Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

klara

One of the Regulars
wow! you ladies really know how to shop ;)

here's my latest finds
sweetheartDRESS1.jpg

brownshoes.jpg

greyshoes.jpg

And I finally got a copy of The way we wore by Marsha Hunt :D

timorous me

Familiar Face
It's been a while since I've posted anything here... doesn't mean I haven't been busy buying, though!

Here are some of my favorites recently...

yellowdress-1.jpg

Super cute tuxedo details... including a cummerbund belt!

romper.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'll never wear this... but it was so cute and such a steal!

ginghamdress.jpg

Too small, but so adorable... this one's going in the "sell closet."

menus.jpg

Now THIS may be the coolest thing ever. A lot of vintage menus from the 30's... many with hand-typed specials lists still inside!

hat.jpg

GORGEOUS hat... I wore it to work the other day! (We were having a "costume week...")

Plus a lot of 5 vintage beaded orlon sweaters in awesome condition on the CHEAP!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Thanks ladies! :) I am a lucky girl indeed!

Klara love those shoes!!!!

Fleur those are like perfect and great for summer.

Texas girl that watch is very cool!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Welcome Klara!
OMG, I almost bought those grey shoes! I love how the top comes off, they are so awesome!
Great dress!
Nikki
klara said:
wow! you ladies really know how to shop ;)

here's my latest finds
sweetheartDRESS1.jpg

brownshoes.jpg

greyshoes.jpg

And I finally got a copy of The way we wore by Marsha Hunt :D

Foofoogal

Banned
061007_001.jpg

These are for every day wear. I love the skirt. My grandaughter who is 9 is impressed with me wearing skirts and dresses lately instead of my shorts and pants. Just so much cooler in hot Texas weather. She asks me why I am not wearing a skirt if I am not. lol
54c2_1_b.jpg

8d92_1_b.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
I haven't bought anything in a long time; I got a little burned out. And I was making skirts. :) But I won this on Saturday and I'm so excited!

cc5e_3.JPG

I made a vow to not buy a dress that was missing its belt. That means I can spend a little more on beauties that I really want! The embroidery is in back as well, and the pressed pleats are fantastic. This is going to be perfect, especially for church. I have to wear solid colors in the choir.

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Sunny, I just adore that dress! Fabulous!

Klara, those shoes are amazing!

Yay ladies! I live vicariously though you!! I got a bunch of maternity clothes in the mail yesterday, does that count? lol

Barbigirl

Practically Family
My mink

I bought this glamorous coat for my birthday this weekend. I can't wait to wear it at QM!
IMG_3210.jpg

I also bought a fabulous wiggle dress and an interesting bolero.

Foofoogal

Banned
Sunny, that is exactly the kind of dress I am always searching for. I have a big thing for embroidery.

Barbigirl. :eek:fftopic: Nice but I am more into your carnival glass. I still collect carnival glass as a dealer. Especially Northwood. Did you know that the older carnival they do not even know how to produce as it used salts and they have never been able to recreate the formula. It was originally the poor mans Tiffany. Sold by trainloads to carnivals after it went out of favor.

klara

One of the Regulars
timorous me I love that yellow dress.
MaryDeluxe Thank you so much
ohairas That's exactly the reason I fell for them. 2 shoes in 1, it doesn't get any better than that. ;)
imoldfashioned Thank you so much. I saw some pictures from the book here at the fedora lounge and they were fantastic.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Carnival glass

Foofoogal said:
Sunny, that is exactly the kind of dress I am always searching for. I have a big thing for embroidery.

Barbigirl. :eek:fftopic: Nice but I am more into your carnival glass. I still collect carnival glass as a dealer. Especially Northwood. Did you know that the older carnival they do not even know how to produce as it used salts and they have never been able to recreate the formula. It was originally the poor mans Tiffany. Sold by trainloads to carnivals after it went out of favor.

Am I standing in front of it? You completely lost me on that one!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Sunny,

I had the twin of that dress in high school, except it was yellow. I literally wore it to bits--one of my favorite dresses ever! Hope you love yours as much.

Foofoogal

Banned
Am I standing in front of it? You completely lost me on that one!

Oops. Sorry. I guess it is the shop you bought your coat at and yes you are standing in front of a bunch of carnival glass along with other goodies. I thought it was your home. I am notoriously bad about going in homes and immediately looking for the antiques. (turning over plates and things.) lol
Goes with my business. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay