Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I got this during VBO and wore it today. It came with it's original belt but since I was wearing red I put a red belt on instead.

000_1869-1.jpg

Josephine

One Too Many
goldwyn girl said:
I got this during VBO and wore it today. It came with it's original belt but since I was wearing red I put a red belt on instead.

Looks great! Why does everything look dodgy on eBay, but when I see it on you all it looks fabulous? :/

katylouise

New in Town
goldwyn girl said:

000_1869-1.jpg

Absolutely fantastic! That dress is lovely and the red belt just makes it POP! You look very classy and fun :)

Mojito

One Too Many
Miss 1929 said:
Love it! Does it have a label?

I was watching a program the other day that skimmed throught the history of swimsuits - I was surprised when they suggested that the 1920s swimsuit was not much different from the Edwardian, and that they were all dark. Compare a 1921 and a 1929 swimsuit and you'll see quite a difference (also one worn in, say, France in the early 20s and one worn in Atlantic City). And some of the colours are quite light - often as an accent on a darker piece, but also colours like lovely limes and yellows for the basic colour.

pattygoody

New in Town
I scooped this up the other night on ebay! LOL That place is DA DEVIL!!!! Again, I am loving finding clothes with union labels! This is my new bed jacket for those nights in bed, reading and playing 40's glamour girl!

761632.JPG

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I've snagged a few things over the last few days :)
Sunglasses for 99 cents- just need to be cleaned up a bit.
683a_1.JPG

Cowboy boots
e667_1_sbl.JPG

And a western scarf! Yee haw!
7d33_1.JPG

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Cowboy boots
e667_1_sbl.JPG

And a western scarf! Yee haw!
7d33_1.JPG

Oh Lauren, the cowboy (now cowgirl!) stuff is fab--I especially love that scarf since I've never seen one like it before. Good prices I hope?

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alas, no label

Mojito said:
Love it! Does it have a label?

I was watching a program the other day that skimmed throught the history of swimsuits - I was surprised when they suggested that the 1920s swimsuit was not much different from the Edwardian, and that they were all dark. Compare a 1921 and a 1929 swimsuit and you'll see quite a difference (also one worn in, say, France in the early 20s and one worn in Atlantic City). And some of the colours are quite light - often as an accent on a darker piece, but also colours like lovely limes and yellows for the basic colour.

I also have a faboo teal blue with red and black trim, with the Jantzen diving girl and the label - but I would have to choos which thigh to wear it on!

Dracca

One of the Regulars
I found this black velvet coat yesterday at the thrift store for $11.99, it is in perfect condition. I am not good with dates but it looks 50'sish to me, 3/4 length puffy type sleeves, a very soft velvet and about mid-calf length. "Original Lilly Diamond of California" is the label.

coat.jpg

pattygoody

New in Town
Dracca said:
I found this black velvet coat yesterday at the thrift store for $11.99, it is in perfect condition. I am not good with dates but it looks 50'sish to me, 3/4 length puffy type sleeves, a very soft velvet and about mid-calf length. "Original Lilly Diamond of California" is the label.

coat.jpg

Beautiful find!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara