Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Where in the flippin' freakness did you find those treasures!!!??

LD

LOL! I'm gonna try to work that phrase into a conversation today!

The blue velvet was a thrift store find -- and I almost never find anything vintage in the thrift stores. The skirt has a quarter sized place where the pile is crushed but it may come up when I clean it. You just can't beat the saturated colors of 1930's velvet.

The cotton dress was from ebay. I would have bought it for the buttons alone--I love those buttons! But the print is fabulous too and the inverted pleats are really nice details.

Both are just a tiny bit tight in the hips but they ought to be alright after a couple of weeks of not existing on christmas cookies. If that doesn't work, there's enough seam allowance that I can let them out a bit.

Gigi

New in Town
I love high-waisted pants, but I've already got several plain pairs in various colors. I bought these today because I don't have any with the overall/suspender look yet. I'm worried they might look a bit too modern, as many of the new trendy high waist jeans I find do, but I like them regardless. I'm just hoping I don't end up being too short for them.

oklyn_navya.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Purses, hat, & shoes ...oh my!

Some new vintage things I've found in my travels.
My favorite has to be the shoes! They are in amazing condition...I almost hate to wear them...but I will!:D
pursesshoe.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
Mary deluxe, I love all your finds, but especially that divine purse on the left!

Such beauties everyone!

DPD, I'm so sorry about all your lost item problems! That's such a disappointment on so many levels :(

I picked up this little beaut as a tiny "Merry Christmas to Me" present. I can't ever have enough black cardis.

a7b2_1.JPG

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
My mom and I took the 3 1/2 hour drive from Boston up to the Vermont Country Store in Weston, VT a couple days ago. I've always loved their catalogs, but their store has more in it than I could ever imagine! It was built in 1946 and the town of Weston is on the National Historic Register. They have all sorts of old-fashioned and hard to find clothing, apothecary, food and household items.

I bought lye soap for laundry stains, Coty L'Origan perfume (it's what Coty face powder is scented with and I've loved this fragrance forever!) and also found this great mohair hood in charcoal grey that won't mess up my hair when I wear it. My mom says they used to wear them all the time in the 50s.

f08816_dt.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Mary Deluxe--that hat is adorable but those shoes! Those shoes! And they look perfect, what a great find!

Kitty T--Isn't Weston and VCS like a time warp? The last time I was there, which was awhile ago, they didn't have an ATM. Not just in the Vermont Country Store but in the entire town! I've always wanted to eat in that restaurant next door to the VCS (if it's still there). You'll look so cute in that hood!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
imoldfashioned said:
I've always wanted to eat in that restaurant next door to the VCS (if it's still there).

We did eat there. That place is great (and well-priced too!) Lots of VT specialties like chicken pie with biscuits, Johnnycakes, etc.

When we walked in the store a lady was talking to the cashier about Spoolies and how she thought that you definitely had to be a certain age to appreciate most of the items in the store. All I could think was, "unless you're a Fedora Lounger!"

You'll look so cute in that hood!

Thanks. Not me, though! Just their catalogue picture :)

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
ShortClara said:
I picked up this little beaut as a tiny "Merry Christmas to Me" present. I can't ever have enough black cardis.

a7b2_1.JPG

Clara of the Shortness, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I wish you could come shop where I work-we have some really nice ones! ;)

ShortClara

One Too Many
I'm so excited I just got a second chance offer on a piece I lost a month or so back - it's sterling and deco with Xs and Os (hugs and kisses) - I can't wait to get it!

a244_1.JPG

ShortClara

One Too Many
RedHotRidinHood said:
Clara of the Shortness, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I wish you could come shop where I work-we have some really nice ones! ;)

I love Clara of the Shortness! LOL I am of the Los Angeles Shortnesses, a fine upstanding (but not too UPstanding) clan.

I wish I could, too! There's not much better on a cold day than a fuzzy warm and bling-y sweater :)

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Dandelion-V...it's satin! I was excited to see that it also has the Miami makers mark on the inside.

But the shoes...yup I almost missed seeing the shoes. They were half hidden up high on a shelf...had to stand on tip toe to get em down!

Liz

ShortClara said:
I'm so excited I just got a second chance offer on a piece I lost a month or so back - it's sterling and deco with Xs and Os (hugs and kisses) - I can't wait to get it!

a244_1.JPG

That's a beautiful piece, and if you got that second chance offer, that must mean it was meant to be. :)

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
My mom and I took the 3 1/2 hour drive from Boston up to mohair hood in charcoal grey that won't mess up my hair when I wear it. My mom says they used to wear them all the time in the 50s.

f08816_dt.jpg

Akk. It's finally happened!! I've reached antique status. They wore those in the sixties too. In my grade school.

I hated them. They itch.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Liz said:
That's a beautiful piece, and if you got that second chance offer, that must mean it was meant to be. :)

That's what I thought, Liz :D The seller was just happy to finally be paid for it!

jenny_dreadful

Familiar Face
Cardi-mania!

ShortClara said:

a7b2_1.JPG

That's so beautiful!!! I'm kind of obsessive about cardis, esp. black and red ones. EC Star has such a cute one with Chinese lanterns, but it's light green, and I'm not sure I'd wear it that much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit