Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

sproily

Practically Family
2444848.jpg

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
New Satchel (It's not a purse, it's European!)

I just posted this in another thread, but I'm excited about my recent purchase. I bought it in Guatemala for $20. It's nice, sturdy leather, and I'll be using it on an upcoming trip to Italy. I don't think I could pull it off in the States, at least not here in Lansing!

It's kind of hard to tell the size from the picture, but it's about 8 x 11 inches. It's the perfect size when out and about in a city, but a little small for everyday work stuff (and a little too close to an American woman's purse).

1-3.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
My wife and I each got something at an estate sale today. Unfortunately, mine doesn't fit - but it was too cool to pass up.

wife's blouse
DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

1927 sweater
DSC_0015-2.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

sproily

Practically Family
27032010542.jpg

27032010543.jpg

The chain 5€, collar bars 2€ a pop

27032010540.jpg

27032010541.jpg

the watch is something that's easily disposable. Something I wont have to care too much for. Intended for everyday use.

volatile

A-List Customer
stevechasmar said:
I've been looking for a vintage frames like these for ages, and now finally found a pair, courtesy of one of my favorite ebay sellers. I spent way too much on them, but knew I would kick myself if I missed out. I will get these fitted with bifocals -- the old fashioned type with a line through the lens. I tried the new bifocals -- those ones where the bifocal lens is invisible -- but they don't work for me.

The brand is SRO Styl-Rite and they were made in the USA.

metalframes.jpg

My word; they're beautiful. Beautiful.

Stoneface

New in Town
Finding something vintage in my sizes, in Germany, not to mention at my low budget - is nearly impossible.
So I can only try to go retro or "vintage inspired".

A friend of mine had the idea that I should start looking for hats at second hand stores and so I tried.

Found 13 ties and 10 of them were silk. Three ties are already gifted.
287kf8y.jpg

Not all of them are suited for the retro look but one day I will have the right suits for them too.
My absolute favorite is the fifth from the left.

I also found some rarities that are slowly coming back - waistcoats!
As I was looking for a waistcoat for my first suit a few months ago they were nearly non-existent - no matter of any size.
Luckily a shop could get one in the right size from another branch.
Since it was kingsize it wasn`t 40 Euro no it was 50 Euro.

And at the two second hand shops I found these two:

2yo1o47.jpg

A mix of new wool and polyester with a grey back.
Size 29.

2v7ym92.jpg

Grey pure virgin wool in the front and black polyester in the back.
Size 56 but it fits perfect.
The right pocket is still stitched up. lol

kf0gnq.jpg

A polyester sportsjacket by Henry Morell (Karstadt brand) in UPS brown with beige pinstripes.
Although size 58 the arms are long enough!
Good cut and comfortable.
Needs some stains removed and a ironing treatment.

And for this sports jacket I bought this stretch-trouser (polyester/new wool) at a C&A outlet store where they sell apparel with minor faults:
2uiep1e.jpg

Size 58, just 23 Euro.

Would go well with brown shoes and my grey flatcap (got no grey hat at the moment).

At the second hand shops I spent a bit over 20 Euro. :cool:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
cookie said:
No. Lotusse use corrected grain I believe even though a highly rated shoe on the international level.

From an interview with a Lottusse exec:

Q:Lottusse works with the very best leather. Tell us about your environmental credentials.

A:Leather is a key part of creating a Lottusse product. That’s why we only work with the world’s best tanners and leather producers. Our materials go through a meticulous screening process to safeguard both the animals and the environment. It’s part of our social commitment and the way we understand our art. Lottusse controls everything from where the leather comes from to how it is made and even the breeding process, and it only works with approved suppliers. We are one of a handful of brands to use genuine cordovan and we are very exacting about the whole selection process, and that includes not just our leather, but our soles, our thread and our linings."

[huh]

grundie

One of the Regulars
I found this bag in Marks and Spencer and quite liked to the look of it. It may be brand new, but I struggle to find real vintage stuff and beggars can't be choosers.

GPzkil.jpg

The buckles are fake, the actual fasteners are magnetic studs. However, it would appear that they can be converted. The image below shows that simply glueing/stitching the stud in to position and removing a few stitches on the strap would turn the fake buckles in to real ones. I wonder if the designers intentioned that?

RI0rbl.jpg

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Just got these ties I ordered from American Vintage. They green and blue ties are from the 1920's and the red one is from around 1950. The green one is 100% virgin wool, the whine colored one is knit and the last one which is deadstock and has the origional cardboard tag is silk satin.
CIMG0468.jpg

CIMG0469.jpg

GoldenEraFan said:
Just got these ties I ordered from American Vintage. They're all from the 1920's. The green one is 100% virgin wool, the whine colored one is knit and the last one which is deadstock and has the origional cardboard tag is silk satin.
CIMG0468.jpg

CIMG0469.jpg

I beg to differ but the patent number on the middle one dates it to 1950 at the latest. The patent was filed on February 28, 1948 but it isn't a patent pending, it has a definite patent number.
patents

If the picture doesn't work, check it out at:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=su...=gbs_selected_pages&cad=1#v=onepage&q&f=false

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
I beg to differ but the patent number on the middle one dates it to 1950 at the latest. The patent was filed on February 28, 1948 but it isn't a patent pending, it has a definite patent number.
patents

If the picture doesn't work, check it out at:
http://www.google.com/patents?id=su...=gbs_selected_pages&cad=1#v=onepage&q&f=false
Well, the website had that tie listed under the 1920's section. It's fine though, it's still from the golden era, and I've been wanting a square knit tie for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80