Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Annixter

Practically Family
I came across this gem at Goodwill yesterday for $6. 1960's General Electric iron model H9F92. I completely dismantled it, cleaned the tank, plate, and other components, filed the contact points that had some corrosion, recalibrated it, and reassembled. It's in excellent condition, and boy does it crank out heat and steam. I'm particular excited about the on/off steam button. For years now I've been using a modern $50 iron that is horribly inconsistent with the steam, often times holding back on me and then letting loose in one gush that ends up dumping more water on my garment than steam. I hope my ironing woes are now relieved with this vintage iron. If anything, it sure looks better and will probably last me the rest of my life.

BettyMaraschino

Familiar Face
$_12.JPG

Recieved this in the post today from lovely Ebay. Over the moon. Listed on Ebay as Art deco braclet, nothing else - very straight forward plain advert. Looks so much more awesome in person!
Not much to say other than I am currently wearing it and doing a little happy dance :dance: :) Had to share it with someone :D

fgradowski

One of the Regulars
I've had spring on my mind lately. It has been freezing here in Indiana and I'm ready for spring. Here are two of my latest purchases. The first is a circle skirt and the second is a lovely peplum top with matching skirt.

1604577_10202356961598754_1094320062_n.jpg

1622017_10202350508637434_1918010514_n.jpg

Lillie Librarie

New in Town
pu7edure.jpg

A few purses I picked up at different estate sales all $5 each. Been using the wicker ones a lot great lighter option to the everyday purse. I just got the two beaded purses today both need some minor repair but the gray one has the most amazing kid leather lining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
^^^^ Really lovely purses Lilli.

This morning I purchased 2 dresses from ebay. A seamstress who makes theatrical costumes was selling things she's made for plays set in the 20's, 30's & 50's.
purple.JPG purple2.JPG
I'm really pleased about the first silk dress as I've been invited to a wedding & I needed a very colourful & modest dress. This is perfect.

Last edited:

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
^^^^ Really lovely purses Lilli.

This morning I purchased 2 dresses from ebay. A seamstress who makes theatrical costumes was selling things she's made for plays set in the 20's, 30's & 50's.
View attachment 13958 View attachment 13959
I'm really pleased about the first silk dress as I've been invited to a wedding & I needed a very colourful & modest dress. This is perfect.

Oh, I can see why you were laying the smack down on that anonymous bidder! ;) It's lovely! Congrats!

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Stumbled across this beautiful drop waist dress on ebay just now. Can't wait until it arrives. The seller described it as a "Mardi Gras" dress and I agree that it would look good at a Mardi Gras party! First pic shows the front, second pic shows the back.

ETA: It's a silk/cotton blend, I love clothing that are made from this blend.

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Here's my 2 recent purchases, here is a split of the before and after of a table we got at auction for $7, I still need to work on the chrome, but the hardware store is closed for the night.

table.jpg

And then, my new favorite piece, our new Kroehler sofa, it's yellow and nubby and wonderful, we drove in to Lee's Summit, MO to get this beauty today. I had to share!

Sofa.jpg

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
il_570xN.441756138_hzvg.jpg
Stanford Sebring O "Casserole set"
Love them! Everywhere i look they are listed as casserole dishes but this can't really be the case as one is barely 3.5'' wide. The larger one is 8'' wide. Any ideas on what they could be? I know there were matching salt and pepper shakers in the line so these most likely belong in the kitchen.

Last edited:

Lillie Librarie

New in Town
I'm so proud of the outfit I managed to put together with a pair of Palazzo pants I bought at Zara while on vacation in Chicago. I've been wanting a vintage pants outfit. The pants I bought yesterday and the top and sweater I had with me. I love these pants so much I would have gotten them in every color but these were the only ones they had left in my size. :( but I have been looking for a well cut pair of palazzos without luck because I'm tall and have a lot of hip and bottom so I was gonna make some for this trip and ran out of time. Forgot to take a picture of the back of the sweater but it has a red flower that is the same color as the pants.

8a3a4a4u.jpg

9uqedu5u.jpg

Link to the pants on Zara. I can't stand the way they style things. These girls look like hobos

http://www.zara.com/us/en/trafaluc/trousers/palazzo-trousers-c358033p1984863.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogtooth&Silk

New in Town
Hi! I've been silently lurking on this forum for a while and gazing enviously at everyone's purchases! :)
I thought I'd share my latest purchase, as a best guess it seems to be a chinese wedding skirt made/converted for the american market(it has a Neiman Marcus label in it)?
There are what I guess may be unfinished spots.
I managed to snap it up for around £18 + postage on ebay, and wasn't quite sure what to expect as it was described as being weaved rayon. It was in fact silk brocade embroidered(by hand, as far as I can tell) with silk thread, I was pretty gobsmacked when I opened the package!

P1010993_zps02eccdf3.jpg

P1020001_zpsc8ef4947.jpg

P1010996_zpsf2f8b779.jpg

A link to the resto of the photos :)
http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/Lily_Chadwick/library/Clothing?sort=3&page=1

Edit:I'm sorry about the size!

Last edited:

VintageBee

One of the Regulars
Hi! I've been silently lurking on this forum for a while and gazing enviously at everyone's purchases! :)
I thought I'd share my latest purchase, as a best guess it seems to be a chinese wedding skirt made/converted for the american market(it has a Neiman Marcus label in it)?
There are what I guess may be unfinished spots.
I managed to snap it up for around £18 + postage on ebay, and wasn't quite sure what to expect as it was described as being weaved rayon. It was in fact silk brocade embroidered(by hand, as far as I can tell) with silk thread, I was pretty gobsmacked when I opened the package!

P1010993_zps02eccdf3.jpg

P1020001_zpsc8ef4947.jpg

P1010996_zpsf2f8b779.jpg

A link to the resto of the photos :)
http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/Lily_Chadwick/library/Clothing?sort=3&page=1

Edit:I'm sorry about the size!

WHOA:eusa_clap that's quite the score!! Gorgeous!

Dogtooth&Silk

New in Town
Thanks! I have a weakness for any kind of embroidery, though sadly this one doesn't *cough* fit very well(it has to be snug at the waist, otherwise the clasps come loose) :p
My guess is that I'll hang onto it for a while and then possibly sell it on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112