Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! Everything came from eBay. I don't have a digital camera, so I hardly ever get around to taking pictures of the rest of my collection...

The first and third hats were actually inexpensive bases that women would buy from a store like Woolworth's and trim as they saw fit. The white one sitll has the original price tag of .25 on it!

I also bought these on eBay--I am thrilled to finally have a green pair of shoes! It took forever to find a pair in my size that didn't sell for $300+:rolleyes:
47_1.JPG

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I don't have pics, but like a heathen I went to the mall and got some cute tops that can pass very easily for 30's beachwear at Forever 21. They have the cutest silk blend striped tanks with a belt and little buttons at the center of the chest for only about $15. They also have lots of button up shirts that can pass for 30's and 40's in sheer cottons, just look for the ones with the longer sleeves. If you're brave, you should go check it out. :D

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I've heard Forever 21 has cute vintage-y outfits...I skimmed their Web site and they do have a lot of 30s-40s-influenced blouses right now (I hear selection varies widely from store to store, though.) A couple of seasons ago I got the greatest 30s-inspired crinkle crepe blouse at New York and Co. It has a capelet effect and I wear it with a vintage belt and wide-leg trousers during the summer :)

Lauren

Oh! It's a little compact with an "L" on the top :) I only have a couple little compacts, and I thought this one was so cute and it was under $5 and by Elgin!

Lauren

Thanks! I have a thing for 20's/30's costume patterns... and I really thought the dresses looked quite a bit like Fortuny gowns!

That pattern is TOO cute! Oh my, I have such a strange vintage trouser obscession.... And that adorable little jacket! Pretty please post pictures when you have made them up!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Those faces are beautiful, Jitterbugdoll. They remind me of those little head figurines. Does anyone know what those were used for originally? I have been thinking about picking up one (or two) to hold my make-up brushes in.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jitterbugdoll said:
Only $60--it was a steal :)
:eek: AMAZING!

I recently got a vintage Cole of California bathing suit (you know the one - the leopard one with the laces in front that goes for $50-$75) for $9.99!!! I love when sellers don't know waht they have and don't list it properly!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I know! Would you believe the necklace was deadstock and BIN? It's celluloid though, and not bakelite (though celluloid jewelry is actually worth quite a bit on its own as well.)

And look at the price of this necklace:
http://www.vintageswank.com/miva/me...re_Code=VS&Product_Code=206005&Category_Code=

I love finding a good deal! Last year I bought a brooch made of Venetian glass oranges hanging from a celluloid chain for only $20--I was the only bidder. It's matching bracelet went for a few hundred dollars--go figure :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart