Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Vanessa

One Too Many
When you can't find a matching hat, wear flowers. Great dress, by the way. I love the velvet detail.

Crookshanks

New in Town
Thanks!

maisie: No, I bought it in a vintage shop :)
Actually I wouldn't want to wear it to a dance 'cause the fabric's rather thick and I would litterally melt away but a nice sunday stroll would suite it fine.
You are right about how the dress stands on it's own. It doesn't really need anything but black shoes, a little purse and a nice hairstyle, maybe with flowers in it. Less is more. :)

MJistheBOMB

New in Town
:)

50rayonday1.JPG

Just purchased this adorable 50s day-dress on Ebay :)

Monique

Naama

Practically Family
1a_12_sb.JPG

Yay! Just won that dress from ebay! Well, at the end it costed me more than I wanted to pay for it at the beginning, but hey, my christmas present for myself :)

Naama

Vanessa

One Too Many
Naama - that's beautiful. I love the collar!

Here's my most recent:

0d_1.JPG

They need desperate cleaning, I know.

lowedge1.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh my gosh! That sweater is adorable!

And Vanessa, those are Peacock shoes- quite expensive in their day. They used to advertize in Vogue and whatnot.

Gosh everyone's stuff is so cute! It's so fun getting to see what everyone's tastes are like, and drool over each other's stuff (without ruining the fabric- or paper... just the keyboard). Heehee :)

maisie

Practically Family
I purchased this wedding dress off ebay earlier in the year, I had no idea when I was going to use it, but it was just so lovely and going cheap (as most 1940s wedding dresses are) and then wore it in a fashion show in the summer, here are some pictures:

Naama

Practically Family
Wow, maisie, this dress is absoulutely gorgeous! You have to get married as soon as possible! You'll make a great bride ;)

Naama

MJistheBOMB

New in Town
:)

Yay! Just won that dress from ebay! Well, at the end it costed me more than I wanted to pay for it at the beginning, but hey, my christmas present for myself

LOL, that's the excuse I've been telling myself these passed few days as I've been over-spending on Ebay. LOL! :), "It's my Christmas present to myself, it's okay..."

But seriously, it's okay to treat ourselves sometimes :). Enjoy, ladies :)

Monique

swinggal

One Too Many
Awesome!!! I'll have to post some of my finds. I love the pattern for the wide pand matching top that was posted. I recently made some overalls from the pattern below for dancing and more casual vintage wear. Used black linen with original 1940s white mother of pearl buttons down the side. They are really cute and I get a lot of comments about, specially when I do my hair up in a scarf, rosie style.

3322.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ooh! I have that pattern too! I'm glad to know it makes up well. Mine's being borrowed right now, but I'll have to make them up when I get it back. You don't happen to have any pictures you in it, do you?

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A new/old gown

I really like everything the ladies have posted. It seems that you all have exquisite taste. I wish I new how to sew, it would make having everything I want so much easier. Well, this is a dress I found in a little shop in my hometown. The woman who owns it has a great fear of the internet so she has no idea of the pricing of vintage clothes. I have gotten so many great bargains from her. This dress was actually used for years in a high school theater group, so it does need a little fixing up. But not so much that I can't wear it.

makll

Familiar Face
Lauren Henline said:
Hey gals,

I know we love to shop- it's sort of an inborn female quality, I think. I thought it might be fun to show off our new purchases. Please post links (of closed auctions, stores, etc), pics, etc here!

Here's one of my recent wins:
SXB80271049.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8353734019&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Can't wait to see what you've got ;)

Thats a really Great Hat, Just love it....
I recently got a crown block that is very similar, havent ahd time to make it yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21