Show Us Your Purchases!

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by Lauren, Dec 1, 2005.

1. VintageBee

VintageBee One of the Regulars

Great pieces!!! I'm keeping my eyes open on a table like yours....I found one a few years ago and I 'hoed' when should have 'hummed' :eusa_doh:

2. hailey greenhat

hailey greenhat A-List Customer

il_570xN.441756138_hzvg.jpg
    Stanford Sebring O "Casserole set"
    Love them! Everywhere i look they are listed as casserole dishes but this can't really be the case as one is barely 3.5'' wide. The larger one is 8'' wide. Any ideas on what they could be? I know there were matching salt and pepper shakers in the line so these most likely belong in the kitchen.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  3. hailey greenhat

hailey greenhat A-List Customer

That couch is truly beautiful SwingBee.

4. Lillie Librarie

Lillie Librarie New in Town

I'm so proud of the outfit I managed to put together with a pair of Palazzo pants I bought at Zara while on vacation in Chicago. I've been wanting a vintage pants outfit. The pants I bought yesterday and the top and sweater I had with me. I love these pants so much I would have gotten them in every color but these were the only ones they had left in my size. :( but I have been looking for a well cut pair of palazzos without luck because I'm tall and have a lot of hip and bottom so I was gonna make some for this trip and ran out of time. Forgot to take a picture of the back of the sweater but it has a red flower that is the same color as the pants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Link to the pants on Zara. I can't stand the way they style things. These girls look like hobos

http://www.zara.com/us/en/trafaluc/trousers/palazzo-trousers-c358033p1984863.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Dogtooth&Silk

Dogtooth&Silk New in Town

Hi! I've been silently lurking on this forum for a while and gazing enviously at everyone's purchases! :)
    I thought I'd share my latest purchase, as a best guess it seems to be a chinese wedding skirt made/converted for the american market(it has a Neiman Marcus label in it)?
    There are what I guess may be unfinished spots.
    I managed to snap it up for around £18 + postage on ebay, and wasn't quite sure what to expect as it was described as being weaved rayon. It was in fact silk brocade embroidered(by hand, as far as I can tell) with silk thread, I was pretty gobsmacked when I opened the package!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A link to the resto of the photos :)
    http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/Lily_Chadwick/library/Clothing?sort=3&page=1

Edit:I'm sorry about the size!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  6. VintageBee

VintageBee One of the Regulars

WHOA:eusa_clap that's quite the score!! Gorgeous!

7. Dogtooth&Silk

Dogtooth&Silk New in Town

Thanks! I have a weakness for any kind of embroidery, though sadly this one doesn't *cough* fit very well(it has to be snug at the waist, otherwise the clasps come loose) :p
    My guess is that I'll hang onto it for a while and then possibly sell it on.

8. fgradowski

fgradowski One of the Regulars

Today I had a lot of fun vintage shopping downtown. My favorite purchase was this taupe dress. I feel like it is something that Lucille Ball would have worn!
    taupe dress.jpg

9. fgradowski

fgradowski One of the Regulars

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a Lilli Ann coat at my favorite local vintage shop. The best part? It only cost me $40!
    0152.jpg
    Perfect condition too. It was such a steal!

10. DonnaP

DonnaP Familiar Face

Last summer I went to a garage sale that advertised "lots of fabric, never used". I figured it was going to be the usual cutesy quilting cotton I usually find at garage sales, but instead it was someone getting rid of her mother's fabric and patterns. Some of the patterns were from the 30's. I was in absolute heaven, I went back twice to get more stuff. This is some of the fabric and patterns.
    10464098_10152310078077912_6641564866721555533_n.jpg 10500383_10152310077252912_8956427432039833532_n.jpg

Sadly, the rayon on top is shredding throughout the length. The red pattern, purple polka dots and the one on the bottom with the white background have all been turned into dresses, I hoping to get a few more sewn up in the next few weeks.

11. vintage.vendeuse

vintage.vendeuse A-List Customer

Ooooh, what a lovely find!

12. MissMittens

MissMittens One Too Many

Nice vintage finds :) It's a shame about that rayon though :(

13. DonnaP

DonnaP Familiar Face

It sure is. There is enough for a dress there, but it just can't be salvaged. I'm hanging onto it just to look at it though

14. vintage.vendeuse

Circa late 1920s or early 30s garden party hat:

IMG_0620.jpg

15. lolly_loisides

lolly_loisides One Too Many

^^^^^^^
    Oh that's lovely vintage venues :)

16. vintage.vendeuse

Thanks!