. I believe there might be three or four more smaller. This jacket is a 43 with a 32-3/4 length.

The label is Harry Brookstein Men's Shop Philadelphia PA.

here's the ruins of the tailor shop that made the jacket.

earl

A-List Customer
Earl, now that is cool!!!
Nobody in the family ever mentioned his classmates. So, first time I looked through the annual and saw photos of Eisenhower and Bradley, was quite surprised. His first commission out of the Point was serving with General Pershing chasing Pancho Villa around the border. Wished I could have met him. Earl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn